DaUnknownAdmin.Com
  • Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for DOFCH.Com, Freestyle.FM, and WhatChaMissin.Com. (There's also a tiny gaming clan forum.) You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen

Rhoq

Member of Freestyle Nation
Freestyle Nation
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
MaximumFreestyle.Com
200px-TF2SteelPoster.jpg

Official synoposis (from the official Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen website)

In “Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen,” two years have passed since Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf) and the Autobots saved the human race from the invading Decepticons. Now he's preparing for the biggest challenge of his life: leaving home for college. Despite his extreme heroics, the battle of Mission City has become an urban legend believed only by conspiracy theorists. Sam is still an average teenager with everyday anxieties and excitement about heading off into adulthood, separating from his parents (Kevin Dunn and Julie White) for the first time, and vowing to be faithful to girlfriend Mikaela (Megan Fox). Of course, he also has to explain his departure to his guardian robot, Bumblebee.

Leaving home is something the Autobots understand only too well. With the destruction of the Allspark, the Transformers home planet of Cybertron is uninhabitable, and the Autobots make the best of their lives on earth, working in league with the military as part of a TOP SECRET team called NEST. Operating alongside their human counterparts, field commanders Major Lennox (Josh Duhamel) and USAF Master Sergeant Epps (Tyrese Gibson), the NEST TEAM seeks to hunt down whatever remaining Decepticons are still hiding on earth. Unfortunately, even as the Autobots try to make a new life among humans, they discover they may not be welcome.

National Security Advisor Theodore Galloway (John Benjamin Hickey), driven to prove that all Transformers should be banished from earth, endeavors to terminate NEST, believing the Autobots’ very presence may endanger the human race. Optimus Prime, the leader of the Autobots, agrees to leave our planet if the governments of the world wish it... but he warns Galloway to consider what happens if the Autobots leave earth defenseless.

Meanwhile at school, Sam adjusts to his pushy, legend-in-his-own mind roommate, Leo (Ramon Rodriguez), and an equally aggressive temptation in the form of a new co-ed, Alice (Isabel Lucas). Sam does his best to navigate college life, until suddenly he’s besieged by visions flashing across his brain like thunderbolts. The Decepticons soon learn what Sam doesn’t know; that he alone holds the key to the outcome of the struggle between evil and the ultimate power of good.

A normal life will have to wait. With the help of the Autobots, the soldiers of NEST, and an old adversary-turned-ally (John Turturro, returning as former Sector 7 Agent Simmons), Sam and Mikaela must uncover the secret history of the Transformers presence on earth, and the sacrifices that have to be made to save it from an ancient threat sworn on returning here for revenge... an ancient Decepticon named THE FALLEN.

---

My review...

One word can accurately describe/define Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen. That word is "sequelitis". I saw the first film 4 times in the theater. It was far from being a great movie, but for a live-action Transformers film, it was damn near perfect.

Everything that worked so well in the first film is everything that is wrong with it's sequel. The "comedy" feels forced. The action feels like it's there because people expect it. The story is convoluted, but manages to remain coherent enough to get the idea. Also this movie features 3 of the most annoying characters ever.

Michael Bay dug into George Lucas' well and created his own "Jar Jar Binks" with "Skids" & "Mudflap" (a/k/a "the twins"). Where Jar Jar was accidentally "racist", these fuckers are just blatant caricatures of ugly stereotypes. The other is "Leo" - Sam's whiny college roommate.

While it's far from being the worst movie I have ever seen, it is a huge disappointment when compared to the first film. I may entertain the idea of seeing it a second time, hoping to like it better. Where I stand now though, 20 minutes of the 150 minute runtime are actually truly enjoyable. The rest is just all flash without much substance. I hope it makes tons of money so they can move forward with a third film that will hopefully right all of the wrongs made by "The Fallen".

Don't let the FFM ratings system fool you...

2.5 Stars out of 5

Last edited by a moderator:
RHOQ! Say It Ain't Sooooooooooooooooooooo!

This is one of the two movies that the whole family has been waiting to see together. The other was Star Trek. I hope you're more critical than I am and that we actually enjoy the film. I'll find out this weekend.

*crosses fingers*

RHOQ! Say It Ain't Sooooooooooooooooooooo!

This is one of the two movies that the whole family has been waiting to see together. The other was Star Trek. I hope you're more critical than I am and that we actually enjoy the film. I'll find out this weekend.

*crosses fingers*

Sorry dude. I went in with the lowest expectations possible after seeing so many piss-poor reviews over the last week. I liked it more than I was expecting to, which isn't saying much. :rotf:

What the frack happened to the final cut of this movie?

2:30 hours of bad jokes and explosions mixed with less than stellar character development and NO storyline.

The fights scenes are everywhere and anywhere with little improvement from the first. "Iron Man" got it right, why couldn't Michael Bay in his second try?

What could of been their version of "The Empire Strikes Back" turned into "Episode One: The Phantom Menace" with the twin Jar Jar Binks.

I'm sure many of you will disagree when you are dazzled with all of the explosions and stereotypical characters but the second part will only make you knod in distaste with how bad the final product came out.

This was the part that could of finished with the death of Optimus Prime instead they (SPOILER!!!) throw it in there like its just a typical scene.

The ConstructACons are useless and what's with the hot Cylon that is in human form, transforms into a robot (with matching steel tongue) and then gets her skin back miraculously after its shed.

There are so many other things wrong with this movie.
I just can't take the time to write them all; Atleast just not as this moment.

Star Trek is the best movie of the year so far.
And for those of you who were critical of Terminator Salvaltion all I can write is that I look forward to seeing it again.

Transformers 2...NOT SO MUCH!

PS: I just read Rhoq's review AFTER I posted mine!
I can't believe we agree on the Jar Jar Binks thing.
Definitely stereotypical and semi racist.

Rhoq and Spike Lee call it the same...

Rhoq said:
Michael Bay dug into George Lucas' well and created his own "Jar Jar Binks" with "Skids" & "Mudflap" (a/k/a "the twins"). Where Jar Jar was accidentally "racist", these fuckers are just blatant caricatures of ugly stereotypes. The other is "Leo" - Sam's whiny college roommate.

Spike Lee said:
"Mr Lee exclaimed his lament of the new Transformers movie on his blog earlier tonight. "It's sad to see Michael Bay to continue the stereotypes of dumb African Americans with his Mudflaps and Skids Autobots" wrote Mr. Lee. "It's quite evident that the new Transformers film is the 21st century equivalent of 'Birth of a Nation,' a 20th cenmtury film many believe to be racist."

Maybe we'll go watch The Hangover instead.

Star Trek is the best movie of the year so far.
And for those of you who were critical of Terminator Salvaltion all I can write is that I look forward to seeing it again.

Transformers 2...NOT SO MUCH!

I agree. I was never much of a Star Trek fan so this reboot was a perfect new beginning for me. T4 was OK. It wasn't great, but it wasn't awful. They just relied too much on the CGI to carry the story. At least the "Marcus Wright" chracater made the film interesting.

PS: I just read Rhoq's review AFTER I posted mine!
I can't believe we agree on the Jar Jar Binks thing.
Definitely stereotypical and semi racist.

We've been agreeing on things way too much lately! LOL

I think the world is coming to and end when Rhoq and I agree on the same points of this movie.

Unfortunately the audience had many positive things to say as they exited the movie theater. I heard alot of "this movie was great!" statements and "that movie was hilarious".

My brother and I couldn't of disagreed more.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

I don't think this was as good as the first one. It did look pretty cool on IMAX though!

The twin cars, and the college virgin of a whinny biatch really killed it for me.

It's not as good as the first one. And yes, Optimus Prime, dying and they bring him back like it's nothing really. They could have done that so much better.

Can't wait for Transformers 3 in July. Hopefully it's a lot better than a whiny ass college brat and 2 robots who aren't worth 2 shits.....

I saw this movie on DVD a few weeks ago for the first time and I seriously didn't like it at all. In fact, I didn't like the first Transformers movie either largely because it had too many ancillary characters that were largely irrelevant.

I decided to watch this to see if the poor reviews were justified and I was definitely glad I didn't waste my time and money seeing it in the theatre.

After watching this borefest, one question popped in my mind. If only a Prime can defeat a Prime and Optimus is a Prime as stated by Jetfire, then how come Optimus was killed by a non-Prime? That just didn't make any sense especially since in the movie, The Fallen declared himself the last of the Primes after Optimus' demise.

I won't be watching movie number 3 when it comes out on DVD, let alone in theatres.

Back