• Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for WhatChaMissin.Com, Freestyle.FM and other sites. You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

Serato 2.0

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9_qPCYZQWM[/media]

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
What is Scratch Live 2?
Scratch Live 2 adds more decks, DJ FX and two way interaction with Ableton Live with new protocol called “The Bridge”. Inside Serato Scratch Live 2, we now bring four new Display Modes that allow you to choose a range of new screen layouts with 2, 3 or 4 deck control. Each Display Mode features with a clean design and your choice of ways to play with expanded Library Views that allow you to easily spot your favorite track to bring to the mix.

Additional tools can be activated in Scratch Live that give you an expanded view and instant control of a range of free plug-ins including the SP-6 Sample Player, brand new Serato DJ FX and direct access to Ableton Live via “The Bridge”.

You can also add the optional Serato Video-SL plug-in to bring exciting visuals into your performance.

New in Serato Scratch Live 2

•Control Ableton Live and make editable Mixtapes with “The Bridge”.
•A choice of 2, 3 or 4 decks with supported Rane hardware.
•Built-in DJ FX with an assignable “Super Knob” for quick live tweaking.
•Brand new Display Modes with a range screen layouts to suit your style of performing.
•Enhanced Album Art browsing for quick identification of your music.
•Build “Smart Crates” easily using keywords from your music library.
•Export your track plays and share them online with “Serato Playlists”
You now have access to more tracks and effects than ever before with the clean and simple control that makes Scratch Live the number one choice for professional DJs.

http://serato.com/scratchlive/2

3pm

I'm still rokin' ver.1.9.2

If I'm not mistaken, this version won't work with the SL-1 box, only the SL-2 interface. If that's the case, I probably won't be going that way then.

ANY OTHER DJ's HERE USING IT?

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I just got the SL3 Limited Edition (Red ) Box as a gift from Varri (thanks Baby) and I'm waiting for v2.0 to officially come out. But from what I've seen so far you can only get 4 decks up by using their mixer, which kinda sucks, but I am looking forward to Built-in DJ FX.

Damn the red one.. with the watch????? NICE VARR!!!!! I am waiting on that 2.0 release... but I am going to pick up the SL3 next week... I have questions 4 u Raf?

I NEED THAT WATCH TOO.... What time is it?

Last edited by a moderator:

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I might add the Denon DN-HC1000s to my setup. Using CDs are a pain in the arse.

Yep, CD's are a pain.

I use the Denon DN-HC4500 controller for mobile gigs

Raf this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is the way to go even though the HC1000 COMES IN AT A FAIR PRICE "there is a reason"

The HC-4500 IS THE ULTIMATE FOR THE USE AND CONTROLL A BIT MORE BUT VERY WELL WORTH THE EXTRA WAIT AND $$

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Raf this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is the way to go even though the HC1000 COMES IN AT A FAIR PRICE "there is a reason"

The HC-4500 IS THE ULTIMATE FOR THE USE AND CONTROLL A BIT MORE BUT VERY WELL WORTH THE EXTRA WAIT AND $$
yea I think I'm going to hold off and get the Denon DN-HC4500. In the meantime I can get familiarize myself with Serato and all its features.

Thanks for the tips fellas, won't be long before I start cranking out some sets.

yea I think I'm going to hold off and get the Denon DN-HC4500. In the meantime I can get familiarize myself with Serato and all its features.

Thanks for the tips fellas, won't be long before I start cranking out some sets.

that will def keep u busy for a while... cant wait to check out the 1rst serato mix. :)

3pm

If you can afford it, then the 4500 is the way to go. It does all that he 1000 does and wayyyyyyyy more. Not to mention, they've also gotten way cheaper than when I bought mine.

GET IT !

You won't be disappointed ;)