DaUnknownAdmin.Com
  • Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for DOFCH.Com, Freestyle.FM, and WhatChaMissin.Com. (There's also a tiny gaming clan forum.) You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

Windows Police Pro VIRUS

Chuck

Who?
Staff member
Administrator
DOFCH.COM
FreestyleMania.com
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
NYFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Ok somehow I got this freakin virus and it's a real pain in the ass. The last thing I remember going to was when I googled why the lord of the flies was rated R, since I've never seen it before and my daughter wanted to watch it. I got to a site with a review I believe. Well get got company at the same time so I never really looked at it. Then a little later my daughter logged in under her name and went to definitions.com or something like that cause we were playing scrabble. Well when I googled for a scrabble dictionary I noticed that I kept getting redirected when I could click on one of the links in the results, then I got a fake scan coming up saying I got a virus and urging me to buy "Windows Police Pro". Of course I know its fake and not to click ok or anything but somehow It ended up on my computer and now I can't do shit.

I can't do system restore, I can't go into safe mode. It stops alot of tools I normally have. I will find a way to get this off my machine (I hope) but just be careful if you ever see this come up. It seems to be new and very nasty. I'm sure it's gonna take me a week or so before I finally find something that works, its either that or reformat and I dont wanna do that.

Reinstall windows if all else fails, remember, you dont have to format to reinstall. When you reinstall it basically wipes out your system folder and puts a fresh one in. The virus should be gone, but you'll still have your data. You might have to reinstall some of your programs though.

Reinstall windows if all else fails, remember, you dont have to format to reinstall. When you reinstall it basically wipes out your system folder and puts a fresh one in. The virus should be gone, but you'll still have your data. You might have to reinstall some of your programs though.
Ur right, that's actually what I meant. It's still such a pain in the ass. The one time I did that before somehow the plug came out and it never finished installing everything. So I had to do it again. Then all of ur stuff comes in one folder. Would rather just avoid all that if I can. But like you said, if all else fails.

Here is how to get rid of the Windows Police Pro Virus:

How to stop the Windows Police Pro Virus Process

Press Start + R, type “taskmgr” and press enter. Then find Windows Police Pro.exe, select it and press “End Process”.

How to remove Windows Police Pro Virus Registry entries

Press Start + R, type “regedit” and press enter. Find the “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Windows Police Pro
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Windows Police Pro” key and delete it. Be careful not to delete other keys.

How to remove Windows Police Pro Virus Files

Find and delete the following files:

C:\Program Files\Windows Police Pro\
C:\Program Files\Windows Police Pro\Windows Police Pro.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Police Pro\tmp\dbsinit.exe

Press Start + R, type “taskmgr” and press enter. Then find Windows Police Pro.exe, select it and press “End Process”.

Press Start + R, type “regedit” and press enter. Find the “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Windows Police Pro
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Windows Police Pro” key and delete it. Be careful not to delete other keys.

You googled that didnt u Krystal lol
Yes she did Jrsygrl lol.

I tried that yesterday but it won't let me enter the regedit even after I end the process (its automatically started back up each time). I did find another forum that said there are two processes I need to end but haven't had a chance to try it yet. Thank though Krystal, I appreciate it.

LOL!!!!!!!! No google!!!!!

I bing'd it! :rotf:

Congratulations on using Google!

I don't have any of those, I do have spybot search and destroy and also ad-aware but have not updated either in at least a month or so. This thing seems to pretty new judging by all the threads I have found about it all from the last week or so. I am not connecting to the net with it anymore so i will not dl anything else. I will try dl'ng the programs on my other computer and transferring it via flash drive. Thanks again for the help.

I forgot to mention that a sledgehammer works good too...

Good luck Chuck. SO far people have gotten rid of their spyware issues with those programs i mentioned. I use them just to see if any spyware ever gotten into my system.

Thanks Greek, I will def dl them probably for both computers.

Ok I'm pretty sure I got rid of it. I did check out everything you all suggested but the virus would not allow me to do anything. I was able to stop long enough to run adaware which did not detect it until I was able to update it (which I didnt know if i'd be able to do) then it detected it. Sadly the damage has been done. Now every program I open it wants to know what it wants me to open it with including system restore. I cannot open add/remove programs cause it says it can't find it. I'm running a second scan after restarting it and no problems other that what i told you.

If all is well I will run those other programs too just to make sure all traces are gone. After that I will try to fix each individual problem as I come across them. If it gets too tedious I just may reinstall windows from the disc, after backing up all my files on my external, I just hope it don't come down to that, either way I'm backing up my files.

I was gonna try one of the removal tools but I'm just worried that I might be downloading something else. Again thanks for everyone's help and I just hope it's gone for good.

This "rouge" program was created by the same people who brought you WinAntivirus Pro 2009/2008/2007, XP Antivirus pro, WindowsAntivirusPro, and Windows Antivirus pro, among other variations. It's a fake program that some scammers created to make money illegally, while infecting your computer, and once you pay them, your system will be a whole lot worse.

Spybot: search and destroy can find it and remove it from your system, and it's a free program. http://www.spybotupdates.com/files/spybotsd162.exe This helped my brother remove it from his computer that uses Windows Vista.

Good luck Chuck!

I read somewhere on the net someone used malwarebytes. But as i said keep googling you will find the answer. I search every so often but always find the same info.

I popped up with "Total Secuirty 2009" that Malwarebytes found and got rid of for me. :)

Back