DaUnknownAdmin.Com
  • Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for DOFCH.Com, Freestyle.FM, and WhatChaMissin.Com. (There's also a tiny gaming clan forum.) You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

The Departed

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
The Plot: Two men (DiCaprio and Damon) from opposite sides of the law are undercover within the Boston State Police department and the Irish mafia, and as discoveries are made on both sides that compromise their positions, the moles are dispatched to find out their enemy's identities.

THE BUZZ: One of the more non-linear crime stories in recent memory in the hands of a fumbly veteran, The Depahhhted promises to be the spectacle of awards season (next to Dreamgirls?). Per usual, Scorsese's gunning for Oscar, and rumor has it if it weren't for his film's ultraviolent third act, he might've finally nabbed the Best Picture statue. Although perhaps we're editorializing just a tiny bit there. So now the focus has turned on Jack Nicholson, who's bloodied performance is set to introduce him, and Scorsese, to the

This by far this is the best movie of the year.
I think the characters are solid.
Jack Nicholson is gold in this movie.
I will definately pick this one up on HD DVD when its released.

I can't wait to see this.
I'm waiting for my father who requested that I watch every movie with him when he's ready. LOL

lol, well I can't wait to watch it either. I just need someone to watch it with. Blah, maybe I'll just go by myself again. It looks to good to miss.

Rafael said:
lol, well I can't wait to watch it either. I just need someone to watch it with. Blah, maybe I'll just go by myself again. It looks to good to miss.

Yang...
That sounded so fucking sad. :blah:

it does? hmm, now that I re-read it, it does sound kinda sad. :cry:

but don't worry my ying, its worse than it sounds. besides I don't always go alone. :eyebrow:

LoL. Good to read. I got the sexiest boot-leg known to machinary. I don't even consider it a bootleg.
If anything you can come on ova and watch it with my father. Have a beer or 2. :p

wtf? sexiest boot-leg known to machinary?
I may go just to see whats that all about.

Well I for one saw this testosterone fest alone LMAO.. DEFINITELY not a date movie.

I'd give it the old thumbs up, and 3 1/2 stars out of 5.

Positives: It has an intricate plot and brisk acting. It seemed like Scorcese was paying homage to the Sopranos (therapy scenes), LA Confidential (interrogation) and Reservoir Dogs (stylized, choreographed standoffs/ shootouts)... all shows and films that HE originally influenced. Best scene: a drunken Jack Nicholson imitates the "gnawing rat" he believes Leonardo DiCaprio is.

Negatives: No strong women characters; the Melfi-like therapist is the closest it comes.
I'm 1/4 Irish, but I was kinda neutral on the Boston Irish flavor. I definitely miss Scorcese's Italian American shit. When I first saw Raging Bull and Goodfellas, I was amazed because I was so used to seeing white bread characters in Hollywood films; it was wonderful to hear distinctive Italian dialogue.
Also, the Departed is a good potboiler, but it's not a sublime, mind blowing masterpiece like Taxi Driver.
But it's worth seeing!

Crystal I'm picturing your boot-leg DVD literally on an actual leg with a boot like the lamp in a Christmas Story LMAO

Don't wait. This is actually a total male movie.
Jack Nicholson, Leonardo DiCaprio,Mark Whalberg are all phenomenal.
I laughed, I gasped...I was mad! Overall...Scorcese rocks!

I thought this movie was pretty damn good! The loops at the end is what's so crazy. Pretty much jumped up and said *OHH DAMNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Of course I had to stop the movie like every 20 min to translate hard knocks to a preppy kid.....sheesh.....mood killer right there :mad:

Yeah that was a good movie the ending was crazy though i was like ooohhh!!!

Back