• Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for WhatChaMissin.Com, Freestyle.FM and other sites. You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

NO RODEO

WhatChaMissin.com presents No Rodeo, an original comic strip created by Pete Hernandez and myself.  Each week you'll find four strips about the continuing adventures of Desiree Chavez, an 11-year-old Dominican girl and her NewYorican friend Yesenia "Jessy" Lopez.

To get your Dez on, Click Here
Enjoy!

Special thanks to Rafael :wavy:

G

I beg to differ on only one thing. Desiree was a character Bobby created a long time ago, I think over 10 years ago but he was cool enough to ask for my input with storylines and such but it is his baby. I don't want to take undue credit.

It's a great comic strip, just head to the top of the forums and see for yourselves.

Cheers!

MariaSDF

Freestyler Xtreme
Bobby thanks for the forum! I've been a fan since I met you online last year. I love the comic strip cuz I'm Dominican ahahaha plus I can relate to her crazy Dominican family since I was brought up with an old fashioned mom too.

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Hey thanks Bobby for sharing your comic strip and making our site that much more fun and entertaining to visit.

BTW: I edited your post to correct the link.

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Has anyone noticed that Dez looks alot like Maria?

MariaSDF

Freestyler Xtreme
LMAO
I'm going to sue Bobby for stalking me during my teenage years. I can relate to the poor girl. I was a Dominican girl trying to force my parents to let me live the "american life." Now I am a americanized-Dominican that has a 14 yr old daughter who is half white and ghetto-fabulous that wants to live the Dominican girl life (the one she thinks it is). My mom must be like hee hee hee

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Lmao, Maria you just knew that she was waiting for this moment.

MiRi

Freestyler Xtreme
Great comic strip, guys! I love it! :) And yes, it's funny how Desiree looks like Maria. But what's even funnier is that her name IS Desiree AND she looks like Maria! It's like two in one shot! Haha!

DJCaliente007

Freestyler Xtreme
lol they sure do look like and im scured. no im kidding lol great job guys.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MariaSDF @ Sep. 16 2003,09:28)]I can relate to the poor girl.  I was a Dominican girl trying to force my parents to let me live the "american life."  
Thanks everyone, glad you all like it!!
The story continues next week, so check back. It's a six week series.

Maria reading something like that^ means more to me than any praise or criticism I'll get. Now I gotta pump you for more stories AHAHAHA!! Be sure to keep me in line whenever I get something wrong

[b said:
Quote[/b] (cubanprncs81 @ Sep. 16 2003,13:15)]it's funny how Desiree looks like Maria. But what's even funnier is that her name IS Desiree AND she looks like Maria! It's like two in one shot!
Back in LF they both had Dominican flag avatars... So when I first saw a picture of them I thought Maria was Desi and vice versa.  I'd never met anyone named Desiree, so I was like, "Wow, a Dominican named Desiree who looks like my character... what are the odds?!" *LMFGO* Add to that, No Rodeo's Puerto Rican character is named Jessy spelled with a 'y', just like Veridis Quo...
*sings Twilight Zone theme*

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Robert Berardi @ Sep. 16 2003,15:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MariaSDF @ Sep. 16 2003,09:28)]I can relate to the poor girl.  I was a Dominican girl trying to force my parents to let me live the "american life."  
Thanks everyone, glad you all like it!!
The story continues next week, so check back.  It's a six week series.

Maria reading something like that^ means more to me than any praise or criticism I'll get.  Now I gotta pump you for more stories AHAHAHA!! Be sure to keep me in line whenever I get something wrong
...Hmmm I know I'm forgetting something important.
*walks by next set of comic strips to be scanned.

LOL, just j/k

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
This weeks episode is up and ready for your viewing pleasure.

G

Not to be a tease but next week and the week after it gets funnier and funnier. I had a great time coming up with sight gags for this particular story arc in Dez's life.

When you meet the Aunt Alta Gracia, there is a little ode to Celia Cruz mixed in, you'll see.

It's a very funny comic to work on. Bobby does a great job.