• Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for WhatChaMissin.Com, Freestyle.FM and other sites. You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

MixMiester Masters I need some guidence

Greasy

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Yo guys and gals fellow Mixers & DJs -

Couple of questions -

1. what's the best way you've found to use an overlay rtrack and are there any tips you can give to best control it ?

-I cant figure out how to turn it off or adjust volume for the overlay track once it starts ?the 2ndtrack volume is the only one that I can control ?

2. for the little effects box (under the Playlist)can you insert a sample such as a drop if so how (this might be in the tutorial but i tried it twice and still couldnt get it to work )

3. how do you best isolate one word or beat? I cant get it to go exactly where I want , it only goes from beat to beat or at the end of a mesure ? I am pretty sure its in the song slicer function but if you do it by switching to Turnstyle then does that throw the pitch off ?

well I hope it doesnt seem like I am cutting corners but I am just trying to get to know the full functionality of the software so I can use it creatively.:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

Chuck

Who?
Staff member
Administrator
DOFCH.COM
FreestyleMania.com
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
NYFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Pm me your #, I'll call you tom nite. I'm not sure exactly what you are looking to do with each question so the best way for me to know it by talking to you.

As far as the samples under the playlist, that is mostly for live mixing (i believe). But I think while its playing, you can just click it and it will add to your mix. Now if you're looking for the best way to sample something to put in the box, that's a dif story. I honestly haven't messed with it in a while. When I talk to you, i can help better.

WickedBeats

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Is Mixmeister a good program? On a scale of 1 to 100, where does it lie? 1 to 10 seems to easy.

Can I make mixes using my old cassettes? What do I do, just upload songs and arrange them and let the Mixmeister beat match?

Can anyone send me a link that is to a mix 100% created with MixMeister?

Wizkid

NHBFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Personally I like Mixmeister...but I havent used any other program to mix so I have nothing to compare it to. Mixmeister will beat match for you but I have found that I never really just go with that match. If you want to use cassettes to make mixes, I believe you would have to get a program that allows you to make mp3 files from the cassette contents.

Homer and perhaps others are much more versed with Mixmeister than I am - they can probably help you more with some of the more intricate tricks of using that particular program....I found that just tinkering with it and trial and error go a long way toward learning to use it...and the tutorials will show you the basics and help you familiarize yourself with some of the general features.

As for mixes that were done using Mixmeister, you can listen to one I did - it can be found here http://freestyle.fm/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=93

Good luck and please feel free to ask questions if you need help :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Produkt

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
y4, wiz kid i5 righ+, mixmi3r5+3r i5 g00d 8u+ +i d035 n0+ m4+ch +h3 834+ p3rf3c+, y0u 5+i|| h4\/3 +0 m355 wi+h i+, i+ c4n.. 83 fu5+r4+ing 4+ +im35 8u+ 0\/3r 4|| i+5 4 g00d pr0gr4m. I wi|| r4+3 i+ wh3n i +ry 0u+ Vir+u4| DJ |4+3r 0n +hi5 w33k, i|| gi\/3 y0u my 0pini0n 0n i+..

noob translation....
I will give you my personal rating after i try out Virtual DJ this weekend...:eek:

Chuck

Who?
Staff member
Administrator
DOFCH.COM
FreestyleMania.com
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
NYFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I agree with Wiz. The program will attempt to match the beats for you but many times it don't sound right, or its just not where you want the transition to take place. I NEVER go by what it does. The program does a better job with house music though and they sound pretty good.

In the next couple weeks I'm gonna attempt to try to do a tutorial or two lol.

Here is a mix I did a while back. http://freestyle.fm/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=16

And I'm gonna upload a mix i did earlier this year then I'll post it here.

There are a lot of things you can do with the program once you start fooling around with it and figure it out. It's great for newbies and great for those who get advanced. If you can think it up, you can usually do it.

There are some things that can get a little frustrating at times but you find ways to get around it.

The program is not perfect but does keep improving with each version.

I'd have to give it a 93. It's not perfect but does so much. But like the others, i have not used any other program to mix with.

Mix Meister is a really cool program to use. Although its more sequencing that actually mixing. But still really good program I give it a 95%. You may have to manually re beatmap your tracks due to them being transferred from vinyl. But "YES" I say get the program.

WickedBeats

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Mix Meister is a really cool program to use. Although its more sequencing that actually mixing. But still really good program I give it a 95%. You may have to manually re beatmap your tracks due to them being transferred from vinyl. But "YES" I say get the program.
What is a good suggested price to pay for MixMeister?

I want to make some jams!!!!

Produkt

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
y0 Gr345y!! I ju5+ fini5h3d m355ing wih+ \/ir+u4| DJ 4nd i+ i5 r34||y nic3... i+'5 m0r3 0f 4 Mixing pr0gr4m |ik3 4 DJ, y0u g3+ +w0 +urn+48|35 4nd 4 mix3r wi+h 3ff3c+5 4nd 5+uff,,,, i+5 4w50m3 8u+ i+'5 m0r3 4 4 "|i\/3" DJ pr0gr4m. Mixmi35+3r i5 |ik3 4n 3di+ing 50f+w4r3.. 80+h +0g3+h3r wi|| d0 w0nd3r5!! I r3c0m3nd i+...

Produkt

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
aighttt!!!!!