• Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for WhatChaMissin.Com, Freestyle.FM and other sites. You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

iTape for your iPhone 4

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I called a few of my friends who got the iPhone 4 to tell them about the hi-tech fix for their issues. I'm kinda glad I held out. I would have been pissed if I spent 200 bucks on a phone only to have to duct tape it to get it to work.

The most talked-about phone in the U.S. -- Apple's iPhone 4 -- has a design flaw that's best fixed with a sliver of duct tape, according to Consumer Reports.

"It may not be pretty, but it works," writes Mike Gikas on that nonprofit consumer group's electronics blog.

The patch -- which sounds like it'd be more appropriate for kitchen plumbing than for a phone that retails for $200 to $300, plus an AT&T contract -- is supposed to correct an apparent problem with the iPhone 4's metal antenna.

In a controlled test, Consumer Reports found that people who hold the iPhone 4 in a way that covers up an antenna connector on the phone's lower left side will experience poorer reception and possibly dropped calls.

But if you slap a piece of duct tape over that antenna connection, the reception problems go away, the group says.

"When your finger or hand touches a spot on the phone's lower left side -- an easy thing, especially for lefties -- the signal can significantly degrade enough to cause you to lose your connection altogether if you're in an area with a weak signal," Consumer Reports says.

"Due to this problem, we can't recommend the iPhone 4."

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/mobile/07/13/iphone.4.duct.tape/index.html

Last edited:

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Just a friendly reminder:

If you are not fully satisfied with your new and improved iPhone 4, you can return your undamaged iPhone to any Apple Retail Store or the online Apple Store within 30 days of purchase for a full refund.

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Apple to hold iPhone 4 press conference this coming Friday. This is should be interesting!

Recently I purchased the iPhone4 16gb, black with T-mobile in the Netherlands, and it has been great. The deathgrip itself is a real issue, it's not "fake", I've done speed tests on wifi and 3g, and I've done 6 for each. The death grip shows a drop of 23% on average.

I've received a gift from a friend - a gelaskin (dot com) for the back, but it also came with the sides, I've decided to put them on the side and blimey, it worked. The average went from 23% to 14% and speed has gone up on both wifi and 3g.

It's simply the conducting that's causing it if you ask me, and avoiding the human touch on the left side already fixes it.

So anything, including duck tape, will solve that problem. As gelaskin did for me.

That said, the death grip never dropped a skype call over 3g, or phone call or wifi connection for me, but - it's only been 7 weeks.