DaUnknownAdmin.Com
  • Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for DOFCH.Com, Freestyle.FM, and WhatChaMissin.Com. (There's also a tiny gaming clan forum.) You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

Netflix Videos of the Week

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rafael @ May 04 2005, 8:42 pm)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (feisty @ May 04 2005, 4:12 pm)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Pete Hernandez @ May 04 2005, 4:08 pm)]Raf, the BSG series is fucking amazing, you are gonna love it. It's recieved critical acclaim and has to be one fo the best written sci fi series ever. It's completely dramatic without going over the top and has very good cgi and the pacing is excellent and if you need one more bit of convincing...EDWARD JAMES OLMOS.

There isn't a bad episode in the entire 13 eppy run. The show was so well recieved they are pushing to get season two out this summer which is one the fastest call backs for a follow up series in tv history.

SAW was great,. Well written, well paced an a great twist in it. Easily a cult classic. Ten years from now you'll be able to watch it and still get the same chills.

I'm a sucker for 24 so I am up to season three while watching and downloading season four eppys.

Great show, probably the best written on tv today.
What the *#%*?   You got nothing to say about my passion for "Cher"?    
blush.gif

crazy.gif
Sorry hunnie bunnie I know how much you like Cher, that's why I didn't comment on it but it's true. Cher is the only one that can make Dr. Frank-N-Furter look sexy. I just can't get past that cross-dressing transvestite  look.  
no2.gif
LOL I dun care whatcha think either
no2.gif

And just for that I'm gonna make you watch it with me!
biggrin.gif

cool you can rub my feet until I fall asleep.
booya.gif

Is you crazy? She was the ish in Witches of Eastwick!

While I wait for my movies to arrive via snail mail, I thought I post this up.
whitechicks.jpg

White Chicks

If you like movies that are stupid funny then this is the movie for you. Except that I didn't find myself laughing as much as I did with the Scary Movies series, but I still get flashbacks of Latrell singing Vanessa Carlton's A Thousand Miles whenever I hear the song.

If you do add this to your Netflix/Blockbuster list, move it to the bottom.

Well I enjoyed it!
yes2.gif
tounge.gif

White Chicks is one of my all time favorite "Stupid Movie" that I absolutely love to watch over and over again. I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe. I also love Dude Where's My Car? LOL

Feisty I also love Cher!!!!!

My husband is obsessed with watching Battlestar Galatica. I like it too but I'm not that big of a fan like he is. I used to watch it back in the day.

Yesterday I received Jesus Christ Superstar. I looooove 1970's hippie rock musicals (ex: rocky horror picture show, hair, phantom of the opera, grease) and I was too young to remember the Jesus Freaks movement so I just had to get this. Its from 1972 (I think) but the acting and singing is phenomenal. I wish I had seen it sooner. I dunno but I have a feeling Crystal would love it cuz the rock-n-roll is classic.

I tried getting Sex & The City series 5 on the queue but I accidentally added Tales of a Teenage Drama Queen instead
mad.gif
Doh! damn it.

saw.jpg

SAW

Pete was right if you didn't see this movie yet it's a must add to your movie queue and be sure to bump it up to the top. If you like the movie Seven with Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman, then you'll love SAW. There's some similiarities but where this movie holds it's own is in the pace, which is a bit faster and also it's fear factor, definately more scarier.

I have to admit that while watching it I thought they lost control of the storyline in an effort to built up the ending. Ha! Was I wrong! I give this movie 4 out of 5 Pete's Blue Drinks.

Thanks Rafaito.

More suggestions for you martial arts enthusiasts.

Kung Fu Hustle. Hilarious, great effects, great comedy. The most fun you can have with your pants on.

Ong Bak, if you want to see some pretty damn innovative martial arts, Muay Thai style then this is the pic for you.

The plotline is paper thin. I think I suggested this in this thrad already but fuckit, here I go again. It's worth it just for the action which there is plenty of.

The fight scenes seem so real that it adds to the brutality.

I wanna see Shao lin Soccer which ios by the same director. Hear good things about it. Supposed to be funny and exciting.

Thanks but no thanks, I'm more of a HERO, Crouching Tiger type of Martial Arts fan. Which reminds me I need to add House of the Flying Daggers to my queue.

On a side note I did see Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events this weekend as well. Yet another movie for Jim Carrey to over act in. I would save this movie for those lazy rainy Sundays that everyone is inside with nothing to do. The kids should enjoy it.

Rafi, do you have Netflix or Blockbuster? I have both, but I HATE Blockbuster cuz everything is a short wait.

I have Blockbuster, true a lot of the stuff is short wait but I still get it within a week of sending back the movies. I checked out Netflix but they give you one less movie for the same price, which adds up to 4 dvds a month difference.

Shadowman's useless tidbit:The mailman prefers netflix cause they fit in the mailbox better.

I like Netflix cuz I get my movies right away. I put it in the mail on Monday, they receive it Tuesday morning, I get a new DVD on Wednesday. I can't beat that. I can beat you tho *slap*

Pete, I think I'll drag the hubby to see that Kung Fu movie this weekend.

How many movies do you have in your queue?

I can have three out at a time. I get them even faster cuz sometimes I don't even watch them, just make a copy & send it out the next day
laugh.gif
so even tho I only take out three at a time I might get like 18 dvd's a month.

Here's what's on my list..

Shaun of the Dead [WS] R Available Now
Grudge PG13 Available Now
Babylon 5: The Complete Second Season - Disc 1 NR Available Now
Schindler's List [WS] R Long Wait
24: Season 1 - Disc 1 NR Short Wait
Babylon 5: The Complete Second Season - Disc 2 NR Available Now
Village [WS] PG13 Available Now
Spanglish [WS] PG13 Available Now
Babylon 5: The Complete Second Season - Disc 3 NR Available Now
24: Season 1 - Disc 2 NR Available Now
Men of Honor [WS] R Short Wait
Babylon 5: The Complete Second Season - Disc 4 NR available Now
Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story [WS] PG13 Available Now
24: Season 1 - Disc 3 NR Available Now
Babylon 5: The Complete Second Season - Disc 5 NR Available Now
Glory R Available Now
24: Season 1 - Disc 4 NR Available Now
Babylon 5: The Complete Second Season - Disc 6 NR Available Now
Incredibles [P&S] PG Long Wait
24: Season 1 - Disc 5 NR Available Now
Shrek 2 [WS] PG Available Now
24: Season 1 - Disc 6 NR Available Now
Ocean's Twelve [WS] PG13 Available Now
Suspect Zero [WS] R Available Now
Leon: The Professional [Deluxe Edition] NR Short Wait
Notebook PG13 Available Now
Terminal [WS] PG13 Available Now
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl PG13 Long Wait
Dawn of the Dead [WS] [Unrated] NR Available Now
Forgotten [WS] PG13 Available Now
Steven Spielberg Presents Taken - Disc 1 NR Available Now
Steven Spielberg Presents Taken - Disc 2 NR Available Now
Steven Spielberg Presents Taken - Disc 3 NR Available Now
Steven Spielberg Presents Taken - Disc 4 NR Available Now
Steven Spielberg Presents Taken - Disc 5 NR Available Now
Steven Spielberg Presents Taken - Disc 6 NR Available Now
Blade 2 R Short Wait
Blessed R Short Wait
Collateral [WS] R Available Now
Ring [WS] PG13 Available Now
28 Days Later [WS] R Available Now
Chappelle's Show: Season 1 - Uncensored - Disc 1 NR Short Wait
House of Flying Daggers PG13 Available Now

Battlestar Galatica - If you saw the network televised episode then you don't need to rent the first season disc.
Weird that the whole first season would fit on one disc, anywho I added the second season to my queue.

Rafi I see you're a sci fi FREAK
crazy.gif

The hubby has Blockbuster, I have Netflix. I have like 142 items on the queue and the majority are dramas, comedies, foreign films and a few cartoons for the baby.

Maria, don't forget to try and find those 3 Dominican York movies that were out a couple of years ago: Raising Victor Vargas, Washington Heights, and Manito...

Thanks for the recommendation, Bobby. I watched Raising Victor Vargas on Sunday morning and boy did I laugh and laugh. I loved the grandma, she was my favorite character. I would have liked a more dramatic ending but overall I liked the movie. My daughter liked it too. I told her "I ain't sending you to Washington Heights by yourself cono" LOL

I also watched Sex and the City, the 5th series. I got rid of HBO in 2002 cuz it was way too expensive and one of the things I missed was watching S&TC on Sunday nights by myself. So I ordered the DVD and I was so freakin happy just laying on my bed watching where I left off 3 years ago.

My next DVD's are S&TC series 6. Maybe I'll order a horror movie for the kids.

Back