DaUnknownAdmin.Com
  • Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for DOFCH.Com, Freestyle.FM, and WhatChaMissin.Com. (There's also a tiny gaming clan forum.) You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

My question of the day.

Ted

Freestyle.FM Referee
Staff member
Administrator
DOFCH.COM
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Ok, to all the people who go out to these freestyle shows. How do you feel about the back up dancers some of these artist have? Is it necessary? Does it add or take away from the show? I'll post my opinion after you guys give me yours... Please be honest.

They don't have too many shows out here like how y'all have on the east coast but dancers are almost always a plus. The only time I don't like them having dancers is when a female act will have male dancers :rolleyes:.

Guys love dancers, the more hot chicks on stage, the better. When an artist goes up there solo it comes across as if they're just trying to get it over with. Nevermind the fact that many of the fans have seen most of these acts several times so at least add something unique or new to it.

The only time I think it MIGHT be better for an artist to not have dancers would be if the artist is a CURRENT headline/main event "NOW" type act at that point in time. I say that as in that case the artist already owns the room, the fans are there to see that artist & don't care about anything else really. In those situations, dancers could become a distraction or people in the crowd might have a more difficult time paying attention to the act (the way they want to). But seriously people, is there any act like that in freestyle anymore? The last act in the genre that might have been that type of act was probably Buffy (1995/1996). Isaac (In My Heart) was in demand back in 1996/1997 kinda, he had dancers and I think it made the show better.

I'm trying to imagine why fans would not want to see dancers. It makes the overall show more live.

A perfect example of when it might be better without dancers would be like a Justin Beiber status act but he's not freestyle so that probably wouldn't apply here. Those chicks are looking to see him and only him. Anything else could come off as a stall tactic or some type of diversion, lol.

I agree In some instances the Dancers are a plus, and that’s only when they have solid routines and are in good physical condition..lol
Unfortunately Lately from what I have been seeing in these videos, the dancers are more of an un needed entity and distraction from the artist. [SIZE=+0]Especially when you have 2 dancers and one artist sharing a 3 x 3 stage area. I think when the stage is that small it works against you. I think it would be a more entertaining if the artist themselves would dance and get the crowd going in those instances. I remember seeing K7 pull off a routine on a small stage and it was as much entertaining as the music itself. They set a great example of stage presence and entertainment. Another solid example would be Stefanie Bennett, Even though she has performers she can get down with them as well and creates a good blend not like some I've seen who barely move while their dancers are all over the place.[/SIZE]

ok lol , i love when they have backup dancers that are dreesed to a tee and like Ted said have a tight routine and are in good shape, this makes for a great show, unfortunately i've been to more shows where the backup dancers look like they just rolled off their couches with frumpy clothes on , in one case i thought this one girl was in mismatched scrubs and also and i feel bad saying this butttttt...............there is nohing sexy about a 300lb chick with skin tight jeans on shaking it all out of sync all over the stage :sniffle: a performance without dancers depends on who the artist is, thats my thoughts Ted ;)

Back