DaUnknownAdmin.Com
  • Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for DOFCH.Com, Freestyle.FM, and WhatChaMissin.Com. (There's also a tiny gaming clan forum.) You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

Need For Speed: Most Wanted

DJCaliente007

Freestyler Xtreme
Need for Speed: Most Wanted

We talked with senior producer Larry LaPierre about Electronic Arts' new venture for the uber best-selling Need for Speed series.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Games Domain: What are some of the major improvements that NFS: Most Wanted will offer over recent NFS games?

Larry LaPierre: The Need for Speed Underground team is always striving to deliver a fresh and innovative gameplay experience. In Most Wanted, we're challenging gamers to become the most notorious and elusive street racer. We've made illicit street racing more challenging and fun by combining it will the intensity of strategic cop pursuits. Players will encounter cops throughout the open-world where they must master the art of police evasion; we're talking intelligent in-game cops where they'll use a number of different techniques and strategies to bust you. It'll take skill to get away.

Another major improvement in the game is that players can customize their rides to race against any class of vehicles. We have a wide variety of cars to choose from including import tuners, super cars, muscle cars and sports cars. This makes for some interesting car class rivalries.

GD: What about damage modeling? What has stopped other NFS games from including realistic damage?

LP: For the Need for Speed series, the key for gameplay was to ground it in the realism and reality of the core feel of these awesome cars/machines and at the same time really understand what you need to exaggerate it so that the "feel" translates to a fun video game experience.

The focus of past Need for Speed Underground games was solely on delivering an exciting street racing game that truly represented the tuner culture. The damage model was not needed to deliver a great street racing game. This year, the team is focused on creating a game that truly captures the intensity of cop pursuits; an experience that rivals any chase scene you would see in a film or on TV. We've balanced vehicle damage in the game to make it fun for the player and to capture those epic Hollywood style police pursuit moments.

GD: What kind of input does your chase expert provide? Can you give us an example of the tactics the police will use?

LP: It's too early to give out all the details but as I mentioned before, the cops in the game are smart. They'll use a number of tactics and technology, like boxing you in from all sides, to catch you. Players will have to use skill and strategy to evade the cops.

GD: Will the handheld versions of the game play similarly to the other releases? Can you tell us a little about them?

LP: The handheld versions of the game will take advantage of the system's unique capabilities (e.g., portability and wireless connectivity, etc). Again, it's too early to give out all the details but for all Need for Speed Most Wanted games across the board, the goal is to deliver the thrill of illicit street racing with the intensity of cop pursuits. Players will experience this regardless which version they are playing.

GD: What challenges does developing across so many platforms raise? Is there one version that's the "lead", or are they all at similar stages of development? What does next gen version offer over other platforms?

LP: For the Xbox 360, the infinite detail that can be visually achieved on the cars and in the environment is jaw-dropping. We're using new and innovative technology to create detailed cars and environments that are only possible on a next gen platform. For example, we use a new technique called "laser scanning" on the licensed cars to capture the surface textures of the vehicle with the resolution of 250 microns, basically a pin head. This allows us to generate amazing details on the cars down to the flecks in the paint. This is just one example of the level of detail and possibility of next gen gameplay.

When gamers pick up the game, they'll instantly notice how realistic the Need for Speed Most Wanted world really is. Overall, we are really pleased with how we have been able to keep the efforts separate from current gen and next gen to take advantage of the unique capabilities of each system to deliver to players a fun and unique street racing experience.

GD: Does any of the NFS team own particularly distinctive cars?

LP: I'm lucky enough to have picked up a sweet "second hand" M5... my dream car! It allows me to take the family to the grocery store and still have some fun on my way to and from work.

GD: What's one cool thing about the game that gamers should look forward to this fall?

LP: We've all had that intense moment when the red and blue lights flash in our rear view mirror and we grip the steering wheel so tight, our knuckles go white. And I know more often than not, we've probably daydreamed about hitting the gas and schooling the cops. Maybe it's just my daydream or maybe it's watching too many chase scenes in films, but this fall, gamers can experience the thrill of a cat-and-mouse cop pursuit without the repercussions.

shot001241.jpg

xenon0013.jpg

nfsx_habib-image119.jpg

The hell with that shit I can't wait when this comes out!

¡Me encanta ese juego! I love this game!

Back