DaUnknownAdmin.Com
  • Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for DOFCH.Com, Freestyle.FM, and WhatChaMissin.Com. (There's also a tiny gaming clan forum.) You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

need some assistance....

chuckie

FFM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
So i got all my stuff setup to broadcast online. The one thing i'm having an issue with is the Mic stuff. The mic outputs to the speakers, but i can't get it to output to the computer to do talkovers/announcments/shout outs etc.

I have a DJIO audio device. it has 2 outputs, one to the master, one to the monitor. the Mic outputs to the master output. How would i go about getting this to the computer?

I'm guessing running the outputs from the DJIO to the computers input or something like that. Or do i just need a better Audio interface?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

This is an issue that has been plaguing me for a while. I had it working for a bit and me and wiz did a show and it worked fine. Then just before our second show it wouldnt work, then we bought another one but didnt have the same options to have the mic work at the same time with the "what you can hear" option. But then I got it to work again but lost use to the usb ports so we couldnt do another show.

Then I got a new computer but its vista and for whatever reason the soundcard wont give me the same options as when it was on my laptop with xp. And yes I used the updated vista driver. I've tried googlin by problem but that led me in different directions. But last nite I went to youtube and thankfully I found a solution. Youtube is a wonderful place so I'd try my best to find a solution there if possible. Just a suggestion.

Any FFM DJ's have any ideas?

No one else here that does shows, has any suggestions on how to get a mic working to broadcast?

I do know the mic has to be plugged into the card that you use for the main output and not the preview, but you probably know that lol.

I do know the mic has to be plugged into the card that you use for the main output and not the preview, but you probably know that lol.

I do, but the output goes to a stereo/speakers and that doesn't do much for the computer.

The mic on the DJ i/o has not worked since the update of the firmware last summer.

The mic on the DJ i/o has not worked since the update of the firmware last summer.

/sigh Know of any other usb audio devices that have a working mic? i'm wondering if i should get a RMX and be like Tear!

This reminds of a Motherboard I updated the bios for. I flashed it with the new update and it went all bonkers on me. I had to flash it again with an older version and pow, just like new.

Hey Tear, do you know if they provide users with older firmware updates? If so maybe they can install the older firmware?

But before you guys do anything be sure to double check with the company that makes your gear. Sometimes you can make things worse than they are. Better to do some research before trying anything.

I hope you can all figure it out. I personally I can't wait to here Homer mumbling on air again.

I blew in a call to my friend Simon, from Numark, and sent Raf a pm regarding this. You guys are going to enjoy what I'm working on next....:cool:

I blew in a call to my friend Simon, from Numark, and sent Raf a pm regarding this. You guys are going to enjoy what I'm working on next....:cool:

Sweet, i can't wait! Thanks Tear!

I guess those logitech usb headset mics wont work? I got one and even though i dont use shows i enjoy using them alot.

Ok chuckie, I think I understand a little more now.

I do have a question I need answered and I'm sure we can resovle this.

Its dual output but in mixmeister do you have both your main output and your preview output set to this sound card. You should only have one of them set up with that card and the other with your internal card.

For example:

On my old computer I had my main output going to my external card with my mic hooked into that and the external card hooked up to my stereo with speakers. So with it set like this, everything that played through the speakers would be broadcast for the show. Then my Preview was set to my internal which I would connect to my other receiver with headphones right into that (although I could have just put headphone right into my jack in my laptop, I just preferred it louder this way). This is what I used to do the actual mix with and would not come through over the internet.

With my new computer I was unable to set it up this way. Instead I had to switch it around so that my main output was set with my internal card and my preview is set to my external. This is the only way I can get my mic to come through.

So if one is not working for you, try switching them around.

The fact that you have the mic coming through the speakers through your soundcard is a good thing and sounds like your real close.

Feel free to call, it will be much easier to walk you through this and or help you troubleshoot the problem. Let me know how you make out.

Back