DaUnknownAdmin.Com
  • Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for DOFCH.Com, Freestyle.FM, and WhatChaMissin.Com. (There's also a tiny gaming clan forum.) You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

Top Ten Freestyle Songs of 2009 (JACKED!!!)

Ok here is my third attempt atr typing up a response. I'm just going to cut it short.

Lady Gaga "No way" freestyle...I broke down musically how it was freestyle.If anyone wants to break itdown for me musically how it is not freestyle,then I'll continue.If not,then everything is just a matter of opinion.

I'm willing to revisit this topic in a year when we have more freestyle laced tracks break the mainstream by most likely mainstream artists.While the I-stations keep playing the amateur kareoke.
Its all just a matter of opinion. I'm not trying to convince you or anyone else that these songs are not freestyle, I'm just stating my opinion and how I feel.

I kinda feel like CPR when it comes to freestyle becoming mainstream again, I really don't want it to happen. Sure it would be great to have some good talent putting out some quality freestyle but then it would get played out in 2 days. I hate the radio because they do that, and honestly to me the music they have now it nowhere near as good as the stuff we listened to growing up, especially the rap but thats a whole other subject lol.

There are plenty of Freestyle based releases by main stream Artists
Here is an example;

Danity Kane "Damaged" - DJ Richie Rich X-Mix Remix released Jan of 2008.

And alot of people who are on your side of the fence Chuck always have the same answer. One that includes not ever hearing the song we are discussing and not feeling the need to.

The opposite is also true.

Why is that the people on your side of the fence always have the same answer when asked to name all these main stream Freestyle songs/tracks. They always stop at one as if they just dealt some sort of deathblow and nothing else needs to be said afterwards. As if it's the person's fault for not having heard that one select track. Again, if they (the people on the side of Chuck's fence) would be provided with a list of 5 -10 mainstream songs that are Freestyle then perhaps then they can have something more tangable to work with in regards to understand your position.

Until then it basically boils down to I'm right because I said so on both sides of the fence. At least that's how I see it.

Last edited:
Ok here is my third attempt atr typing up a response. I'm just going to cut it short.

Lady Gaga "No way" freestyle...I broke down musically how it was freestyle.If anyone wants to break itdown for me musically how it is not freestyle,then I'll continue.If not,then everything is just a matter of opinion.

Your breakdown also describes Electro, a genre you yourself admitted Freestyle came from. From my perspective you're the only one trying to pass of his opinion as fact. If you want to believe that the Electro Beat in No Way, makes it Freestyle that's your right. But it doesn't make you absolutely right. Especially when everyone involved with the production of the track haven't labelled it as such. But of course you know better than they do.

I'm willing to revisit this topic in a year when we have more freestyle laced tracks break the mainstream by most likely mainstream artists.
Well when you do revisit in a year be sure to bring that list of 2009 mainstream Freestyle songs that I can pick up at my local music shop.

While the I-stations keep playing the amateur kareoke.
Still trying to get at me with your snide remarks? I must have really struck a nerve. Ayi Bendito! iRadio stations have nothing to do with our discussion, but if it makes you feel better knock yourself out.

The opposite is also true.

Why is that the people on your side of the fence always have the same answer when asked to name all these main stream Freestyle songs/tracks. They always stop at one as if they just dealt some sort of deathblow and nothing else needs to be said afterwards. As if it's the person's fault for not having heard that one select track. Again, if they (the people on the side of Chuck's fence) would be provided with a list of 5 -10 mainstream songs that are Freestyle then perhaps then they can have something more tangable to work with in regards to understand your position.

Until then it basically boils down to I'm right because I said so on both sides of the fence. At least that's how I see it.

Here is a list of some songs that are Freestyle, some you can purchase on itunes. Enjoy.

Lady Gaga - No Way (Hidden track on the Fame Monster)
Lady Gaga - Paparazzi (Demolition Crew Remix)
Britney Spears featuring Lady Gaga - Quicksand (Circus Album Special Edition)
Wild Orchid featuring Fergie - Talk To Me (Rock N Rogers Remix)
Mariah Carey - Weakness of the Body
Danity Kane - Damaged (Remix)
Jordin Sparks - SOS (Let The Music Play) Matt Pendergast Remix
Marc Anthony - I've Got You
India - Seduce Me
Thalia featuring Marc Anthony - The Mexican

Last edited by a moderator:
You people are actin' as if freestyle just recently began being incorporated into more mainstream productions. Freestyle was being used in plenty of rnb as well as hip hop productions ever since 2004 that I noticed.

Here are some more Freestyle releases by mainstream Artists:

Selena - Don't Throw Our Love Away
Selena - Always Mine
Sammy - I Like It
Mikayla - In Love With Two
Goldie Locks - Kiss
Michael Fredo - This Time Around
Brian Mc Knight - Anytime (Cibola Mix)
Brian Mc Knight - Back At One (Cibola Mix)

Just wanted to add some more songs for you to hear;

Corina - Summertime, Summertime (SO SO DEF REMIX)
Quad City DJs - My Boo (SO SO DEF REMIX)
Shakira - Did It Again (DJ Laz Remix)
Britney Spears - Oops I Did It Again (Remix)

CPR I appreciate the songs to check out and the ones which you actually label the name of the remix but ones just labeled remix does no good because there are usually multiple remixes available from various djs on the net for the pop songs. I will see what I can find to check out.

All the ones listed are actual releases you can find (for the most part) on itunes.
Some are also available for purchase on cd and 12".

I will correct the "remix" ones when I get a chance.

Just wanted to add some more songs for you to hear;

Corina - Summertime, Summertime (SO SO DEF REMIX)
Quad City DJs - My Boo (SO SO DEF REMIX)
Shakira - Did It Again (DJ Laz Remix)
Britney Spears - Oops I Did It Again (Remix)

The Corina & the Quad City DJs tracks came out around 13 years ago unless these are new remix versions, but as I remember it the name of the album was "SO SO DEF BASS ALL STARS". Really, if one stops to think about it, freestyle elements (the planet rock beat) was being used in rnb long before 2004. Or maybe that's how stuck in time freestyle actually is, that the planet rock beat came back around in 1997, went out again, and came back around again again.

The Corina & the Quad City DJs tracks came out around 13 years ago unless these are new remix versions, but as I remember it the name of the album was "SO SO DEF BASS ALL STARS". Really, if one stops to think about it, freestyle elements (the planet rock beat) was being used in rnb long before 2004. Or maybe that's how stuck in time freestyle actually is, that the planet rock beat came back around in 1997, went out again, and came back around again again.

I was asked to write down examples of Freestyle based main stream songs.

I've given examples from the 80's 90's and 00's.

I don't consider the Planet rock beat a freestyle element.

Your breakdown also describes Electro, a genre you yourself admitted Freestyle came from. From my perspective you're the only one trying to pass of his opinion as fact. If you want to believe that the Electro Beat in No Way, makes it Freestyle that's your right. But it doesn't make you absolutely right. Especially when everyone involved with the production of the track haven't labelled it as such. But of course you know better than they do.

Well when you do revisit in a year be sure to bring that list of 2009 mainstream Freestyle songs that I can pick up at my local music shop.

Still trying to get at me with your snide remarks? I must have really struck a nerve. Ayi Bendito! iRadio stations have nothing to do with our discussion, but if it makes you feel better knock yourself out.

You say to-may-to,I say to-mah-to.I shouldn't box the song in myself. I just think the song would not be out of place on a freestyle targeted station. It certainly would not be any worse than what one hears already. And please do understand this is nothing personal against you or your station. I did state that my critique was not pointing out any particular station. You and other I-freestyle stations provide an outlet for artists that would normally not able to be played on a more commercial station. Could all I-freestyle stations be a lil more selective as to what is allowed to be played? I would say yes. That's just my two cents. Thanks for not banning me for expressing myself. :cool:

I don't consider the Planet rock beat a freestyle element.

And ironcally,the big majority of freestyle songs have this element. Prior to LiL Suzy's "Take me in your arms" the opposite was true.After that song made LiL Suzy billboard's dance artist of the year and the record became billboard's dance song of the year,the onslaught of copy cat records almost decimated freestyle. Now when you go outside the US to like Canada,Brazil and Germany that's all you hear from their releases.

You say to-may-to,I say to-mah-to.I shouldn't box the song in myself. I just think the song would not be out of place on a freestyle targeted station. It certainly would not be any worse than what one hears already. And please do understand this is nothing personal against you or your station. I did state that my critique was not pointing out any particular station. You and other I-freestyle stations provide an outlet for artists that would normally not able to be played on a more commercial station. Could all I-freestyle stations be a lil more selective as to what is allowed to be played? I would say yes. That's just my two cents. Thanks for not banning me for expressing myself. :cool:

LOL, of course you're not banned. That would be counter-productive to having a meaningful discussion. We are all passionate about Freestyle or else we wouldn't be here and we're not always going to agree, but that's not necessarily a bad thing now is it. At least we're talking about Freestyle.

I understand and appreciate your concerns about the station. In the past CPR, Ted and I have had long debates about what makes it and what doesn't make it on the station. In the end we agreed it's not about our personal preferences, it was more important for us to give our listeners the most comprehensive selection we could offer.

Most of our songs are ripped straight from vinyl/CDs and we include every track of the albums. Granted not every track off every album is a winner, but we don't feel its our place to decide what's good and what's not.

That's why we have a request feature and we encourage all our listeners to use it. We also have a Member Playlist feature on the request main page, where we list our members suggested lists. I invite you to participate by just naming a few Freestyle tracks that you think are worth listening to.

We're not perfect, but we do try to give our listeners the widest selection to listen to and request from. Freestyle.FM, where we give you the Good, the Bad and the Ugly of Freestyle releases.

I was asked to write down examples of Freestyle based main stream songs.

I've given examples from the 80's 90's and 00's.

This is actually good, because it insteand of just provide the typical copy and paste response of Black Eye Peas - Boom Boom Pow, you're giving us multiple samples to hear and you're also showing the potiental for a trend.

I'll be checking out your suggestions as soon as I can.

Thanks for the list.

I love the feedback on here!

The thread is definitely jacked, but entering the thread, I feel as if i've entered a "review of Freestyle" thread

Let's keep in mind that I'm the one who started this thread. I guess I know how to get people talking.

Let's keep in mind that I'm the one who started this thread. I guess I know how to get people talking.

Well if that isn't incentive enough to lock this thread, then I don't know what is. :p

Back