• Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for WhatChaMissin.Com, Freestyle.FM and other sites. You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

The High Def Thread - Blu Ray and HD DVD

CPR_Jose_Ortiz

DOFCH.COM
DOFCH.COM
I bought Star Trek and still looking for the best price on both Amy and Clerks.
Maybe Santa Claus will bring them to me! LOL!

Rhoq

Member of Freestyle Nation
Freestyle Nation
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
MaximumFreestyle.Com
I bought Star Trek and still looking for the best price on both Amy and Clerks.
Maybe Santa Claus will bring them to me! LOL!
I got them from Amazon (along with Star Trek and Leon: The Professional). I think I paid $24.99 for Chasing Amy and $20.49 for Clerks. Certainly a bit much for catalog titles (especially when Leon was only $13.99 and a new release like Star Trek was $19.99), but still better than Best Buy.

At least the prices are coming down for the big upcoming releases. They are all currently pre-selling for under $20 at Amazon (Terminator: Salvation, The Hangover, District 9, etc.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Rhoq

Member of Freestyle Nation
Freestyle Nation
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
MaximumFreestyle.Com
I watched the Chasing Amy Blu-ray last night. The transfer is worthy of all of the criticism it has received. "Underwhelming" best describes the picture quality. While I don't expect much from Smith's earlier films, the "grain" which is present from beginning to end looks more like digital noise than film. It's suspected by many that this is the case. I am not against film grain, when it is supposed to be there. But this looks suspiciously like DNR. Even still, it looks the best it ever has, but don't expect to "wowed". It looks a little better than when a premium HD movie channel runs an upconvert in 1.78:1

The DTS-HD MA audio is very solid.

Last edited by a moderator:

CPR_Jose_Ortiz

DOFCH.COM
DOFCH.COM
Its a great time to become a Blu-Ray supporter.
Lots of great deals on players and movies.

One has to be careful though with some of the players being offered for less than $100.00.

These are players that are 1.1 profile which means that they don't do BD Live.

Then there are 2.0 profile players that don't do NETWORK streaming.

Please research the players by seeing what the reviewers (professional and customer) have to say.

I highly recommend the Playstation 3 and the LG BD 390 ($300).

But if you are looking for a great player on a budget.
I highly recommend the Panasonic DMP BD60 ($125)

If you only care about JUST movie playback.
Check out the introductory LG 270 (1.1) $100.00 at Bernies.com

Chuck

Who?
Staff member
Administrator
DOFCH.COM
FreestyleMania.com
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
NYFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I just bought a few on black friday on Amazon. Got Mosters vs Aliens for $9, 4 disc combo pack of "Up" for $20 (which is what they are still selling it for), and Ice Age- Dawn of the dinosaur for $10.

CPR_Jose_Ortiz

DOFCH.COM
DOFCH.COM
Up is an excellent movie.

You can get the Panasonic Blu Ray Player BD 60 RIGHT NOW for $109.00 at AMAZON.com

Great deal!

Get