DaUnknownAdmin.Com
  • Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for DOFCH.Com, Freestyle.FM, and WhatChaMissin.Com. (There's also a tiny gaming clan forum.) You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

Slumdog Millionaire

CPR_Jose_Ortiz

DOFCH.COM
DOFCH.COM
Slumdog Millionaire is a 2008 drama film directed by Danny Boyle and written by Simon Beaufoy. It is based on the book Q and A written by Indian author and diplomat Vikas Swarup. Loveleen Tandan began as the film's casting director but was appointed by Boyle as a "co-director".
The film, shot and set in India, follows a young man from the slums of Mumbai who appears on a game show and exceeds people's expectations, raising the suspicions of the game show host and law enforcement.
Following screenings at the Telluride Film Festival and the Toronto International Film Festival, Slumdog Millionaire had a limited release on 12 November 2008 to critical acclaim and awards success

Jamal Malik, a former street child from Mumbai, is being interrogated by the police. He is a contestant on Kaun Banega Crorepati, the Indian version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?, and has made it to the final question but has been accused of cheating.

-------

This is a gorgeous film. A true cinematic experience.

The storyline will captivate you from beginning to end.
It'll play with your emotions, grab on to your heart and not let go for two solid hours.

After you see it, you will not be able to stop thinking about it. It is so good.

The music of this movie is truly noteworthy. Not only does it move you but it blends in with the movie so well, it'll make you want to purchase the soundtrack.

The characters are well developed. The acting in this movie is superb.
The 3 Main Characters are played by 3 sets of people and they are all fantastic.

Forget about all of the movies on your Top 10.
Slumdog Millionaire will definately bump one out of your countdown.

I've watched all of the movies nominated for awards. These include Gran Torino, 7 Pounds, Changeling and The Wrestler.

All fail in comparison when compared to Slumdog Millionaire.

I can not wait for the Blu Ray release of this title, though it hasn't been announced yet. It is at the top of my list.

If you have the opportunity to see this movie, do not pass up the chance.
It is a true winner.

A++

Last edited by a moderator:
The production for this film was amazing.
When I first heard about it being based on a kid winning on "who wants to be a millionaire"...I yawned, rolled my eyes..but then he popped the film in at two in the morning and....my tired ass was completely drawn to it. Each time the police tortured the main character, and asked him how he knew each and every answer...the boy's heartbreaking life experience would unfold...each of the questions the show asked him connected to every one of his experiences and really...this made the movie incredible. There's romance, there's humor, there's horror, and there's history in the making.
smiley.gif

HAS TO BE MOVIE OF THE YEAR. Without a doubt.
FIVE stars!

Bollywood Meets Hollywood

I really don't know how to describe this movie without giving too much away. Its one of those movies that you just want to talk about. Its a feel good movie that actually makes you feel good. Imagine that!

But please don't be fooled, this movie is as dark and raw as it is enlightening and uplifting. If you've had your fill of costumed characters and are quite bored with special effects, over the top explosions and surreal stunts. Then this is one movie you don't want to miss.

Slumdog Millionaire blends common ingredients such as reality and fairy-tales and marinates them with healthy dashes of drama and comedy, to create a delicious masala for all to digest and think about long after the movie is over.

I enjoyed this movie! I was also drawned to the movie and couldn't stop watching it. Two thumbs up!!:buttrock:

The best Bollywood Hindi movie i've seen in a while. Kinda reminds me of "Ek Hasina", but alot less drama.

Slumdog Millionaire Is great for dates.

You have to see it in order to know what the ending of this one is going to be like :p

The little movie that could... did.
Not only did it rack up at the Oscars but it also won Best Picture.

There is no movie more deserving.

If you haven't seen this movie; What are you waiting for?

They rocked it last night! I'm glad it won, because it really was that good. It was probably the most heavily favored underdog in my lifetime.

That's what it's about? A kid wanting to be on who wants to be a millionaire lol. I still don't think I'll ever watch this movie.

There's a reason why this movie won so many awards and critical acclaim. Rent it, pop it in your player and find out why. But before you do understand that this movie can not be watched with crossed arms and closed minds. It is not your typical Hollywood boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy finds girl again love story filled with yawn inducing cliches.

Back