DaUnknownAdmin.Com
  • Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for DOFCH.Com, Freestyle.FM, and WhatChaMissin.Com. (There's also a tiny gaming clan forum.) You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

Our DJ systems

Man, there are some really great setups here. :cool:

Here's my modest setup.

DSC03901.jpg

Modest :rotf: It's frigen sweet :p

I say you pull those faders and pop the rotaries in ;)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g05koHuwHsQ[/media]

COñO Redd you killed it man! What were the names of those tunes? I like those rotaries I might just have to do those two channels!

Last edited by a moderator:
COñO Redd you killed it man! What where the names of those tunes? I like those rotaries I might just have to do those two channels!

Yeah, I enjoyed that mixer, especially when I added the rotaries. LOL, a Urei it's not, but Denon did a nice job. Around that time I bought the 6K, which I hated :confused: Not even a month later both were sold. Ahhhhh yes, life before kids... When I could upgrade just for the sake of wanting new toyz. The tunes, Love On My Mind (BN3 Dub) by Freemasons and Freaky Flow by Verdugo Brothers.

Ah man that 2007 setup is super sick...wow...:eek:...

Yeah, it was a fun setup, but I have to say that my current one, which is half the size, is perfect. Maybe it's just where I'm at in my life, but for club/bar gigs that don't have setup's, this one gets the job done extremely well. I'm do for a new rig and before I pull the trigger on these new Denon 3700's, I'm waiting to see if Pio puts out an upgraded CDJ. As for the mixer, I love the DJM-800, which is what I use at the club, but am quite happy w/the 400 which is basically it's baby bro. I'm gonna wait Denon out because my gut tells me the new 1700 is going to be badazz.

Dang. Some sweet pictures. eXpressing a lot of style too. That's just hott mang.

So do you guys knows which is better? Serato or Traktor scratch? My friend just got the Traktor set and I'm supposed to swing by and check it, but I was always recommend to Serato.

What it is yo!

DJ Dee X-M:cool:n
Marvel ComiX

So do you guys knows which is better? Serato or Traktor scratch? My friend just got the Traktor set and I'm supposed to swing by and check it, but I was always recommend to Serato.

X, there are a lot of vinyl emulation programs out there. Virtual Vinyl, Serato, Traktor, and Torq just to name a few. They all have strong points and week points. SSL is the most widely recognized here in the states. But in Europe VirtualDJ and using a Maya, or Audio8, is more recognized.

Play around with as many of them as you can and see which one suits your needs best. I don't do the time code route....I love my controllers. Small, and easy to move. Yet I can still get the sound I want out of them.....

I love the DJM-800, which is what I use at the club,

I almost love my DJM-700, I couldn't pass up the price I got it at, but I would like to add a Rotary kit to it, and that will never happen. Not sure why Pionner decided on that. I am looking at getting a Rane Empath rotary in place of this one, and then the Pioneer EFX later on. I never used a rotary, but with my style of mixing, I think I would be able to take advantage of it....

You ever think about adding the rotary kit to yours?

I almost love my DJM-700, I couldn't pass up the price I got it at, but I would like to add a Rotary kit to it, and that will never happen. Not sure why Pionner decided on that. I am looking at getting a Rane Empath rotary in place of this one, and then the Pioneer EFX later on. I never used a rotary, but with my style of mixing, I think I would be able to take advantage of it....

You ever think about adding the rotary kit to yours?

Yeah, I wonder why Pio elected not to have a rotary option on the 700. It's a great mixer, which I've been considering also. Pio has a rebate going making it even more tempting. The 800 at the club is theirs and the resident is a new schooler and not an old dog like me ;) If it was my venue, yes sir, the 800 would have rotaries on it... Or at least split 2x2 like I did w/a Denon X-900 I owned. It was the best of two worlds :tgif: I'm gonna hold tight and see what the new Denon 1700 brings. I already know they're not putting a rotary option on it, but it's not a deal breaker for me. Rotaries are, if they're good ones (ie. Bozak, Urei & Rane's are my favs), a smooth classic style of mixing. I don't recommend them if you're cutting, slamming or scratching. They're perfect for dance, specifically house; hence the reason most "dance" venues have them.

Heres my setup:

Prodigy FX
(2) Technics 1200 MK5
Serato Scratch Live running on OSX
Mackie HR824
dbx 166a

Will take some pics as soon as I find my camera. My house is a mess.

WOW.. Yea.. i wont be posting my set up on here for a while LMAO.. There's some pretty kick ass setups here...

Back