• Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for WhatChaMissin.Com, Freestyle.FM and other sites. You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

What's Your Preferred Browser?

Which Is Your #1 Browser To Surf With?

• Google's Chrome

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Which Web- Browser do you prefer to fire up and surf the net?

Microsoft's Internet Explorer
Mozilla's Firefox
Google's Chrome
Other {Please Specify in Thread}

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Ever since I stopped using AOL, that was @ 2.5, 3.0, I've been using IE. Back then all my friends we Netscape Nav fans and wouldn't touch anything from MS. I wonder what they are using now. LOL.

Anywho I though we could revisit this topic now that FireFox has really grabbed a bigger share of browser pie and a new browser, Goolge Chrome on the scene.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chuck

Who?
Staff member
Administrator
DOFCH.COM
FreestyleMania.com
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
NYFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I don't even know anything about google chrome. I also have safari on my computer and had to use that when I had my last virus, cause it was the only one out of the 3 on my computer, that wasn't affected by it.

I have always used IE but then had a virus some time back. Then I was reading in a magazine (pc world I think) and they said that IE is alot riskier when it comes to viruses and other threats, they said firefox was the way to go so I started using it. Plus I loved the tabs, which IE didnt have at that time.

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Homer you penis jockey, now you can edit my post back to what it said originally. and you better hope you saved it word for word.

Quixotic

DOFCH.COM
DOFCH.COM
IE on Macintosh is just total garbage, which is not a surprise considering that Microsoft no longer supports it.

I've used Firefox on occasion and while I do like it, I find that it's noticeably slower than Safari, my preferred browser.

Now that I've heard of Chrome, I think I'll give it a try to see how it goes.

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I've used Chrome for a little bit and I find it to be fast and yet very vanilla, very simple. You even get more of the website on the browser since there aren't any toolbars taking up valuable real estate.

shadowman

Freestyle and DDR Junkie
DOFCH.COM
Freestyle Nation
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
LatinFreestyle.Com
I was a big fan of Netscape Nevigator until AOL bought it. AOL ruined a lot of independent applications just because they wanted them to work for their stupid internet service lol.

I got Firefox, and it's a very impressive browser (faster loading pages compared to IE, but takes longer to open and it uses a whole lot more memory resources than it should), however it has major flaws on implementation for applications like media players and some plugins. And speaking about viruses, Firefox is not as virus immune as many of their top supporters say.

I use a hybrid version of Internet Explorer that is provided by my internet provider (Comcast) which has support for Mozilla, and I heavily protect from viruses, spyware, etc. I love the tab feature for both IE7 and Firefox.

shadowman

Freestyle and DDR Junkie
DOFCH.COM
Freestyle Nation
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
LatinFreestyle.Com
IE on Macintosh is just total garbage, which is not a surprise considering that Microsoft no longer supports it.

I've used Firefox on occasion and while I do like it, I find that it's noticeably slower than Safari, my preferred browser.

Now that I've heard of Chrome, I think I'll give it a try to see how it goes.
You can blame Apple not wanting to share code to make IE work as Microsoft wanted. You can say that about the test versions of Safari for Windows (and believe me, it was really horrible, although Apple would not confirm it exsisted, as they deny about their "Lion" project for OS X).

Chuck

Who?
Staff member
Administrator
DOFCH.COM
FreestyleMania.com
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
NYFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Homer you penis jockey, now you can edit my post back to what it said originally. and you better hope you saved it word for word.
lol, sorry Raf. I dont know how i clicked on ur post instead of mine lol. Anyways, I never deleted anything, I only tried to add to my original post.

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I was a big fan of Netscape Nevigator until AOL bought it. AOL ruined a lot of independent applications just because they wanted them to work for their stupid internet service lol.
I remember that! They were supposed to bring the Netscape engine to AOL and it never worked out. Freaking AOL, they killed Netscape and with it MS get lazy with their IE development.

TearEmUp

Mixologist!
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Been using FF for over two years now. It rocks...all the cool add ons, like skins and such. So for me Its Firefox all the way......not to mention, if your using Rocket Dock...the FF icons are sweet!

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I've used Chrome for a little bit and I find it to be fast and yet very vanilla, very simple. You even get more of the website on the browser since there aren't any toolbars taking up valuable real estate.
Forgot to add how I really don't like the effects when you type in a url, it reminds too much of FF and that's not cool. LOL.

BTW Rocket Dock is the shit!

CUBE2

I Like Firefox, And Used Others, But Firefox Is The One For Me..
I will try chrome too..

Homer Tons Of Viruses Have Been Made To Affect Ie, People Have Made Ie Virus Heaven Cause They Made Virus To Attack The Ie Signature, It Is Like Mac Vs Windows, Lots Of Virus Have Been Made To Attack Windows Signature, But Not Mac Yet, Just Give It Time, Mac Will Start Having Virus Signatures Coming Soon, To Attack It Too..in Due Time..

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Homer Tons Of Viruses Have Been Made To Affect Ie, People Have Made Ie Virus Heaven Cause They Made Virus To Attack The Ie Signature, It Is Like Mac Vs Windows, Lots Of Virus Have Been Made To Attack Windows Signature, But Not Mac Yet, Just Give It Time, Mac Will Start Having Virus Signatures Coming Soon, To Attack It Too..in Due Time..
The answer to that is simple, do you want to create something that will spread to 80 - 90 percent of the computers around the world or do you want to create something that will only reach 5 - 15 percent of the world's computers.

If you're gonna be known, the logical choice is a hack for the pc! why even bother with a mac. no one will care. you won't even make the local news.

liz75217

BEAUTIFUL DISASTER
well I have ie, firefox and safari on my laptop and from the them I prefer IE to me its much faster than firefox and safari just weird to me lol

Produkt

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
The answer to that is simple, do you want to create something that will spread to 80 - 90 percent of the computers around the world or do you want to create something that will only reach 5 - 15 percent of the world's computers.

If you're gonna be known, the logical choice is a hack for the pc! why even bother with a mac. no one will care. you won't even make the local news.
From the industry's point of view, thank you Raf... that is the straight to the point answer to the "FF, safari, and "hybrid" types of browsers being virus safe. Sooo..... even though i have an ipod....#$@#$@$@$# mac pcs!! IE is the most compatible, widely used and developed for browser in the market. At work some of our applications wont launch with FF or other browsers (@#$@ users install their own browers on their pcs) so i have to lay the smack down when needed and upgrade / make IE the default browser.

Nice_Visionz

DOFCH.COM
DOFCH.COM
FreestyleMania.com
MaximumFreestyle.Com
LatinFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I Use and prefer Firefox..I have used it for a few years now and haven't had any problems..I love the tabbing i can do and the different add-ons it has and also i can change the theme as well..I feel safer using it compared to IE..

varrinique

FM MoDz
Freestyle Nation
FreestyleMania.com
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
NYFreestyle.Com
MaximumFreestyle.Com
LatinFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Explorer desktop