• Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for WhatChaMissin.Com, Freestyle.FM and other sites. You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

Up Lighting advice.

DJFREDDY

FreestyleMania.com
ClubFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I am looking into investing on some 11 LEDs to do small up-lighting for weddings since I am getting many calls for it. Nothing major, I just want to keep it small for right now. At the moment I subcontract a lighting compnay which has worked out for now.

I am looking at 10 of these lights

RGBLED 46

RGBLED46 – DMX PAR46 LED RGB Fixture is the most economical of our DMX LED PAR range ideal for use for production or club truss warming. Its features include: dimming, static color selection with dimming, luminous flux, sound activated, and strobe effect. To insure long life the LED’s of the fixture has an incorporated protective acrylic lens.

• LED’s Type: High Output 5MM
• LED’s Total: 225 Total R:75, G:75, B:75
• Control Signal: DMX512
• DMX Channels: 5 Total (switchable)
• Beam Angle: 30 degree
• Power supply: AC110V 60Hz
• Input Frequency: 47Hz-63Hz
• Power Consumption: 18W
• Anti-electricity intensity: 1.5KV
• Resistance >2Mohm
• Size: 23"D x 22"D x 22"W
• Weight: 3.3 lbs.

One of these:

DMX PAR56 RGB LED Fixture is our basic PAR56 LED model. It features include: DMX control, dimming, internal chase programs, and single or master/slave mode operation.

• LED’s: 196 Total R:85, G:51, B:60
• DMX Channels: 7
• Power Input: AC110V 60Hz
• Power Consumption: 21W
• Beam Angle: 21 degrees
• Size: 8"W x 8.5"H x 5.25"D
• Weight: 3lbs.

I also am getting a DMX controller with one transmitter and two receivers.
Also, I am getting the power cables for the lights and DMX cables for the units.

I will have to rent out this package 5 times to get my money back.

I am investing about $1,700 for the whole setup. any suggestions or what else will be needed?

BTW.....these lights have dip switches on the back they are not digital.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

breeZe

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I can grab 2 flashlights and wave them up and down for $20 an hour. Hows that sound?

TearEmUp

Mixologist!
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I've been asked about this too. The labor involved, to me, is not cost effective. Another issue, hiding all the power cords once you have the lights set up. LEDs are not as hot, so that is a plus but, what if someone kicks your new lights? Or trips on them? I would talk to a lawyer if I were you Freddy....

DJFREDDY

FreestyleMania.com
ClubFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I've been asked about this too. The labor involved, to me, is not cost effective. Another issue, hiding all the power cords once you have the lights set up. LEDs are not as hot, so that is a plus but, what if someone kicks your new lights? Or trips on them? I would talk to a lawyer if I were you Freddy....
Yeah......I hear you Terry.
The labor for setting these up I guess is about an hour plus by myself. I might be able to do better with my assistant. I guess the best option is to place as close to wall as possible to desired effect. Also for the power adapter, I will have to get a stringer cable. This should cut unnecessary long cable runs, I would have to tape them down with Gaphers tape as much as I can and tie wrap them down at the power end to avoid the guests from walking away with one. I have to really think about it or keep subcontracting the work out. Still deciding on what to do before I jump the gun. Thanks for your reply.