• Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for WhatChaMissin.Com, Freestyle.FM and other sites. You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

To DJs..

CUBE2

The Fan base around the world is different, I will tell you one thing KH, I have been to many Clubs in Chicago, for example, Crobar, Club 720 and Club Visions just to name a few, they all have live Dj's, and when they do have Special Nights they do announce the Dj's name...I was at one of the Clubs mentioned above, and I will tell you that they don't tolerate poor dj's, or Dj's who make many mistakes, cause I remember the dj had really messed up when I was at one particular club, the audience was not pleased, to make it short that dj does not work there any more...The owners don't tolerate it, because they need quality Dj's who can bring the audience at a point that it is packed...So I don't know what club you go to in Chicago, or which one you have been too, but if you go to the one's mentioned above and others also like the ontourage, and Vip, which are not that great but that are good, even they rely on good quality Dj's...Don't take this the wrong Way KH, if you don't know, or even have doubts about something, it is better to keep quiet...Shoot even Studio 63 has good dj's who are also relyed on...So yes, Dj's are and play an important role when it comes to clubs...

Last edited by a moderator:

CUBE2

And for the rest of you guys, " The Dj's ", there is nothing more pleasurable, more satisfying then dj'ing live, the taste of the record in your hand, the joy that the music brings to your ears, the emotions you feel when you are going to put on the next record, or song, thAT rush you feel that makes you want to give more, the disire that makes you want to continue to please the crowd, and continue to find ways to improve, it is never-ending, and overall, " THE PASSION " that motivates you, that is in the deepest part of your heart, that makes want to do your all, then you know at the end that it did in fact mean alot, why, cause it was real, you share it with the audience and of cource, because you felt it...So, Guys keep doing what you are doing, it is appreciated...

KidHeartbreak

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
The Fan base around the world is different, I will tell you one thing KH, I have been to many Clubs in Chicago, for example, Crobar, Club 720 and Club Visions just to name a few, they all have live Dj's, and when they do have Special Nights they do announce the Dj's name...I was at one of the Clubs mentioned above, and I will tell you that they don't tolerate poor dj's, or Dj's who make many mistakes, cause I remember the dj had really messed up when I was at one particular club, the audience was not pleased, to make it short that dj does not work there any more...The owners don't tolerate it, because they need quality Dj's who can bring the audience at a point that it is packed...So I don't know what club you go to in Chicago, or which one you have been too, but if you go to the one's mentioned above and others also like the ontourage, and Vip, which are not that great but that are good, even they rely on good quality Dj's...Don't take this the wrong Way KH, if you don't know, or even have doubts about something, it is better to keep quiet...Shoot even Studio 63 has good dj's who are also relyed on...So yes, Dj's are and play an important role when it comes to clubs...
I've been to most of the clubs you mentioned. You're right when you say that mistakes won't be tolerated at most of them, but it's more like they'll notice the mistakes while being less likely to take note if the dj starts yellowpaging up there. The point being that the dj must keep the music flowing smooth. There's a lot of djs capable of that and a lot of club promoters know that. Most clubs out here nowadays feature a lineup of djs one has never even heard of before as that's the most cost effective move for the promoter. All the promoter cares is that it's someone up there that can keep the music flowing with whatever genre he's looking to have played at his venue. It's not like back in the day was my whole point. I know a lot of djs & many of them complain about how saturated & watered down the whole game is. The mixtape/CD scene has basically fell off of a cliff in the last few years while the live mixing scene is so oversatured & competitive that it's very difficult to expect the props & respect that djs were accustomed to back in the 80s & 90s. Go to any one of the clubs you mentioned & take a survey at random in the crowd "Who's mixing right now?", most of the clubgoers wouldn't even be able to present you with an answer. That was the point I was trying to make. Out of all the clubs you mentioned, Studio 63 is the only one that I've noticed that would have a dj do even a half hour straight of just freestyle. That's a very different type of a club that caters to a much older crowd for the most part. While some of the other clubs you mentioned may have some freestyle get played throughout the night, it would be more a part of a very diversified set (not a half hour or an hour straight of just freestyle). Unless it's a freestyle concert, any dj that would do that is risking not getting to play at that venue anymore. Much of my original commentary was based on my own experience (as that's what I thought this thread was about-djs telling of their own personal experiences)
and while I am a fan of house music, I don't really care to play with it like that (it's just not my thing). I've been type cast as "freestyle" & the only time I get approached with live gigs is if the promoter is specifically looking for someone to do a half hour or hour straight of just freestyle. That's like once or twice a year, if even. I can remember a freestyle concert over 5 years ago at Excalibur where they specifically went looking for the top freestyle djs at the time. I opened up for that one. DJ Miracle & Tim Spinin' Shommer followed up after me with 100% freestyle sets also. Tim Schommer is on a whole other level with his live freestyle sets. He does things up there that would make you think you were listening to a CD or a radio mix. He really is the best I've ever heard. Nights like that are a rarity in Chicago to hear a few hours straight of only freestyle & then a freestyle concert afterwards at such a highly publicized venue. A lot of you people are coming from places that I know for a fact play far more freestyle at clubs than Chicago does & are far more known as regions where peeps like to party as opposed to Chicago. That might explain why my original post was misenterpreted as offensive. I feel horrible about that as that was not my intent. I guess I just started venting as if I was having a conversation with a group of Chicago djs. The scene out here is very frustrating weather you're a rapper, club dj, or a mixtape/CD dj. The money is less than whatever it was before and the satus/recognition thing is almost nonexistent.