• Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for WhatChaMissin.Com, Freestyle.FM and other sites. You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

Our DJ systems

chuckie

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Didn't you buy the Numark setup?
I did and i had to return it. I never even took it out of the box. But when i bought it the mortgage was due :) so i had to return it to pay the mortgage heh. And since i had already purchased the MM Controller before hand its what i'm using now.

chuckie

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
hey Chuckie, how do you like the controller for MM?
Its not too bad, but i still find myself using the mouse a lot for edits and such. The MM Controller is only good for stuff you fix up to work perfectly. IE. edit in the song slicer, otherwise you will be using the mouse to do the edits on the fly. So for 4x4 songs its great, like house and such.

I figured I can post some really old pics of my DJ setup that I have upgraded since then. I prefer Tony's setup with 3 TTs then my current system although I couldn't do what I currently do with that layout unfortunately.

the way I have mine setup is in an L shape. 2 TTs and mixer in the middle on 1 side, Mackie D.2 Mixer in the center of the 2 roadcases and the other setup on the other side so that I can quickly move to my other decks.

My entire setup consists of:

4 Numark TTx turntables
2 Pioneer DJM 909 mixers (unfortunatelly the pics show a Behringer VCM300 which was thrown out a long time ago once I upgraded)
1 Mackie D.2
Akai MPC2500 for recording and sampling during my shows
Alienware M15x (I use SSL or Virtual DJ depending on the demand and for mobile gigs mostly otherwise I will use the original vinyls instead)

I should mention that on these pics you will see the Ortofon Pro cartridge and needles and were changed to Ortofon Concord Q.Bert carts and needles since they offer better tracking for turntablists.

I have also included a picture of what my vinyl storage area looks like however this is NOT my own although very similar layout due to overstock of vinyl. I will have to take a drive down to my storage and snap some pics some day since I only have around 15 000 vinyls here at my place and over 280 000 in storage (no I have not counted every single one since I get discouraged at counting each and every one although it is definatelly over that amount if you count the amounts of vinyls per space and amount of spaces. Most of my stuff is all hand me downs from family and friends' parents who wanted to get rid of their vinyl that was gathering junk but my biggest hand me down is from my father who has been collecting vinyl records since the age of 12 and gave me his entire collection when I turned 20 plus my 14 year vinyl career and frequent and obsessive visits to the record shop where I have yet to visit one and walk out with a bill under 3000$ kind of added up to the massive amounts. My collection days have gone down since I got married since I try to stay far away from a record shop as possible although I do make some visits once in a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
I vote for Chuckie's setup. it has to be the most portable setup out of everyone I've seen here! damn all of that could fit in a suitcase I'm sure....other then speakers of course.

DJ_COAST

ClubFreestyle.Com
NYFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Some more pics of my setup

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

DJ_SaltyDogg's basement

Whazz up everyone......just got back into DJ'ing about 6 months ago....using Serato and 1210 MK5's with a Behringer DDM4000 (which I love). Just a hobby for me, kicking the Usteam thing and making music for family and friends.
Built my booth......but it still needs paint!

Attachments

Whazz up everyone......just got back into DJ'ing about 6 months ago....using Serato and 1210 MK5's with a Behringer DDM4000 (which I love). Just a hobby for me, kicking the Usteam thing and making music for family and friends.
Built my booth......but it still needs paint!

Nice Set-up u got there!!!!

Keep us posted on the final stage :cool:

Thanks 4 sharing

Updated System Config

It's been some time since I posted the system and well u know us DJ's always changing stuff....lol :idea: alot has changed so here are some more recent pics... Post some feedback let me know whatcha think?

Attachments

Loving the little lap on the laptop.

I 2 luv that lil mini fuc%*r

It allows me to now see what's going on in the chat room & chat during the shows (thanks Spider) :booya:

I also built the case with Spider and it's finished with marine grade black vinyl & auto truck bed liner with flexstone paint and clear coats. :yes:

yo Phanatic, i really like you set up......