DaUnknownAdmin.Com
  • Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for DOFCH.Com, Freestyle.FM, and WhatChaMissin.Com. (There's also a tiny gaming clan forum.) You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

METS WIN

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Pedro pitches a complete game, while Wright and Beltran provide the offensive punch. Great first win for Willie and the Mets, hopefully they can get on a role and win a few in a row to make up for bad start.

Go METS!

bananarock.gif

yep was watchin the game also then i left it when i knew they had it

if pedro keeps doing what he doing now in his pitching i see the mets coming hard at the end

I'm not a METS fan, but with Willie leading the team I definately want to see them do good. They'll need more than Pedro but I agree he is a big key to their success.

the injuries they have to their staff does not help...but its good to get the 1st one out the way...i think this is a good start and the crowd will have them hyped up 2mow in the home opener....

i will be there and im sure it will be great!...

<marquee direction=down behavior=alternate><marquee behavior=alternate width='90%'><span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>WOO-HOO!! LET'S GO METS  
bananarock.gif
</span></marquee></marquee>

It's on to the home opener! Any bets?

They're lucky that they have Pedro cuz otherwise I wouldn't watch the Mets LOL Great job!
tounge.gif
 I watched it too. I would like to see them win the World Series this year (well the red sox first of course, then in second the Mets LOL) Damnit when is Football season? *sad*

Do the Mets have any "rival" teams that they supposedly hate? I'm just thinking of the whole Red Sox/Yankee thing that normally gets on my nerves.

They play Houston and Pettitte is pitching!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MaNnY929 @ April 11 2005, 11:25 am)]Hmmmmmm..... I think Houston has this one
Shaddap Manny!
lol.gif

Pettitte has pitch pretty good, but no wins so far will make him hungry!

Mets 8, Astros 4

NEW YORK (AP) - Kaz Matsui hit a tiebreaking single with two outs in the eighth inning, and the New York Mets won their home opener by rallying past the Houston Astros 8-4 on Monday.

Matsui also drove in a run with a bunt single, Tom Glavine threw six solid innings and Jose Reyes used his speed to send the Mets to their second consecutive victory following an 0-5 start.

Morgan Ensberg had three hits and an RBI for Houston, which had won four in a row after an opening-day loss to St. Louis.

With the Mets trailing 4-3 in the eighth, Victor Diaz drew a one-out walk from Russ Springer (0-1) and went to third on a single by pinch-hitter Marlon Anderson.

Reyes then hit a comebacker to Springer, who made an ill-advised decision to try for an inning-ending double play instead of holding the runner at third.

Anderson took out shortstop Adam Everett, and Reyes easily beat the wild throw to first as Diaz scored the tying run.

Reyes stole second on the next pitch and scored on Matsui's single to center.

After an intentional walk to Carlos Beltran, Ramon Castro hit a popup to shallow right and the ball dropped when second baseman Craig Biggio and right fielder Jason Lane collided.

Lane was charged with an error, allowing another run to score.

Cliff Floyd followed with a two-run single off ex-Met John Franco, making it 8-4.

Roberto Hernandez (1-0) got the win. He entered with a runner on second and none out in the eighth and prevented further damage.

An RBI double by pinch-hitter Jose Vizcaino off Dae-Sung Koo in the top of the eighth put Houston ahead 4-3.

Ensberg started the inning with a double and scored on Lane's triple off Manny Aybar, tying it at 3.

Everett cut New York's lead to 3-2 with an RBI single off Aybar in the seventh.

The Mets were coming off their first win of the season, an energizing 6-1 victory Sunday in Atlanta behind Pedro Martinez's two-hitter and Beltran's go-ahead homer.

And they went up 3-1 in the sixth by scratching out three runs against Andy Pettitte without hitting the ball hard.

Diaz tied it with a looping RBI single to right - Lane might have been able to make the play but he first broke back on the ball.

Pinch-hitter Miguel Cairo drove in the go-ahead run with a bloop single, and Matsui's bunt single made it 3-1.

Ensberg's two-out RBI double off the right-field wall gave Houston the lead in the first.

Pettitte heard plenty of boos in his return to New York. The left-hander pitched nine seasons for the Yankees from 1995-03 and helped them win four World Series titles.

He allowed three runs and nine hits in 5 1-3 innings.

Glavine was much better than his last start, when he lasted only 3 2-3 innings in Cincinnati. He gave up one run and four hits, striking out six.

The left-hander still has not lost to Houston since June 4, 1995, with Atlanta. He has won his last 10 decisions against the Astros.
---------------------------------------------------------

WOO HOO
biggrin.gif
bananarock.gif

Woo Hoo, just 3 more wins and they'll be .500!
GGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOO MMMMMMMEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTSSSSSS!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FreestyleChulo @ April 12 2005, 5:13 pm)]it was great watching the rally right behind home plate....

the atmosphere at the stadium was electric....
Do you get to go to most of the games Chulo?

Back