• Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for WhatChaMissin.Com, Freestyle.FM and other sites. You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

METS WIN

FreestyleChulo

Freestyler Xtreme

Mike Piazza holds up the ball after tagging out Jeff Conine at the plate to save a run in the eighth on Cliff Floyd's 14th outfield assist. (Bill Kostroun/AP)

Jacobs lifts Mets over Marlins in 12
After intentional walk to Piazza, rookie's RBI single wins it
By Marty Noble / MLB.com

print this page | e-mail this page
NEW YORK -- To a man unaccustomed to baseball-free Octobers, the very notion of finding reward in spoiling another team's September is foreign. In a real sense, Willie Randolph has been spoiled by his many successes, so he finds no reward in being a spoiler.
The Mets manager said as much Tuesday afternoon and even denigrated the act. "Spoiling is for losers," he said.

His team seemed to take the role, though, if not the concept. Within hours of Randolph's expression of disdain, the Mets overcame a run at a no-hitter by A.J. Burnett and, eventually, the Marlins, too. Their paucity of hits aside, they won and made it even more unlikely this Fish Story will have a happy ending.

Not that the Mets' season will end anymore happily now because of the 12-inning, 3-2 victory, but as David Wright said when it was all over, "It's better to win that it is to lose."

And at times -- particularly in the third week of September -- that seemingly self-evident thought bears repeating.

September had drained the Mets of hope long before Mike Jacobs found enough room between Carlos Delgado and first base to pull his game-winning single Tuesday night. But, regardless of the month, it was a last-pitch hit by a player unfamiliar with that kind of success in the big leagues.

"Anything good you do helps your confidence," Mike Piazza said.

Another self-evident truth.

It didn't matter to Jacobs or Piazza, Wright or Randolph that the Marlins were the victims, or that the final at-bat victory had put Florida three games behind Wild Card-leading Houston. Indeed, though losing hurt the Marlins more than winning helped the Mets, the Mets would have traded places.

"I'd prefer it was the other way around. That we were in it," Randolph said. "I'd rather be in it and lose one night."

But to want to be a spoiler? No, not for Randolph. To him, it's fingernails on the blackboard.

"It means you're out of it," he said. "I don't want my players talking satisfaction from it. Feel good that we won, just like we did all year. Be happy for what we did."

What the Mets had done was this: Come from behind to win for the 32nd time this season, win in extra innings for the seventh time in 13 tries, win in their final at-bat for the 14th time, and on a game's final pitch for the seventh time.

And not to be overlooked, they have won consecutive games for the first time since Aug. 25 and 26.

They accomplished all that when Jacobs singled with two out against Brian Moehler to score Wright from second base. Moehler (6-10) had retired the first two batters in the 12th, but Wright doubled and, after Piazza was walked intentionally, Jacobs made a winning pitcher of Aaron Heilman (5-3) with the Mets' fourth hit of the game.

They hadn't come particularly close to a hit through six innings. Piazza made solid contact in the second and fifth innings, lining out and flying out to right. Odd that it was Piazza who, after being retired by Burnett for the third time Tuesday, had merely four hits in 32 career at-bats against the Marlins starter. The .125 average is the lowest average Piazza has against any pitcher he has faced at least 25 times.

Victor Diaz led off the seventh with a soft, bloop double over Delgado's head. The Mets' second hit, a rocket single off the right-field wall by Cliff Floyd one batter later, tied the score. The Mets had scored in the fourth on an error, a stolen base by Jose Reyes and a wild pitch.

Burnett allowed two hits and one walk, while striking out nine.

The Marlins had scored their two runs against Kris Benson in the second inning when Paul Lo Duca hit his sixth home run with two outs, and in the seventh, when Delgado led off with his 32nd home run. The home runs were the eighth and ninth Benson has allowed in his last five starts (32 innings). He had allowed 14 in his first 128 2/3 innings.

Benson now has made six starts -- four losses and a no decision -- since his last victory on Aug. 16. He allowed four hits and four walks in seven innings.

With Benson gone, the Marlins nearly scored against Victor Zambrano in the eighth, but Floyd made another brilliant throw to cut down Jeff Conine at the plate for the third out, taking Juan Encarnacion's base hit in left-center and producing his 14th assist. Floyd leads the National League in outfield assists.

His throw, remarkably accurate, arrived an instant before Conine, who essentially slid into the tag, knocked Piazza over but not out.

September has been a rough one, but I take solice that we are still playing hard. Basically for me, my department is trying to finish off the year strong in sales and get things in gear for next season.

STANDINGS
Team W L Pct GB
Braves 86 65 .570 -
Phillies 80 71 .530 6
Marlins 79 72 .523 7
Nationals 77 74 .510 9
Mets 74 76 .493 11 ½

WILD CARD
Team GB
Astros -
Phillies 2
Marlins 3
Nationals 5
Mets 7 ½

Pedro plans to return at midseason

Associated Press
Posted: 2 hours ago

SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic - Pedro Martinez said he is making strides in his rehab, but doesn't expect to return the New York Mets' rotation until midseason.

"The rehabilitation process is better than expected," Martinez said.
The three-time Cy Young Award winner is recovering from shoulder surgery.

Martinez said he was in the initial phase of rehabilitation and planned to step up treatment in January. He will travel to Florida next week for another checkup.

"I am going for a checkup every two weeks, because this is what we agreed with the doctors," he said.

Martinez also said he is not going to change the way he pitches.

"I am not planning to make changes in my windup in any way," he said. "This is how I have had success and I'll keep doing it."

Glavine, Mets agree on one-year, $10.5M deal

Ken Rosenthal / FOXSports.com
Posted: 5 minutes ago

So much for the romantic notion of free-agent left-hander Tom Glavine returning to the Braves.

Glavine is returning to the Mets on a one-year, $10.5 million contract, FOXSports.com has learned.
The deal includes a vesting option for 2008 that would become guaranteed if Glavine pitched 160 innings next season.

The option would be worth $9 million starting at 160 innings, escalating by $1 million for every 10 innings to a maximum of $13 million for 200 innings or more.

However, even if Glavine reaches the minimum innings threshold, he reserves the right to decline the option.

Glavine, 40, had promised the Mets a decision by the winter meetings, which begin Monday in Orlando, Fla.

The Braves were unable to move quickly enough to secure him to a new deal, and never even made him an offer.

The decision means that Glavine likely will earn the 10 wins he needs for 300 in a Mets' uniform.

The Mets' next target almost certainly will be free-agent left-hander Barry Zito, who met Thursday with the Rangers.

The Braves never stated publicly that they wanted to re-sign Glavine, who pitched for them from 1987 to 2002.

In the end, they simply faced too many obstacles in trying to bring him back to Atlanta.

Among the issues:

The Braves probably did not want to give Glavine more than they pay right-hander John Smoltz, who will earn $8 million next season.

Braves general manager John Schuerholz does not issue no-trade clauses. The Mets were willing to grant Glavine full no-trade protection.

The Braves sought to trade right-hander Tim Hudson to clear money for Glavine, but Schuerholz was said to be asking too high a price, seeking both quality talent and financial relief.

Hudson signed with the Braves for a discount because of his desire to play in Atlanta. If traded, his new team might control him for only one season; Hudson could demand a trade as a player dealt in the middle of a multi-year contract. Though such players rarely exercise their right to become a free agent if no deal is completed, Hudson almost certainly would be unhappy with a trade.

The past friction between Schuerholz and Glavine — stemming from Glavine's departure for the Mets as a free agent after the 2002 season — might have further increased the difficulty of completing a deal.

Ken Rosenthal is FOXSports.com's senior baseball writer.

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Oc·to·ber (noun )

Abbreviation: Oct.

1. the tenth month of the year, containing 31 days.
  2. British. ale or beer traditionally brewed in this month.
  3. The month that separates the men from the boys in baseball.
Well at least you have a team that's fun to watch (prior to October). :p

shadowman

Freestyle and DDR Junkie
DOFCH.COM
Freestyle Nation
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
LatinFreestyle.Com
Oc·to·ber (noun )

Abbreviation: Oct.

1. the tenth month of the year, containing 31 days.
  2. British. ale or beer traditionally brewed in this month.
  3. The month that separates the men from the boys in baseball.
Well at least you have a team that's fun to watch (prior to October). :p
You are so mean, Rafa! That post was so eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevviiilllll buahahahaa

Chuck

Who?
Staff member
Administrator
DOFCH.COM
FreestyleMania.com
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
NYFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
DIDNT THE MET'S MANAGER SAY SOMETHING LIKE THIS "When we taste the champagne at the end of the season it will taste a lot sweeter." BACK AROUND SEPTEMBER 18. HAHAHAHA, I BET IT TASTES BITTER NOW. GO PHILLIES!!!

FEISTY

DOFCH.COM
DOFCH.COM
Let"s Goooooo Boston!