DaUnknownAdmin.Com
  • Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for DOFCH.Com, Freestyle.FM, and WhatChaMissin.Com. (There's also a tiny gaming clan forum.) You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

Yolanda

DJ_Glimpse

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Hi! My name is Yolanda Ruiz. I was born and raised in San Jose, CA and now live in Los Angeles, CA. I’ve been singing/dancing/performing since I was seven years old. After highschool, I recorded my first song ("Together Forever") and soon after I was performing in clubs. One day my single ended up on a major radio station in San Francisco, CA which gave me exposure and experiences to last a life time. I went to San Jose State University and majored in Music with a concentration in Jazz studies but got the itch to transfer to the Los Angeles “Get Discovered University”. I guess I’m a student for life!

I came to LA with high hopes that I was going to get discovered or land a record deal. I wrote a bunch of songs with different songwriters and producers, performed with a live band in LA and won a National Online Music Video contest. My journey so far has been one crazy ride but I wouldn’t rewrite it. I’m a big believer that everything happens for a reason. My experiences so far only validate that I’m in this for the long haul and I’m committed to my craft. Music is not just a childhood dream for me anymore but a life long passion. I love what I do because music is a beautiful language that is deep within us all. I’ll never forget when I was in the car with one of my friends who is an interpreter for the deaf and she played my song really loud for a bunch of her deaf students who could feel the bass and rhythms of my song. It was so moving to see how they connected with music and it still gives me chills thinking about that night.

I’m currently not signed and I don’t have a manager at this time but I’m always looking for a team. My new song “On the Dancefloor” is one of my latest songs and I also have a couple of releases scheduled for later this year. I’m planning a mini tour in California for now and hopefully make my way to other states soon, so if you are a promoter/booker, I'm looking at keeping my calendar full this summer.

I love collaborating with other artists and songwriters. We’re not in this world alone, so please join me and let’s create!

See ya’ll On the Dancefloor ;)

Peace, love and joy

Yolanda Ruiz

Source: http://www.myspace.com/yolandaruizmusic
You can check out Yolanda's website at http://www.yolandaruiz.com/
http://www.youtube.com/yolandaruizmusic

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, you seem to have the right attitude and the determination to succeed
In the music business. Have you ever considerd american idol? That is always
my #1 advise to young music artist like yourself. I wish american idol existed
when I was @ the peak of my youth, I would have gone for it @ full force! The
best advise I can give is, make sure you create a strong marketing team, and
Surround yourself with only positive influences. As an artist your main job is
Just to stay focus on your craft, nothing else! Let your marketing team that you will
have to trust handle the business. If you try to handle both on your own, you
will lose your true identity on who you really are. Artist/singer/songwriter/performer,
that's who you are! Trust me don't lose sight. It's ok to be knowledgeable in all
angles of the business, but you must remain focus 1st on you, "the artist".
If I had someone give me this same simple advise when I started, I would have
shared the same stage with MJ, "This is it"! But in your case,"It still is"! Now make it
happen! I only wish the best for you, "Those were the times"!!
Love & peace always!

Miguel Reyes.

Hello, you seem to have the right attitude and the determination to succeed
In the music business. Have you ever considerd american idol? That is always
my #1 advise to young music artist like yourself. I wish american idol existed
when I was @ the peak of my youth, I would have gone for it @ full force! QUOTE]

One should keep in mind that American Idol stuff usually doesn't work out, even if the singer is good. There are good singers who don't make it past the first audition round. For the most part, people who audition on that show are not real artists. At best, they're media made clones. That show along with the internet are the two biggest factors that destroyed the music industry. There's no hardcore underground movements in the music scene anymore the way that there was back in the 80s and 90s before that show came into existence. It destroyed the whole concept of orginality within music. Nevermind the fact that most (not all) of the stars that show made weren't able to make it translate into record sales.

You bring up a strong interesting point. If american idol is not
the answer for young & upcomming artist, than what advise & hope
can you give them?

That's a good question. The music industry is not anything close to what it used to be, especially the underground. Up until the mid to late 90s, it was very possible for an independent artist to make a way for themselves and that is no longer the case. I remember this particular artist "Yolanda" and her record that came out in the late 90s. That was made possible by and a product of a very active & productive underground music scene that had given rise to various forms of underground dance music. Nothing like that would be realistically possible in today's scene. I think stuff like "American Idol" and the mentality that it puts young people in before they're even adults has contributed greatly to the demise of the underground music scene. Instead of being creative on their own, young people are more preoccupied trying to imitate someone else's pop song. It was unthinkable back in the mid 90s that people would sell themselves out like that on TV for an all or nothing chance at fame. It just wasn't an accepted frame of mind amongst young people at the time.

Back