DaUnknownAdmin.Com
  • Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for DOFCH.Com, Freestyle.FM, and WhatChaMissin.Com. (There's also a tiny gaming clan forum.) You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

Lady Gaga Gets Serious In "Alejandro" Video

varrinique

FM MoDz
Freestyle Nation
FreestyleMania.com
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
NYFreestyle.Com
MaximumFreestyle.Com
LatinFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays

Lady Gaga--has revealed to Barbara Walters in her 2009 "Most Interesting People" interview that she herself is bisexual. Her hit "Poker Face" expresses that topic. Lady Gaga has also been an outspoken advocate for the LGBT community. She has appeared on the cover of Out magazine, marched for gay rights in D.C., received a GLAAD Award for Outstanding Musical Artist, and headlined/hosted a benefit concert for marriage equality, among other activist activities. When she picked up her VMA moonman at last year's MTV Video Music Awards, she even proudly held it aloft and declared, "This is for God and the gays!" Lady Gaga has never expressed gay issues as directly or politically in a video as she does in her compelling new clip, "Alejandro."

In her past videos, Gaga has appeared in a futuristic wheelchair, pranced around a fiery bathhouse, and embarked on a "Thelma-&-Louise"-style road trip with Beyoncé, but in the just-premiered "Alejandro," she is serious. The black-and-white clip, which was lensed by high-fashion photographer/Madonna-collaborator Steven Klein, is a seven-minute "celebration of my love and appreciation for the gay community, my admiration of their bravery, their love for one another, and their courage in relationships," according to Gaga's June 1 interview with CNN's Larry King, during which she premiered a short teaser of the "Alejandro" video.

Now that the full video of "Alejandro" is out, we can all agree that it is a piece of performance art, open to interpretation. But the video's vaguely "Rhythm Nation"-reminiscent vibe, not to mention what Gaga described to King as its "homoerotic military theme," could be construed as a creative critique of the U.S. military's "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy. And the video's wardrobe of nun's habits and other religious imagery could be viewed as references to the Catholic Church's demonization of homosexuality.

The Catholic imagery in particular is reminiscent of works by Madonna, another pop female whose conflicted feelings about religion have been explored in her own videos such as "Oh Father" and the banned "Like a Prayer." In one of Lady Gaga's interviews with King, she says, "I struggle with my feelings about the Church in particular....in terms of religion, I'm very religious. I was raised Catholic. I believe in Jesus. I believe in God. I'm very spiritual. I pray very much. But at the same time, there is no one religion that doesn't hate or speak against or be prejudiced against another racial group or religious group, or sexual group. For that, I think religion is also bogus. So I suppose you could say I'm a quite religious woman that is very confused about religion. And I dream and envision a future where we have a more peaceful religion or a more peaceful world, a more peaceful state of mind for the younger generation. And that's what I dream for."
Video Ga Ga

The "Alejandro" video is a thank-you gift to Gaga's large and devoted LGBT fanbase, the affectionately nicknamed "Little Monsters" who have helped make her the biggest female pop star on the planet. In an interview with King, Lady Gaga says, "The gay community...has been the most enormous blessing of my life, that I have them and their support and the way that they truly understand me and support me,". "My admiration for the gay community comes from an incredibly steadfast and joyful courage and very bravery that they have for one another, for their community. To be gay and to live openly in this society is something that requires a tremendous amount of strength and steadfastness....I celebrate their culture and their union and who they are, in my music, and in my fashion, and in my work, every day. And I will forever."

"Alejandro" is controversial --no Gaga video would be complete without a little shock value-- This time, there seems to be a message behind Gaga's madness. Will people listen to what she has to say? Regardless, this is yet another Lady Gaga video that will be impossible to ignore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lady Gaga’s Extravagantly Artsy “Alejandro” Premieres on YouTube [VIDEO]

lady-gaga-alejandro-260.jpg

Here’s “[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niqrrmev4mA&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Lady Gaga - Alejandro[/nomedia],” the newest music video from YouTube uberstar Lady Gaga. It adds almost nine more minutes of music, dancing, fashion and shock value to the Internet zeitgest, and judging from Lady Gagas successes, it’s going to be a big hit.

“Alejandro” is the third single from Gaga’s 2009 album The Fame Monster, The video draws elements and visual stylings from the expressionist film movement of pre-Nazi 1920s Germany.

The 24-year old Lady Gaga (real name: Stefani Germanotta) is the biggest pop music artist recording today, having sold 15 million albums and 40 million singles. She quickly reached one billion views on YouTube, beating every other currently producing pop music act.

We don’t need to ask you to let us know whether you think Gaga is worth the fuss or not. By now, most everyone has made up his or her mind, and we expect to see that in the comments!

</HR>

<CENTER><EMBED style="VISIBILITY: visible" height=385 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/niqrrmev4mA&hl=en_US&fs=1& allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="opaque"></EMBED>
</CENTER>

I love the freedom and meaning behing the entire vid. There have been plenty of comments regarding this video on mashable and youtube so far. The majority loves it, while others don't even understand the entire message behind the vid. I have yet to see anyone commenting about religion and/or gay/lesbian/bisexual preference that the message in this video contains. Should be interesting...i'll give it a few more hours to another day before people really start diggin' in. I still love the way freedom is represented among other things. Kudos to the FEARLESS Lady Gaga!

All I can say is WOW, finally....... a woman managed to get a man into thigh highs n high heelz....the shoe is on the other foot...literally! ;)
I luv some of the kink in this!
GOOOO GAGA! (She's such a freak!)

Varri

Back