DaUnknownAdmin.Com
  • Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for DOFCH.Com, Freestyle.FM, and WhatChaMissin.Com. (There's also a tiny gaming clan forum.) You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

TAKEN

CPR_Jose_Ortiz

DOFCH.COM
DOFCH.COM
There are movies that you totally expect to be great.

One that comes to mind is the hugely disappointing "Righteous Kill" starring Al Pacino and Robert Deniro.

Then there are movies that you totally expect nothing from.
A movie that by just looking at the description at a glance give you a B Movie feel.

Taken is not a B movie.

Not only is it better than Righteous Kill, but its extremely entertaining.
It is action packed and truly deserves a theater run. Though I don't think it will get one.

Taken stars Liam Niesen as a former spy who relies on his old skills to save his estranged daughter, who has been abducted.

The first 20 minute set up is typical but everything after is just pure action.

Taken has been pushed back a few times and its now slated for January 2009.

If you have a chance to pick up a copy at a DVD Import store, you will not regret it.

Hopefully this will be on Blu Ray because I will definitely add it to my HIGH DEF rack.

In closing. Liam Niesen is the farthest person one would think as an Action Star. After you see this movie, you will put that thought to rest.

PS: The only thing that bothered me about the movie was that Maggie Grace (LOST) plays his 17 year old daughter. She's 25. She does act the part though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Being a Movie collector myself CPR i know exactly what you mean when you look at the cover of an unknown movie... with that in mind, i would like to suggest watching
Impostor and Equilibrium two wtf did these come from movies in my collection.. they are not on blu-ray but, they are awsome movies if ya like "space" "futuristic" "in the future" type of movies....:D

I own both films Produktoh! and they are good.
I actually have Equillibrium on HD DVD.
Impostor was a solid suprise. I hate Gary Sinise as an actor (because of Mission to Mars actually!) but I agree with you totally.

Hope you can check out Taken.

My mom is not a huge fan of action-packed movies---but this one she LOVED. It's driven with the rage and passion a father should feel when his daughter is in harms way. The abduction itself (the reasons for her being abducted to begin with) raises serious issues of what's been going on for years and years right under our noses. This is a must see.

just wanto to toss out another movie that i reallllyyy enjoyed,,, if ya like comedy you have to check out this one....shaolin soccer the foreing version not the "subbed" american one... this movie had me rolling in my seat.. (kung-fu)

If ya like asian movies, id highly suggest www.yesasia.com. Here is the place where i buy all my asian movies.. this is the place where i get all the kung fu / action / drama movies wayyyyyyyyyyy before they came out here in theatres... one example was i had jet li's movie "fearless" i forgot what they called it here in the us when it came out but that was funny that i had this movie at least 4 months before the theatre.... chek it out just make sure you read the "region" where the discs can play and also if they come with sub-titles LOL!!!

I know of yesasia. Great stuff there Producktoh!
I had Fearless for a long time as well.
Same thing with movies like MINDHUNTERS and 88 MINUTES.

I wonder if they still have the HD DVD of Jersey Girl.

All good movies.. Impostor, Equillibrium were off the hook. Another movie with the same type of feel is Minority Report.. to be honest i'm just a fan of all the gadgets in the movie, lol! - Just added TAKEN on Netflix, thx for the suggestion CPR.

As far as Asian movies..right now i'm watching AZUMI 1&2.

Ya, i have azumi, its a goddam, jacked up movie with a typcal japanesse ending!! I love and hate them japanesse!! why cant we just once see the hero win and get the girl/man ???? good flick.. Another great movie geek title is Death Note 1 and 2!!! I enjoyed those alot!!

Ya, i have azumi, its a goddam, jacked up movie with a typcal japanesse ending!! I love and hate them japanesse!! why cant we just once see the hero win and get the girl/man ???? good flick.. Another great movie geek title is Death Note 1 and 2!!! I enjoyed those alot!!

I liked Azumi. I enjoyed DN 1&2 as well. My boy put me on to that.. Now I own the Anime and the movies, lol! - Not going all out like my boy tho, he owns the anime, movies, figures and notebooks.. (whoa!) Matter of fact last week there was a special showing of DN 2 at theatre down here.. The place was packed with Misa and L wannabe's.

The movie will be making its was to the theater on January 30th
They actually had the 2 minute abduction scene on this week's edition of Monday Night Raw on USA.

Have fun watching it!
Lots of action!

Currently the number one movie in America.
Forget the reviews and watch it for yourself.
Great action.

Taken was a good pop corn flick.
I understand that its no Bourne Trilogy but thats the reason why I liked it so much.

I didn't expect anything from the movie and got a cool treat.

the whole "one man army" theme was started by some of my favorites including bruce lee, clint eastwood , charles bronson chuck norris ,slyvester stallone (both rocky and rambo) up to present day jason bourne and now this one TAKEN your right it was a great movie..but Im a big movie buff i dont settle for great anymore I need to be taken by surprise to really love a movie..then Im like WOW THAT WAS A FUCKN MOVIE!!!... ,this was all pretty predictable, the one man army theme is done to death but is a movie category that will never go away... taken is worth a two hour sit down

$95,153,000

I can't believe this movie has made almost a 100 million dollars in the US box office.
Many of you can get this movie already on DVD and Blu Ray.

Back