• Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for WhatChaMissin.Com, Freestyle.FM and other sites. You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

Kid Heartbreak's Top 10 Freestyle of 2010

KidHeartbreak

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Like I mentioned on another website, it seems as if there's more new freestyle songs coming out than there are actual fans looking to hear new freestyle. The positive side to all that is that there's plenty to choose from when putting together a list like this. That along with the fact that I got a little extra time between smokeouts here are the motivation to actually going thru with typing this list out. There's good songs out there that didn't wind up making this list, that's how much quality new freestyle there is out there, I'm not makin' it up, lol. So without further delay, here we go:

10. Freeze.....Greatest Love
9. Magicus.....I Can't Live Without You
8. Sammy Zone.....Running
7. Joey Kidd.....Tonight
6. Nyasia.....Tell Me Again
5. Jennifer Jimenez....Time To Say Goodbye
4. Nyasia f/ Pure Pleazure.....Broken Hearts
3. Adrienne Bailon f/ Ghostface Killah.....Take You Home
2. Pure Trend.....Who Are You
1. Pain f/ Erik Christian.....It Doesn't Matter

The songs in bold are the number one song of the year. It's a three way tie. Any one of those three could have been my favorite from this year. I guess I write it as "It Doesn't Matter" being #1 (a song that took the beat of another song and isn't even available to the general public yet) to represent how upset I am with how the world is totally ignorant to how much quality new freestyle there is out there.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I guess I write it as "It Doesn't Matter" being #1 (a song that took the beat of another song and isn't even available to the general public yet) to represent how upset I am with how the world is totally ignorant to how much quality new freestyle there is out there.
Well if the song isn't available to the general public then you can hardly blame the general public for being ignorant. :p

Thanks for posting up your list and I agree that there was a lot of Freestyle released this year most of which was decent.

KidHeartbreak

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Well if the song isn't available to the general public then you can hardly blame the general public for being ignorant. :p
It's like to represent my "protest" against the fans' apathy towards the current freestyle. Even if it was available, it would still go unnoticed for the most part. Look at everything that is available but still peeps don't seem to really care.

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
It's like to represent my "protest" against the fans' apathy towards the current freestyle. Even if it was available, it would still go unnoticed for the most part. Look at everything that is available but still peeps don't seem to really care.
And I would like represent the protest against the "Blame The Fans" campaign. Not only is it lame, boring and unimaginative but more importantly it's unconstructive and further alienates the few fans the genre has left.

Sure there was more than a handful of releases this year, but if artists keep it to themselves how is anyone going to find out about it, let alone get their hands on it?

Case in point, CPR gave us about 5 - 10 new tracks recently most of which we haven't heard of. How can that be? WE COLLECT FREESTYLE (meaning we pay for it), WE OWN A FREESTYLE WEBSITE (one of the few that are still some what active) and last but not least WE OWN A FREESTYLE INTERNET STATION. (one of the few that plays it 24/7/365).

But yet we have to go through a third party to get new music? As both fans and station owners I can't believe that it's entirely our fault. As both fans and station owners, if we haven't heard of a track what are the chances that others have?

Last edited:
^^^^^^
Coincidentially,I was going through the request list today and noticed more than a few tracks from the last two months that aren't available. The ironic thing is that I see plenty of people on FB with these songs.:confused:

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
^^^^^^
Coincidentially,I was going through the request list today and noticed more than a few tracks from the last two months that aren't available. The ironic thing is that I see plenty of people on FB with these songs.:confused:
Unfortunately there's nothing coincidentially about it. How is it that they have it and we don't. Yet we're always willing to pay for our copy. :confused:

KidHeartbreak

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
And I would like represent the protest against the "Blame The Fans" campaign. Not only is it lame, boring and unimaginative but more importantly it's unconstructive and further alienates the few fans the genre has left.

Sure there was more than a handful of releases this year, but if artists keep it to themselves how is anyone going to find out about it, let alone get their hands on it?

Case in point, CPR gave us about 5 - 10 new tracks recently most of which we haven't heard of. How can that be? WE COLLECT FREESTYLE (meaning we pay for it), WE OWN A FREESTYLE WEBSITE (one of the few that are still some what active) and last but not least WE OWN A FREESTYLE INTERNET STATION. (one of the few that plays it 24/7/365).

But yet we have to go through a third party to get new music? As both fans and station owners I can't believe that it's entirely our fault. As both fans and station owners, if we haven't heard of a track what are the chances that others have?
You bring up some great points. You're right that it's not the fans fault and bring up a huge point about why are artists being so secret with the music. What problem don't we have here in freestyle?

I guess a big part of the reason why I'm so ready to blame the fans is cuz I live in a market (Chicago) where freestyle is still around and from what I hear, is happenin' more than anywhere besides the New York tri-state area. But it's all old school, super old school, meaning that it has to be the really played out stuff that's over 20 years old already. And they think that new freestyle doesn't get made anymore. Clearly, someone has dropped the ball as far as the promotion of this music goes. I frequent this site and nyf on a daily basis cuz I like talking about freestyle music but often times the boards are asleep. There's so much going on as far as current freestyle but it seems as if the fans have given up on it. The irony of it all is that I totally see where they're coming from.

Greasy

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
THE MUSIC NEEDS to be THREE clicks away or Less

WITH " BOTH " PAY PAL & Credit card as a buying option

where do I buy Pain

where do I buy Sito

where do I buy Eric C

where do I buy the New POZE

where do I buy the The New Quabilet

where do I buy the New joee Kidd

PS do not post MYSPACE or Face Book pages
" thats NOT an Option people consider when they Shop for Music "

IF people have hunt for a way to buy Your Music they arent going to Buy it

CD BABY(Discmakers) & Amazon & Itunes

If your music is NOT on TWO of these three then your NOT SELLING your music in the Right places

HMMM lets see who is sucessfully selling thier Music ???

C Berrios / ADM
TAZ
Artistik

HMMM lets see who is On CD Baby / Amazon & Itunes

C Berrios
TAZ
Artistik

WOW That was ROCKET SCIENCE ....

...NOW I WONDER WHERE these "New Releases"
should be Directly Linked to during a independant or Self promotion ???

ALL of the artists / labels / agents / managers / promotors

should ALL Be posting LINKs and information ON.... FREESTYLE.FM ...where the Majority of FANS ARE....to where you can click & buy the music legaly & easily

taezee

graphics designer
DOFCH.COM
Marketing. Is this word alien to those still participating in the circus that is modern freestyle??

Speaking of three clicks. I still see more concern with "clicks" then with making the genre able to produce some revenue....who you hang with..who you're online buddies are. Your facebook brigade, What karaoke spot you meet up at and pat each other on the back while discussing world domination through your revolutionary "freestyle"

Coming soon. Listen if it's not done and ready for sale SHUT
THE FU@k UP!! If I had 10 cents for every coming soon I would have enough money to buy a Delorean for each and everyone of you reading to transport us all back to 1989 and we'd be in freestyle heaven. No wait it wasn't called freestyle then.

Online battle exchanges. The Bashing.."I know more then you about freestyle " ...fans morphing into "artist" .....anyone who ever picked up a mic and uttered "check one two" is a legend by default??? "Djs" established and self proclaimed who think what they play or say makes them an authority figure....Ummm sadly... All of the above perhaps more entertaining then the
music itself????

Inventory hoarding and shrinkage.

Let's take best buy for an example. Anything that's new. Hot..in demand..up front and center..heavy advertising and easy access for purchase.... In store or online.. Not hidden in the back out of sight out of mind
Under a mattress..or in a floor safe.. Why are artist hoarding their material??

Shrinkage

Best buy does not have the latest plasma TVs laptop..or ipads outside in the parking lot unattended with an honor system that no one will steal it

Why do artist put their songs on you tube in whole ...then later put it up on I tunes or amazon etc.. For sale?? Ever heard of snippets?? Or you tube to mp3 conversion??? You already gave it away for free... Guess that's why it "freestyle"

Guess what I am saying is while the quality of music was much improved this year, the basic freestyle fiasco sideshows and business practices have not.

KidHeartbreak

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Marketing. Is this word alien to those still participating in the circus that is modern freestyle??
The marketing of the music is where most of the problems are, on so many different levels at that.

KidHeartbreak

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Why do artist put their songs on you tube in whole ...then later put it up on I tunes or amazon etc.. For sale?? Ever heard of snippets?? Or you tube to mp3 conversion??? You already gave it away for free... Guess that's why it "freestyle"
That is the root of the problem that is plaguing the entire music industry. Too much easy access to hear whatever one wants, whenever one wants. Peeps should think back to before a decade ago: You've just heard or heard of a new song that you're interested in, how do you go about getting a copy for yourself?

It'll hit you in the head when you realize exactly how much the internet and file sharing have changed the entire game, really destroyed the entire game to put it more accurately.

taezee

graphics designer
DOFCH.COM
Trezee -

I am glad you added you positive coments here and didnt just post links like the one below

to actually support new music & artists

http://digitaltrackproductions.com/music.html

Support Your Local Cover-artist & grafic artist Of Freestyle

heheheehh-hahaahah

I crack me Up sometimes
well i actually catch on quick and am a quick study while others never learn greaseman..."support" when mentioned in the same sentence as freestyle today, means being added to a facebok friends list of any "artist" and then feeling obligated to hit the "like" button for every comment made therafter

not an actual purchase made by fans of music or event attendance.

and if I personaly were to rely on any income from coverart from the link posted or any other affiliation with freestyle I would be more successful waiting for world peace to automatically manifest overnight.

KidHeartbreak

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
An interesting topic for discussion would be "what was the best of the last 3 years?" as the last three years have been kinda like a renaissance for the genre. And this year was nothing compared to 2008. I had to make a Top 25 for that year. 2009 had the Tazmania Overloaded compilation while last year had 2 quality CDs to start off the year (Artistik Parade 2010 & Nyasia's "This Is Me" album). I was actually expecting more releases in 2010 based on the way it started out.

I guess this is like another golden era for freestyle (the last 3 years). It's going to be interesting to see how this is all viewed 20 years from now, lol.

KidHeartbreak

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
10. Freeze.....Greatest Love
9. Magicus.....I Can't Live Without You
8. Sammy Zone.....Running
7. Joey Kidd.....Tonight
6. Nyasia.....Tell Me Again
5. Jennifer Jimenez....Time To Say Goodbye
4. Nyasia f/ Pure Pleazure.....Broken Hearts
3. Adrienne Bailon f/ Ghostface Killah.....Take You Home
2. Pure Trend.....Who Are You
1. Pain f/ Erik Christian.....It Doesn't Matter

Pure Trend "Stronger Than Before" should've been on this list. I guess I kinda slept on that one. Song is definitely a banger. And that guiter rif sent chills up spine. Dude is consistantly hitting wit' some quality songs.

KidHeartbreak

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
There were a few songs that were worthy of the list that weren't on there (that's how much good stuff there was last year). Something I liked about last year was how the good music was coming from a variety of producers/corners of the freestyle "industry". I guess that can be said also about the last 3 years as a whole. Mia "XXXO" was a mainstream freestyle like song that I liked a lot but did not incude on the list as I try to keep my charts exclusive to "intentional freestyle". The mitigating factor being: did the artist intend for the song to sound freestyle in any way. The artist's intention is what determines if a song is eligible for my freestyle list. I highly doubt Mia intended to create a song that sounding like "that latin freestyle stuff" but if she did, that song might have been part of the log jam at the #1 spot on the list.

This year, on the other hand, has gotten off to a very slow start. There is a song that I heard here on ffm for the first time and then conducted an internet manhunt for but to no avail. The song is "It's Time" by Andrea Martin. This one is a banger and would be in the #1 spot if there were enough songs to make a list. From the research I gathered, it's not out or even complete yet but still good nevertheless. The production is kinda thin but everything else is really good. Kinda reminds of mid 90s Tazmania type of song.

KidHeartbreak

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
This is all I was able to find on the Andrea Martin song:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yFl-_ZaG14"]YouTube - ANDREA - IT'S TIME (SAMPLE) "ORDER YOURS TODAY"[/nomedia]

Hear the emotion in her voice, wow! That's one of those that really makes one feel the essence of the pain.