DaUnknownAdmin.Com
  • Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for DOFCH.Com, Freestyle.FM, and WhatChaMissin.Com. (There's also a tiny gaming clan forum.) You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

Pan's Labyrinth

CPR_Jose_Ortiz

DOFCH.COM
DOFCH.COM
When I write that this movie is great! I mean THIS MOVIE IS GREAT!!!

Pan's Labyrinth is not just the best imported film of the year, but ever.
It combines Horror, Fantasy, Drama and Thriller into one epic movie.
All the character's are extremely well written and the story is amazing.
The special effects are gorgeous as the human story line is just as gripping.

YOU HAVE TO WATCH THIS MOVIE!

The original language is in Spanish but thats just a plus for me.
Nothing put out this year in the US compares to this movie which makes
Lord of the Rings seem uninteresting.

Its violent, Its drama, Its Sci-Fi...Its just a perfect 10.

This is NOT your typical kiddy fantasy movie.

Rated R and Oscar worthy!

:bowdown:

Plot summary:
In a post-Civil War northern Spain in 1944, a 12-year-old girl, Ofelia (Ivana Baquero), moves with her heavily-pregnant mother and stepfather into a new home in the countryside. Her stepfather, Captain Vidal (Sergi López) has been posted to this remote area to rid it of a small Republican militia. Disliked by the sadistic Vidal, Ofelia, who revels in ancient stories and fairy tales, discovers an immense and ancient labyrinth guarded by a Faun (Doug Jones). He tells her she is the long-lost daughter of the king of a magical land, and to regain entry to her kingdom she must carry out three tasks. So Ofelia enters a strange and no less dangerous world of fairies and extraordinary creatures such as the terrifying Pale Man (Doug Jones).

wow .. imma see it now lol seriously just becuase you really think its that bad ass... ill let you know when i see it what i think about it

Pan's Labyrinth is the story of Ofelia, a Spanish general's stepdaughter, who is led by a faerie into the underworld. There, Pan the faun tells her she is a princess who must complete three tasks to restore her kingdom to glory. She divides her time between the creepy-crawly underworld and the real world, where things aren't much better: a war is raging between the Spanish and guerrillas. Ofelia passes her first test, getting a key from a Jabba the Hut-like frog. But she fails her second test, with one of the eeriest creatures you will ever see. Pan offers her one more chance: she must bring her baby brother into the underworld and offer a drop of the innocent's blood. Her stepfather, who only sees the boy as his name being carried on, chases Ofelia into Pan's labyrinth, and the two worlds tragically collide.

Pan's Labyrinth is a brilliant fantasy for adults (way too scary and violent for kids).. It combines the high-stakes spiritual drama of Greek mythology, the character-driven storytelling of a Gabriel Garcia Marquez novel, and the action and special FX of a Hollywood blockbuster. The underworld is a gothic dream world shot in monochromatic blue, filled with strange visions, like a yucca-like root that moves and cries like a baby, right out of David Lynch's Eraserhead. It's a deep, original film which would be a smash if it were in English (it's in Spanish, with subtitles). Nonetheless, it's deservedly up for several Oscars, including Best Screenplay. Go see it! :)

I forget where I saw a review of this movie, but the reviews were raving about it. I usually don't go to the movies to read, but this might be worth the extra effort. Heck if I can do it with Kung Fu flicks surely I can do it with this exceptional peice of cinema!

Pan's Labyrinth is completely in Spanish and I loved every minute of it.
Its Lord of the Rings vs Harry Potter vs Fantasy but violently well writen.
I have the DVD of this movie but would love the HD DVD of it soon.
It WILL be in MY TOP 10.

*moved to the WCM Review Section
Rate Away!

I already had this in this section. I reviewed it last year. Do you know where that thread is?

Sorry bout that Jose... didn't see it :blush:

---

Question about the dude / chick factor

Does that mean for example you give it a high chick factor if the actresses are hot, or if it's a chick flick?

Robert Berardi said:
Sorry bout that Jose... didn't see it :blush:

---

Question about the dude / chick factor

Does that mean for example you give it a high chick factor if the actresses are hot, or if it's a chick flick?

Yep, that's what it means...

Dude/Chick Factor = How Would A Man or Woman Appreciate This Film
Chick Flick, Man Movie, Etc.

Cool.. OK, I rated it..

Dude factor: yeah, because of the monsters! That thing with the eyes in its hands is probably the most terrifying movie monster I've ever seen, and I'm a connoisseur LoL

Chick factor: The young heroine is wonderful.

Dateworthy: Yep, I saw it on a date, and although there's no romance, the whole story is gothic romanticism. And the scary parts are good for cuddlin' :p

Storyline: Top notch. Epic and bursting with ideas, with memorable characters.

FX/ Scenery: Great period piece (1940's Spain), and a vivid fantasy world brought to life with special effects, without the effects being too obvious.

*I merged the threads and it looks like we lost your ratings Bobby. Sorry about that, if you can repost them that would be great. I would check your ratings as well Jose.

El Laberinto Del Fauno is probraby the best accomplishment a Spanish Producer can ever hope to accomplish on film. Its a wonderful picture that will look great in HD. I can only hope.

From the looks of it, this would actually be worth my $7 (with student discount, not including snacks)

Rafael said:
I usually don't go to the movies to read, but this might be worth the extra effort. Heck if I can do it with Kung Fu flicks surely I can do it with this

I just had a flashback to that masterpiece of Asian cinema (not) we saw in that chinese restaurant in Williamsburg :rotf:

Holy crap, I nearly peed in my pants!

That had to be the worse peice of directing, editing, acting, etc ever caught on film. Oddly enough it looked like no one even noticed, they must have been serving some really good Saki that night.

I gave it a 9 chick factor cause I am a chick and a 9 date worthy cause I saw it on a date with Romeo and trust me getting a girl depressed will make her appreciate you more (lol)

Great Film....
i only gave it a 4 because thats what i think most guys would give it but I personally for me say a 5

Great foriegn film to see

I just saw this movie not too long ago and I thought it was great!

Dude factor for the war and how heartless that Comander actually is!!

Chick factor because of the love a woman has for her brother, and a daughter for her mother.

Date worthy? Yeah, preferably one that might know spanish already so it doesn't seem like you're reading most of the movie.

Storyline was great!! The twists that they end up taking, the imagination to become like a child again and believe in imaginary beings...just outstanding.

FX/Scenery was awesome. The tasks that she needed to complete and the characters that were created to partake in the story was just incredible.

Definently worth watching :yes:

Back