• Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for WhatChaMissin.Com, Freestyle.FM and other sites. You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

What are the best ways to...

chuckie

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
What is the best way to transfer vinyl to mp3. I was thinking about buying a ION USB turntable and transfer a bunch of vinyl to mp3 so i can use it to mix with.
Also what are some good programs to use on the mac for mixing. I would like something similar to mixmeister but for the mac. Does anyone know of any programs like this for the mac?

TIA

Chuckie!

chuckie

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
No one has any ideas? Help me out here!

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Mac? Good Luck!

The only thing I can tell you is get bootcamp, install Win XP and then you can run Mixmeister or any other Windows based prog. If I remember correctly Leopard has this as a standard feature.

CPR_Jose_Ortiz

DOFCH.COM
DOFCH.COM
I bought an ION for my brother for Christmas.
All I can tell you is that he hasn't had any sleep in 2 days.
He loves it.

You can edit the pops and transfer all of your favorite music.

You SHOULD be able to mix with that program after transferring. I had a program really similar to it, and you could fix the sound, chop up the song, and line it up with others to mix. (It had a lot more to it---but this is me summing it up at 9 in the morn). Look more into it, see if it has edit tools and if you can mess with a few songs at a time. If not, I'll try to dig up this ol program to give you details...

I have a Mac.. I can tell you how I transfer cassettes.. great for those old mixtapes ;)

I went to Radio Shack and got a wire that plugs into my walkman (the headphones hole) and the other end plugs into my Fast Track (which I use for my microphone) (I think the wire can also directly plug into the Mac). So then I cue up the tape on the walkman and record it as a Garage Band track (vocals, no effects).

For vinyl I just record it onto a tape, and then do the above LoL

pretty primitive, I guess... at 5 years old my Mac is already an antique :/ .. but hey, I LIKE the crackles... sounds like rain LoL

chuckie

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Mac? Good Luck!

The only thing I can tell you is get bootcamp, install Win XP and then you can run Mixmeister or any other Windows based prog. If I remember correctly Leopard has this as a standard feature.
I currently use Parallels and my mac and it works. But i'm going to be getting a macbook pro soon and wanted something for that. But i guess i could run parallels on that also and run MixMeister. Just wanted a mac app that was similar to mixmeister. I'm suprised there isn't any apps out there similar to this one that will run on the mac considering Mac is the standard for the audio/video industry.

chuckie

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I have a Mac.. I can tell you how I transfer cassettes.. great for those old mixtapes ;)

I went to Radio Shack and got a wire that plugs into my walkman (the headphones hole) and the other end plugs into my Fast Track (which I use for my microphone) (I think the wire can also directly plug into the Mac). So then I cue up the tape on the walkman and record it as a Garage Band track (vocals, no effects).

For vinyl I just record it onto a tape, and then do the above LoL

pretty primitive, I guess... at 5 years old my Mac is already an antique :/ .. but hey, I LIKE the crackles... sounds like rain LoL
I ordered the Ion USB turntable yesterday so that will be what i end up using. They also have a USB cassette player that you can do the same thing with. You should check that out :)

chuckie

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I bought an ION for my brother for Christmas.
All I can tell you is that he hasn't had any sleep in 2 days.
He loves it.

You can edit the pops and transfer all of your favorite music.
I just ordered one yesterday :) guess i won't be getting any sleep with transfering vinyl over and making a mix for the contest on here in Feb :)

chuckie

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
You SHOULD be able to mix with that program after transferring. I had a program really similar to it, and you could fix the sound, chop up the song, and line it up with others to mix. (It had a lot more to it---but this is me summing it up at 9 in the morn). Look more into it, see if it has edit tools and if you can mess with a few songs at a time. If not, I'll try to dig up this ol program to give you details...
Please do and thank you. Any help i can get i will take. I feel like i'm a newbie to mixing with all this digital stuff these days. But i gotta say, it is cheaper to do but more time consuming to start with. I could just be lazy and buy a bunch of cds and not worry about transfering stuff over, but there are so many records i had that you can't find on cd or anywhere for that matter.

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I currently use Parallels and my mac and it works. But i'm going to be getting a macbook pro soon and wanted something for that. But i guess i could run parallels on that also and run MixMeister. Just wanted a mac app that was similar to mixmeister. I'm suprised there isn't any apps out there similar to this one that will run on the mac considering Mac is the standard for the audio/video industry.
They are the standard for audio/video production, but as you have experienced that doesn't translate into everyday software.

But software developers are coming around, albeit slowly. I found this today when I was looking at new CDJs and Mixers.

http://pcdj.com/products/dj-software/reflex/

It's made for both pc and mac.

chuckie

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
They are the standard for audio/video production, but as you have experienced that doesn't translate into everyday software.

But software developers are coming around, albeit slowly. I found this today when I was looking at new CDJs and Mixers.

http://pcdj.com/products/dj-software/reflex/

It's made for both pc and mac.
Reading the description, the one flaw i found was its only 3 tracks. 8 tracks would be nice to play with, hell even 4 would be good. But i'm definatly going to give it a try, thanks a bunch!

It doesn't do sequencing =( I need mixmaster for the mac!!! but i think im just going to have to deal with using it on windows. its not that big a deal.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Sorry I really didn't look too deep into it, just saw it and thought I pass it along. And you're right 3 tracks just ain't enough. Stick with MM you'll be better off. I hope it all works out for you. Keep us updated.