• Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for WhatChaMissin.Com, Freestyle.FM and other sites. You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

My bio

Ted

Freestyle.FM Referee
Staff member
Administrator
DOFCH.COM
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Hello everyone,
I figured we can use this thread for bios: Back In late 87 I believe I started to learn to DJ.. It all started in a club called the Underground. I always loved the hear a good DJ spin, but it wasn't until I heard a DJ spin and mix freestyle that I was hooked. I started on some belt driven Gemini's.(they sucked or was that just me??). I was at it until around 90 -91.. Circumstances forced me to sell or my gear and my music.. I still went to my friends house and played a bit but nothing like I used to...So I stopped altogether.

In 2003 I found a site called Phat Mix.com and he had mixes real old schools style mixes even better they were freestyle. One of the DJ's that submitted mixes was DJ Paradise. One mixes had the track "Walk Away" by Jammy. My wife heard it and we went to New York to try and find it, during the search I bought some mixes and listened to them for the entire 3 hr drive home. it was then that I found clubfreestyle and was introduced to DJ Paradise. I bought all his mixes and as much freestyle I could find. I wanted to DJ again but didn't want to have to buy all the Vinyl again.. I had no clue you could mix with cds at this point. In 2004 I started the Disciples Of Freestyle 24/7 iradio, it was just random rotation no live shows.. In June of 2005 When DJ Paradise ended the long running "Freestyle File mix show" He kind of passed the torch so to speak.. 2 months later I started the "Disciples Of Freestyle Live Request show" I pretty much played what anyone requested same as I do today. early 06 I was called by DJ Bryski and asked why don't I mix.. Well that started it, in 2006 I was back to mixing,, the rest is history.

My Equipment:
Numark cdn-90
2x Numark ttx Tables
Denon DND-500 Mixer
Denon D6000-CDJ
Roland sp-303 Sampler
Shure Mic & Stand

As Far as software goes, I'm not really into software, but I do sometimes Use Adobe Audition to record or clean some mixes up...but lately I have been thinking I may have to learn how to mix with software.. I just can't keep up with the DJs that do use it, they have such an unlimited resource..and can do stuff I can never do using equipment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chuck

Who?
Staff member
Administrator
DOFCH.COM
FreestyleMania.com
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
NYFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
nice bio Ted. Can I just copy and paste urs into mine, its way more interesting.

One of the DJ's that submitted mixes was DJ Paradise. One mixes had the track "Walk Away" by Jammy. My wife heard it and we went to New York to try and find it, during the search I bought some mixes and listened to them for the entire 3 hr drive home. it was then that I found clubfreestyle and was introduced to DJ Paradise. I bought all his mixes and as much freestyle I could find. I wanted to DJ again but didn't want to have to buy all the Vinyl again.. I had no clue you could mix with cds at this point. In 2004 I started the Disciples Of Freestyle 24/7 iradio, it was just random rotation no live shows.. In June of 2005 When DJ Paradise ended the long running "Freestyle File mix show" He kind past the torch so to speak..

I got teary eye'd reading this, really! Its kinda hard to explain because not everyone knows about "them days"....But every time you play Paradise's edit mixes I feel so emotional about it. :blah: I get the feeling that you do too. And now I see why!

I'm glad he "passed the torch" over to you, because your show involves everything the Freestyle File wanted and accomplished; it was all for the freestyle fans and their requests---no matter how farfetched the requests were...LOL. This made for a great read Ted, ty for sharing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DougB

DOFCH.COM
DOFCH.COM
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Great bio, Ted.

Wow, right when you temporarily left DJing was the time I started at KDPS. Nothing wrong with taking a break as you proved you still have it in your heart and the rest is history.