• Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for WhatChaMissin.Com, Freestyle.FM and other sites. You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

Top Ten Freestyle Songs of 2009 (JACKED!!!)

KidHeartbreak

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
There obviously wasn't anywhere close to as much new freestyle as there was last year, but there was still enough to make a top ten freestyle songs of 2009.

1. Jonelle.....Cry Baby Cry
2. Pure Pleasure.....Memories
3. Jonelle.....You Got That
4. Rene.....Trying Not to Cry (Remix)
5. Joe Zangie.....Mystery
6. Christine Turner.....For You
7. Rockell & Joe Zangie.....When I Want You Back
8. Ayna.....Prisoner
9. Jessica Fabus.....On My Own
10. Stephanie Bennett.....I Miss You

Last edited by a moderator:

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Thanks for your Top Ten List.

I think I would have some other songs in my top ten, hopefully I can find some time to post up mine as well.

If anyone has their own list, please feel free to share and compare in this thread. I know this year wasn't the greatest, but I'm sure there has to be some memorial tracks released this year.

Tell us about them!

Quixotic

DOFCH.COM
DOFCH.COM
Thanks for the list.

I haven't had much of a chance to check out what was new for 2009 so my song count for last year is 0.

At least now I know what to check out.

Thanks dude!

KidHeartbreak

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
That's one of the clear benefits of people posting up top tens of current material. Almost always I notice a song on another's top ten list that I never even heard and then proceed to go looking for it & check it out. There was a freestyle song by Nina Sky ("On Some BS") that I had never heard until I saw it on someone else's countdown and had I heard it in time it would have definitely been somewhere on my top 10 list.

CPR_Jose_Ortiz

DOFCH.COM
DOFCH.COM
Here's my personal Top 10 for 2009

10. K7 - U Know That I
09. Julio Mena - I'm Cryin' (Old School Mix)
08. Sito from Pain - The Color of Pain (Remix)
07. Britney Spears f. Lady Gaga - Quicksand
06. Jay Sean f. Lil' Wayne - Down
05. Stevie B. - A Different Kind of Love
04. Sa-Fire - Exotique (Original Radio Mix)
03. Lady Gaga - Paparazzi - Demolition Crew Remix
02. Jordin Sparks - S.O.S (Let the Music Play) - Matt Perdergast Remix
01. Lady Gaga - No Way

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
My Top Ten As Best As I Can Remember

1. Memories - Pure Pleasure
  2. KC & Sito - Sin Tu Amor ( Remix)
  3. KC - All Night Long (MidNight Remix)
  4. Safire - Exotic
  5. Ayna - Prisoner
  6. Nyasia - Betrayed
  7. Arlene - Band Of Gold
  8. Erik Christian - I See I Have To Move On
  9. Jessica Fabus - On My Own
  10. Renee - Trying Not To Cry

Chuck

Who?
Staff member
Administrator
DOFCH.COM
FreestyleMania.com
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
NYFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Here's my personal Top 10 for 2009

10. K7 - U Know That I
09. Julio Mena - I'm Cryin' (Old School Mix)
08. Sito from Pain - The Color of Pain (Remix)
07. Britney Spears f. Lady Gaga - Quicksand
06. Jay Sean f. Lil' Wayne - Down
05. Stevie B. - A Different Kind of Love
04. Sa-Fire - Exotique (Original Radio Mix)
03. Lady Gaga - Paparazzi - Demolition Crew Remix
02. Jordin Sparks - S.O.S (Let the Music Play) - Matt Perdergast Remix
01. Lady Gaga - No Way
How are Lady Gaga and Britney Spears in any way freestyle?

For those who might not have heard "No way" by Lady Gaga. Here it is. After hearing it there is no denying that it is 100% freestyle.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLNyubg3bek"]YouTube- Lady Gaga - No Way (with lyrics) HQ[/ame]

That's one of the clear benefits of people posting up top tens of current material. Almost always I notice a song on another's top ten list that I never even heard and then proceed to go looking for it & check it out. There was a freestyle song by Nina Sky ("On Some BS") that I had never heard until I saw it on someone else's countdown and had I heard it in time it would have definitely been somewhere on my top 10 list.
Yep,it's a great track. i could say the same for the Jonelle's tracks on your list. I heard them from the show she did at Staten Island and just didn't get a good feel for them.Forgot about it because...there's no promotion on any freestyle sites.In fact,you're the only one I know that is constantly talking about Jonelle.Here's Nina Sky...I call it ghetto freestlye.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xklz_bAuoAA"]YouTube- Nina Sky - On Some Bullshit[/ame]

Here's my # 1 for the year. It's the 2rude freestyle remix of Down.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeP5JxOBrzQ"]YouTube- Jay Sean Ft Lil Wayne - Down (2Rude Old School Remix)[/ame]

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Last edited:
This track is 50% Electro 50% Hip Hop and 0% Freestyle.

Honestly, who's next on the Freestyle Bandwagon hit list? Susan Boyle?
Hip Hop? LOL.

Freestyle 101. Freestyle came from electro music. So the electro beat would not disqualify it from being freestyle. Let's break the song down

The beat sequence of a freestyle song is heavy on the 2 and 4 beat. Check this song has it.

Syncopation with the bass line? Check this song has it

Chord progression? Check this song has it

Synthesized horns? This song has it

BPM between 110 and 130. Check this song has it.

Now,I like to see you break the song down like I did and show me how its Hip Hop....

You don't have to like the song BUT you can't deny the obvious. It's like Tiger Woods saying he's not black.

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Hip Hop? LOL.

Freestyle 101. Freestyle came from electro music. So the electro beat would not disqualify it from being freestyle. Let's break the song down

The beat sequence of a freestyle song is heavy on the 2 and 4 beat. Check this song has it.

Syncopation with the bass line? Check this song has it

Chord progression? Check this song has it

Synthesized horns? This song has it

BPM between 110 and 130. Check this song has it.

Now,I like to see you break the song down like I did and show me how its Hip Hop....

You don't have to like the song BUT you can't deny the obvious. It's like Tiger Woods saying he's not black.
The Hip Hop (actually was supposed to be Hip/Pop) comes from the producer who's heavy into Hip/Hop & R&B POP, although his his discography suggestion he's more well rounded than that. However nothing indicates he's a Freestyle producer.

Yes, Freestyle did come from Electro Music and that's precisely my point. It's an Electro beat not a Freestyle beat and therefore not a Freestyle song. Just because Freestyle raped it doesn't mean it owns it.

Also Tiger is half Asian (one-quarter Chinese and one-quarter Thai), one-quarter African American, one-eighth Native American, and one-eighth Dutch. Just as with Freestyle, your focus is only skin deep. He is obviously more than Black but that's all you see.

You hear Freestyle because that's all you want to hear, I Electro/Hip POP because that's what it is. Much in the same way you see Tiger as a black man because that's all you want to see, I see as a multi-racial man because that's what he is.

You don't have to agree with me and I more importantly don't need you to. I see things are they are, not for what I want or need them to be.

I'll close out by saying you might want to ask yourself why this track never made it on to her album. There's a reason for that and it wasn't because it was ahead of its time or because there's a secret plot to hate on anything Freestyle by the industry.

The truth is out there you just have to be willing to accept it.

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I forgot to mention the song that I broke down musically was "No way".
I'm pleased you changed your reply, there's no need to attack other members when are all just expressing ourselves. Just because we don't all agree doesn't make us all instant enemies. ;)

The producer who you speak of is Fernando Gatibay. And yes,he is not a freestyle producer.But many of the top freestyle tracks were done by producers that most people won't box into the freestyle category. Such as Todd Terry or LiL Louie Vega who are known as House Gods but produced some of the more critically acclaimed freestyle songs even till this day.

As far as freestyle raping the electro beat. I agree with you on that. Now,if you're going to disqualify it on that basis then you'll have to remove about 40% percent of the songs on freestyle.fm because they follow the same formula. It's an electro beat but it has the freestyle beat sequence(heavy on the 2 and 4 beat) it has the bass syncopation etc...

I used Tiger woods as an example because it sorta sums up this discussion well. Tiger has described himself as Caucablasian due to all the mixture in him. Some people will look at him walking down the street and just see black. I'm not saying that I agree with that. All I'm saying is that it is all subjective to on your view of things.

Lastly,these type of disagreements are not new to freestyle. People have the same debates still to this day about Taylor Dayne,Info Society,Tiina B and so on.

Oh and as far as why the track never making it on the album? You said it might be a secret plot to hate on anything freestyle...then are you accepting that it is freestyle?

I'm just asking and seriously if this was Cynthia singing this song, we would not be having this discussion about the track.

I'm pleased you changed your reply, there's no need to attack other members when are all just expressing ourselves. Just because we don't all agree doesn't make us all instant enemies. ;)

It wasn't an attack. Freestyle fans tend to be outdated with their selections but that has nothing to do with the price of tea in China.

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Lastly,these type of disagreements are not new to freestyle. People have the same debates still to this day about Taylor Dayne,Info Society,Tiina B and so on.
Of course not, we have them every year on different sites as far as I can remember, from Clubfreestyle to Latinfreestyle, from latinfreestyle to WCM, from WCM to NYF and from NYF now to here.

Oh and as far as why the track never making it on the album? You said it might be a secret plot to hate on anything freestyle...then are you accepting that it is freestyle?
LOL, no I'm not. I said that out of respect for you. You're classifying it as Freestyle, so I'm addressing as Freestyle. I don't believe in using terms like crap and other colorfully metaphors just because I don't care for it. You like it and that's enough for me to respect it.

That said, it's also because that's been one of the urban legends of Freestyle which has been going on for years. That producers hate on Freestyle just because they get turned down. When in fact producers turn down other genres in greater quanities on a more frequent basis. It's not a hate on all things Freestyle, its more of a "Hey! I'm looking to get paid thing" and sadly Freestyle does not generate the kind of revenue they are looking for.

Oh and by the way, the reason the track didn't make on the album is because (and I'm paraphrasing here) they felt the track was dated and they thought it would adversly affect her career.

I'm just asking and seriously if this was Cynthia singing this song we would not be having this discussion about the track.
That would depend on how it was being marketed don't you think? But to answer your question, probably not because the minute I would have heard the planet rock beat I would have lost interest. What more can be said about another Freestyle release with the planet rock beat that hasn't been said hundreds of times already?
Lady GaGa on the other hand, now there's something worth discussing. Because just maybe there's something to this. What if more and more of these types of songs actually make it mainstream? Wouldn't that pave the way for Freestyle to get back into the game with the right type of production?

There's nothing wrong with dreaming is there?

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
It wasn't an attack. Freestyle fans tend to be outdated with their selections but that has nothing to do with the price of tea in China.
OK, lets just say it was a snide remark on someone's list before they even posted it up and leave it at that. :cool: