• Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for WhatChaMissin.Com, Freestyle.FM and other sites. You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

The History of [New England] Freestyle

CPR_Jose_Ortiz

DOFCH.COM
DOFCH.COM
Club House Dance Music will be presenting special programming to introduce, recap and share the history of Freestyle in New England.

We will be introducing special edition Top 10 Countdowns and discussing the impact, influence and musical "hits" Freestyle Artists from this area have contributed to our music.

Last night was the first of our many future segments entitled:
The Top 10 (Male) Freestyle Artists from New England.

10. Nathan - Since his debut on CPR's Clubhouse "Freestyle Madness", Nathan has grown as an Artist, vocally, musically and creatively.

From his 1st compilation, Enter Da Flipzide on Flipzide Records to his current production and collaboration on Artistik's Freestyle Parade 2010, Nathan has shown that he is the future of this music.

09. Angel Mena - If you've ever had the pleasure of listening to Angel Mena sing you would definitely be left in awe. His style is unique where he specializes in slow tempo Freestyle songs that capture your every emotion. As part of the group Vocal Image, he has not only worked side by side with Fred-Nice for almost 20 years but has provided the vocals to keep the group alive.

08. Romeo - He wasn't a great vocalist but his impact was one that suprised many in New England. With the help of Ct. DJ, Larry Vee, Romeo's "One More Day" which was featured on Strong Island Records became a mix tape anthem.

This opened the door for Romeo to perform nationally when Artists that were vocally better couldn't get booked in those areas.

07. Fred-Nice - Fred was the first Artist from Ct. to get signed to Metropolitan Records and Adam Marano's label, Viper 7 Records.

As the lead singer of Vocal Image, his first single "Do You Believe In Me" became a New England classic.

06. Walter Camacho was the 3rd incarnation of Reinald-o on his cousin Tony Garcia's record label High Power Records. This allowed him to put together his own independent record label, Nightmare Records after leaving High Power for his home in New England.

Nightmare Records introduced the world to new Artists like Ashley and XCel (Nightmare Records)/Xery (Viper 7/Metropolian)/Kuriosity (Tazmania)/Innervoince (Wise Guy Records) with the help of Forte Ruscito who was an investor.
Walter also produced and released Mattew "Give Me All Your Love" which was only released on cassette.

Walter returned to the spotlight with two Freestyle Albums in Spanish with the help of Edwin Ramos and Hot Productions.

Though both albums where not to standards, one song stood out, a remake of Felix D'Oleo's "Me Falta Todo."

This song was the first and only solo Freestyle "hit" from Reynald-o with a Y.

5. Manny Stylez - for 15 years Manny has been providing great writting, solid performances and has earn his audience one fan at a time. He has progressed and graduated from mediocre Artist to a top notch vocalist and performer. In 2010 he has contributed to songs by Pure Trend, Phillip Anthony and a future release by Freeze.
Manny has stepped up to fill the void in New England that includes song writting and over all production.

4. Freeze - There isn't another Artist from this area who promotes himself more than Angelo Garcia, Freeze. From avid Freestyle fan, to avid Freestyle Artist. This combined with his passion for the music drives him to be a force in this an any area he choses to promote himself at.

3. Billy Ray
2. Kane of the Latin Express
1. Poze

Download the entire countdown http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A7VN23FG

Last edited by a moderator:

CPR_Jose_Ortiz

DOFCH.COM
DOFCH.COM
The list was compiled by me and with the assistance from my panel.
The panel included fans, Artists and DJs.

I also had my friends of facebook nominate who they think should be on this countdown.

The Artists on this list had to meet certain criteria.

1. Influence
2. Contributions
3. Impact
4. Freestyle "Hits"
5. Vocal talent

CPR_Jose_Ortiz

DOFCH.COM
DOFCH.COM
The countdown concludes this Friday on Club House Dance Music with CPR Jose Ortiz at 10pm on www.wtccfm.org and 90.7fm in Western MA and CT.

KidHeartbreak

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I had heard that Billy Ray "No More Tears" is from New England. If so, dude should be on this list before it's done.

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Thanks, I was trying to figure out how Romeo beat out Angel Mena and Nathan.

KidHeartbreak

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
"One More Day" is a mixtape classic. When it's sped up the way we do out here in Chicago, dude's singing skills get somewhat concealed. I think that song is a good example of the importance of mixtapes and what they can do for a record. That was out on vinyl during the mixtape boom here in Chicago back in the mid to late 90s and the fact that it came out in '95 made it so that it was there for the best of it. That record had an acapella on it and Chicago djs straight turned it out. Almost every house-n-freestyle mixtape had that on it (acapellas are required). That particular artist found a way to make somewhat of an impression on a major market outside of his own area (a market where newer freestyle is frowned upon usually).

CPR_Jose_Ortiz

DOFCH.COM
DOFCH.COM
The Artists on this list had to meet certain criteria.

1. Influence
2. Contributions
3. Impact
4. Freestyle "Hits"
5. Vocal talent

Romeo met every criteria except 5.
He had a regional hit and got paid to perform at shows for almost 2 years.
He had a solid fan base in 95 and whether I liked it or not, he and Larry Vee created a media storm with one song on Strong Island Records.

Lets not forget that he also had a 12" with great distribution by HOT Productions.

And when EVERY mix tape had your song on it; that really meant something at that time.

KidHeartbreak

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Dude was kinda in a group with Juan "Too Big" Perez for a little while back in '97/'98, they opened up together at a few freestyle shows out here. That was when Romeo had "Can't Live Without Her" and Juan Too Big had "Just Come Back". They debuted both those songs on Sad Girl Volume 3.

CPR_Jose_Ortiz

DOFCH.COM
DOFCH.COM
Romeo was so "over" that Larry Vee thought it would be a good idea to get a female he could call....Juliet!

Get it ?!

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Cool, that's for the info... Now back to the countdown!

CPR_Jose_Ortiz

DOFCH.COM
DOFCH.COM
You can now download the entire broadcast of the Top 10 Male Freestyle Artists from New England by using this link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A7VN23FG

There is also a Mega Mix created by DJ Porkie that was also put together for the download.

Enjoy and post your comments here.

Forte

Freestyler Xtreme
I could not have said it better myself. Yes I was the Money man behind the label and both those artist. Thanks for the recognition.