DaUnknownAdmin.Com
  • Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for DOFCH.Com, Freestyle.FM, and WhatChaMissin.Com. (There's also a tiny gaming clan forum.) You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

What Windows Should Be??????

WillyV.

Rebel
Staff member
DOFCH.COM
Yeah yeah yeah,. I hate Windows & I hate Vista cause they simply suck.
Now I do Love MAC OS X & I Love Linux. Now this is all besides the point thou.

Seriously thou, If you want an alternative to windows why not try out Linux, I currently run Ubuntu Linux. So I included a screen shot to show that it's works the same as PC when browsing & using JAVA or Flash for that matter. Much more secure then windows could ever be. Allow or Deny uhmmmmmmm Allow damit.

Anyways take the Linux challenge what to you have to lose. PS I don't run Windows at all. Screw The Gates Of Hell.

Attachments

• Screenshot-1.jpg
    Screenshot-1.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited by a moderator:
Willy, I understand why you dislike windows, but Linux (in any of its variations) still lags windows in more ways than you think. Sure, some applications operate better on Linux than Windows, but that is not a good enough reason to switch.

AS far as MacOS goes, their claim that they're virus/worm/trojan/adware/spyware/malware free is bogus. Just design a virus for a MacOS system, and then install it on your Mac, and I can tell you what to call your Mac...... USELESS, unless you have Norton for MacOS. I have used Mac, and to be honest, it's not that impressive to me, and it still looks years behind to Windows in terms of interface (Windows is not perfect either). Maybe OS X Lion (if it's ever released) should give MacOS a refreshing look.

LOL i feel for you man, but as far as MAC being behind windows is not true at all. Where not in the days of throwing rocks to get our food. Honestly thou it's really a matter of preference so I can see why people prefer Windows. I was in the same boat till I seen the light.

Also I never said Mac can not get viruses I believe any system can get that, but none are as bad as windows at all. True most applications are only made for Windows which is why most will not change away from it,.. HMMMMM cause all your money is invested to it.

If you really think MAC user interface is behind,.. maybe you havn't seen MAC OS Tiger which i may add is being replaced by Leopard in October. Yet to make a long story short Vista is nothing but a rip off of Mac Tiger OS so much for being behind right.

Now this post is about Linux. Now I will agree 100% that if you expect it to be like Windows then your setting yourself up to be real SADDDDDDDDDD. It's not pretty hell It's nothing like window even with installing programs. It surely something that will take a lot of getting used to. Yet it's pretty much all OPEN SOURCE meaning that all the proggies are FREE.

Now Let me take it further would I recommend it to POWER USERS no I would not,. Would I recommend it to the Normal Every Day User then YES.

Here's what I consider everyday users. That user their computers for Email, Web Browsing, Excel-Word-Spread Sheets, Basic Music, Simple Graphics, IM aka Instant Messengers. If this is your primary use of a PC then there's really no need to spend hundreds of DOLLARS on Windows or Vista. Thats just my opinion thou. To each their own.

I still say Windows sucks that won't change till windows change.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4qM5u5oxIM[/media]

I see your point, Willy. However, I still disagree on the Virus topic for Mac OS (and I am not talking about just those systems using the Intel Dual Core processors). Symantec (the creators of Norton Antivirus) have detected several vulnerabilities that can be as bad or even worse than many of the problems an unprotected, unmaintained, and unserviced PC running Windows can have, but the guys at Apple would not even recognize them as real. Don't get me started on their interface. It still looks as horrible as it did ten to fifteen years ago (I am just talking about their default scheme). Sure, there are schemes that look better than their default, but please Apple, give OSX Leopard a new look on it's default scheme. That modified look of Mac OS 3.0's scheme (LOL) needs to go. Give it more life!!!!

Also, why release yet another new "minor update" for OSX (Leopard aka OS 10.5 or 10.6 if I am correct), and charge as much or more than a new Windows OS, and still no word on when their next generation OS 11.0 (Read: OSX Lion) would be released and it is also rumored to be at least two years behind schedule? Something does not seem right, but if Steve Jobs wants to make updates available for a high cost, more power to him, but it sounds more like highway ripoff to me. I am not an Mac OS basher, but these updates for OSX don't seem too much of a major issue to justify them charging so much for them each time a "new release" (I prefer to call them minor updates to their current version) is made available. As bad as some Windows versions had been out (especially the hell named Millenium Edition), they only charge when they have a new version OS, and not for updates named like the ones named Panther, Jaguar, Tiger, Leopard, Bengal, kittikat, etc.. (BTW, where is "Lion"?) What would be next after running out of members of the feline kingdom (Skunk, rat, Dog, Horndogg, Horse, Elephant, Hyenna, Dinosaur (wait, that one was taken by Windows ME), Hippopotamus, LOL)

As far as Linux goes, I am not expecting them to be Windows, but at least become more friendly for common applications, and many known plugins, especially being an Open Source OS. That is where you and I see eye to eye. Linux (and Unix) are not as bad as BeOS, Opera, and several other operating systems out there. I guess we'll have to wait to see if Sun Mycrosystem's OS can be as promising and give MacOs and Windows a run for their money.

Now, let's talk about Windows. Vista has a lot of issues, but not as bad as Millenium Edition. It does some noticeable improvements on protecting itself, however it's not enough to finally end most of their vulnerabilities, which keeps me from buying until they release a revision for it. It took me until revision 2 to buy a PC with XP running on it, and XP is not perfect, but sure is better than the current version of Vista.

Can't complain about this post, because I brought some personal opinion, some facts, and some humor. This is a very good topic, and for that I thank you Willy for bringing this interesting discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL you killing me with this "Lion" honestly thou I don't have the slightest clue on that at all. I got into MAC using Tiger. The last time prior that I used MAC was eon's ago when they were still being called Macintosh this was way back when that IBM was the leader & MAC or PC didn't have a pot to piss in if memory serve's me correctly.

Ok now to your replies. As far as MAC OS Tiger or the new Leopard both cost $129.00 their is no such thing as Basic $199.00 , Premium $239.00 , Bussiness $299.00 , Ultimate $399.00 these are the full purchase prices on Windows Vista.

Again to your peeve on Viruses - Spyware - Security well thats something every system is gonna have. The only TRUE Secure system from that is a computer that is never ever on the internet & never shares files with another system thats just life.

Interface again I got into MAC using Tiger so thats what I know. Minor update I don't really think so but it's very arguable from many points of views.

It's funny you mention the horrid Microsoft M.E. cause when I got my first PC it was a H.P. running the latest & greatest piece of crap M.E. Edition. So the move to XP was actually a good & pleasant one to say the least. Also being the curious guy that I am ya know I just had to run Vista Ultimate Edition. Now I will say I believe it runs better then XP at least the programs that were written for it. Yet at the same time it keeps you from doing your work with that dayum Allow Or Deny zhit, & No it's not really hardware compatible at all even with hunting down updated drivers & new hardware. It's not as nearly as bad as M.E. but it give's it a hell of a run for it's money thats for sure.

Yet once more this is about PC vs Linux for the common computer user not about MAC which I will stand by 100% till it give's me a reason not too as Windows XP & Vista have done.

But hey if your Happy with windows & you know it Clap your hands, If your not & you know it stomp your feet. Some people will change & other will not but at least we put out the choice for them to make.

I am not trying to kill anyone with the "Lion" thing LOL. It's just the fact that Apple is trying to re-invent their OS with that project, and it has taken them way longer than they expected, but they won't talk about it until their project is "perfect". And reguard updates (not a new OS), that's where Apple is doing it the wrong way by charging if you want to go from 10.0 to 10.1 and everytime after that, for what I call small to medium level updates, something that Microsoft (as crooks as they are at times) don't do for their Windows OS. Sure, Windows does charge when they release a new OS (this time at three levels depending on what do you want), but I am not convinced yet Vista is perfect.

BTW, did you like the future names for the OSX (from 10.6 to 10.99999999)? lol I had to make you chuckle a bit too.

Back