• Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for WhatChaMissin.Com, Freestyle.FM and other sites. You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

Screens Of my EDITZ in Mixmeister...!!!

Musti

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Screens & Video of my EDITZ in Mixmeister...!!!

I have taken some screen shots of how I managed to create editz in Mixmeister...!!!

The track is Soave "Crying Over You" which I've been working with the past 2 days now...For those interested try and zoom into the pics to get a better idea...!!!

Once i work out how to link Audio to my Desktop Video Recorder then i'll put up the video of this Edit Mix...!!!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Musti

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Ok the Video can be viewed on YouTube by clicking the link below...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhBHMKzbl4g[/media]

Nice_Visionz

DOFCH.COM
DOFCH.COM
FreestyleMania.com
MaximumFreestyle.Com
LatinFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
pretty kool..but if you want people to know how to do it then explain what effects you used to make each piece..it sounded pretty kool too just certain parts there were too many editz so it sounds like it's skipping..keep up the good work though you have the concept thats for sure..

Chuck

Who?
Staff member
Administrator
DOFCH.COM
FreestyleMania.com
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
NYFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Musti, you have way more patience than i do lol. I have cut up songs but never to attempt an edit like you, great job. I really want to edit but I am just afraid of getting sick of those songs i would edit (plus I want software made or editting). When I do a mix I hear it so many times I get sick of those songs sometimes, I cant imagine how it'd be with just one song lol.

Musti

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
pretty kool..but if you want people to know how to do it then explain what effects you used to make each piece..it sounded pretty kool too just certain parts there were too many editz so it sounds like it's skipping..keep up the good work though you have the concept thats for sure..
Thanks Nice_Visionz...But would you believe me if i told you i used not a single "effect"...Honestly so far i've only spliced 'n' chopped...and thats it. I never thought about applying effects...!!! Mmmm...interesting...!!!

As you well know, I'm playing it by ear as i don't really know how you create Editz.(don't really know what the hell i'm doing to be precise...LOL) which is the main reason i'm reaching out here so maybe i can get some pointers and a better understanding of Editz...!!!

I'm not too sure how to explain what i did, apart from choping up the track at certain points, made some re-arrangement of the chops and thats pretty much it...Sorry :eek:

But i'm gonna keep going as i'm enjoying this alot.

Thanks again N.V.

Chuck

Who?
Staff member
Administrator
DOFCH.COM
FreestyleMania.com
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
NYFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I wish I could help you Musti. As you know I'm always willing to share information that I have. Any question about mixin with mixmeister, then that's something I know about (and sounds like you do too lol) but I just dont know edits. DJ paradise was in the chatroom a few weeks ago and he says he used soundforge and cool edit pro (I believe (I'm sometimes a little intoxicated for the shows lol)). I guess its hard to explain what to do over the net so a video like you provided, would be awsome.

Musti

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Hey HomerJay...You helped me so much in the past...I OWE YOU NOW...!!!

You proved without a shadow of doubt that you are "THE MIXMEISTER MASTER" as far as i'm concerned.

I've loaded up Soundforge and Acid Pro6 and couldn't make heads or tails of 'em...!!!

SoundForge does seem the way to go but a Video Tutorial would be great...so if anyone is willing to do one then please do, and put me outta my misery...Please...!!!

It's such a shame that the chatroom goes live way too late for me about 1am UK time as I would love to join you guys in there...So Ted & Raf if your reading this then i'm opening my doors for you guys to stage a Freestyle.FM live show from my living room...!!!

As far as being patient goes...well i started about 7 different edit mixes and have not completed a single one...!!! Do i get sick of hearing the same song again and again...??? I could blow my effin' brains out right now...:eek:

The Soave one is still at the same stage as how i posted it...LOL but i will go back to them and finish 'em off.

DJ_Dee_X-Man

DOFCH.COM
DOFCH.COM
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Finally!! Somebody willing to share their knowledge on how to start an edit. THANK YOU Musti!! And I mean that. I mean I've asked and asked people what they use and how to even get started and everyone is like so secret about it. Although I never became a real fan of editing, I assume it was something new I could try and take up since it is obsolete down here in the South.

Again Musti, TY for taking the time to post this up and again big time thanks to you bro. Keep doing your thing man... DJ Mustedit... get it!?

With enough perseverance.... it will eventually blossom. Now I just gotta bug Carlos to allow me to come over his house and mess with his Mixmeister. Carlos!!?? LOL!

ThnX!
DJ Dee X-Man :cool:

...man I just read this...

GOOD JOB MUSTI! Good to see a fellow member share new findings with the fellow DJ's here about this subject.. As said before, this seems to be a very "hidden/touchy" subject to DJ's who don't spent 24/7 behind a mixer, and devote all their time to mixing and networking with other DJ's that do nuthing else but envolve themselves in all the 411 in mixes & equipment. I'm very glad you stepped up to plate and shed some light to this cool technique using MiXmeister! A Big Thank You is at hand. Garland Texas will have tha Garland Po-Po's busting house parties, but hey.. it's all for the good, right!?!?

Thanks!

Yo X! I'll head your way this Saturday for the Tazmania Freestyle MiX #2. I'll bring by my Sony~Vaio LapTop to further investigate this interesting finding!

Peace!

DJ Mystic.. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Musti

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Thanks Dj_Dee_X_Man and Carlos...Your right...everyone is quite secretive about Editz, It's like a whole Secret Society exits out there (the "Illuminate" comes to mind) who just won't throw out a bone.

I bet they get together and meet regularly like the "Bilderbergs"...Just Kidding...!!!

It's such a shame as Editz is what got me and alot of my friends into Freestyle...!!! The "Art Form" is so unique, and it is an "Art Form"...Believe that...!!!

I'm amazed by what i hear, by the likes of The Phlexican, Fred The Edit, Joey Danger Altura, Carlos Berrios, Rascals Revenge and back in the day, Omar Santana, Chep Nunez, Latin Rascals etc...!!!

I would love to see this Art Form grow from strength to strength and alot of respect must be paid to DJ Dayer and Nice_Visionz, as well as others, who are a new bread of Editors and are insuring a future for Editz...!!!

There are many people out there, i'm sure, who would love to learn and would have alot to offer to this Art Form but what must we do to prove it...??? Tell us...!!!

I'm sure I'm going the wrong way and the loooong way about it but i know no different...!!!

I do hope editors will be more forthcoming and open up to us and share information and help, guide and mentor us...!!!

We believe in this Art Form...why won't they believe in us...!!!

Or have got this all wrong...??? Talk to us...!!!

Much Love. Peace Out

Nice_Visionz

DOFCH.COM
DOFCH.COM
FreestyleMania.com
MaximumFreestyle.Com
LatinFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Ok to explain a little as to why I can't say what i use..When i was being taught i was told that the software im using was made by a friend of my teacher..and this friend stated.."No one is to get this software unless they are in our group" If i used any other software then i would explain it..I wouldn't hold back or w/e it was Carlos was saying..
Musti you are doing fine just keep doing it how your doing it only pay attention to where and how many times you splice...start by only doing the chorus on songs and see how that sounds..
cool edit pro is Adobe audition just for those who don't know..

Musti

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
NV i respect your secrecy but i have to admit you and Phlex, with what little information you have given me, you've let the cat out of the bag...!!!

I'm onto you guys and to prove it here's something I've put together. Mind you it took my nearly 4 days to work this mofo out...!!!

I now understand why you guys won't say anything...!!!

So check THIS out...!!!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U3JZL2EX

Chuck

Who?
Staff member
Administrator
DOFCH.COM
FreestyleMania.com
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
NYFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
NV i respect your secrecy but i have to admit you and Phlex, with what little information you have given me, you've let the cat out of the bag...!!!

I'm onto you guys and to prove it here's something I've put together. Mind you it took my nearly 4 days to work this mofo out...!!!

I now understand why you guys won't say anything...!!!

So check THIS out...!!!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U3JZL2EX
Ok, now I know that wasnt with Mixmeister lol. You're getting better Musti. There were parts and effects I really really liked in this one, but I like to hear more singing in the song.

Musti

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Hey Homer...You got that right Mixmeister that ain't...LOL...!!!

Thanks for the kind words...and advice...!!! I rushed this out just to give those who are interested an idea of where i was at. I got a little excited and decided to just throw this up. I'm still trying to understand the concept and hopefully in time i'll get better...!!!

But i must admit it is damn difficult and time consuming to the extent i never imagined...!!!

But i'm keep going...Thanks for the feedback Homer...!!!