• Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for WhatChaMissin.Com, Freestyle.FM and other sites. You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

I'm going to throw my brand new computer out the door!!!!

Rhoq

Member of Freestyle Nation
Freestyle Nation
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
MaximumFreestyle.Com
For those of you who don't know, you can dual boot a mac to run windows XP! Now that tells you something about the machine! I wonder why a PC can't dual boot into a Mac? Hmmmmm............;)
Nobody in their right mind would want to dual boot into Windows. It opens their partition up to all of the virus and spyware that plague Windows. In a virtual environment like Parallels or Fusion you can run Windows at native speed without having to worry about hosing your drive.

In regards to the send part of your post - it's because Macs are more versatile and MacOS is proprietary. Apple's hardware is required. Running Windows on a Mac is more of a bonus feature than an actual selling point.

DJFREDDY

FreestyleMania.com
ClubFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Nobody in their right mind would want to dual boot into Windows.
Well imagine someone only has a Mac with no other pc and some of the software they have needs PC to run. That is why you will need it to dual boot.
But yes be prepared for virus! LOL.....

Rhoq

Member of Freestyle Nation
Freestyle Nation
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
MaximumFreestyle.Com
Well imagine someone only has a Mac with no other pc and some of the software they have needs PC to run. That is why you will need it to dual boot.
But yes be prepared for virus! LOL.....
That's what a virtual environment (ie. Parallels and VMWare Fusion) is for. No dual booting and you can work simultaneously in both MacOS X and Windows at native speeds. ;)

freestylegreek

DOFCH.COM
DOFCH.COM
I own a desktop and a laptop and on my desktop i have xp and on my laptop i have vista and i have no issues with either one.

Chuck

Who?
Staff member
Administrator
DOFCH.COM
FreestyleMania.com
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
NYFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Thanks for all your support guys, ur a bunch of pals.:D

DJWil

FreestyleMania.com
ClubFreestyle.Com
LatinFreestyle.Com
I own a desktop and a laptop and on my desktop i have xp and on my laptop i have vista and i have no issues with either one.
Same thing here. I have a desktop & and laptop. One with XP, one with Vista. Same as you (no issues)

I would have gone to a Mac, but my profession is web development. I have too much invested in software for Windows, to get a Mac now. Plus the web design environment is a bit different.

Macs are way more superior for graphic design & video, not for web design & testing browser compatibility.

Gesh Vista totally has to be Microsoft's worse OS since ME also known as Windows Many Errors!
You do know you can disable Vista from asking you everytime if you want to do this?

Dealing with MSE 8 is just a matter of going into the Options and choosing what you want loading for pages in LAN/WAN zones and securities. Running in Admin mode can sometimes lower your security mode so becareful in doing that.

For those of you who don't know, you can dual boot a mac to run windows XP! Now that tells you something about the machine! I wonder why a PC can't dual boot into a Mac? Hmmmmm............;)
Actually you can. Just not the MAC PLATTER Scrippting.

With a PC, you can Duel boot for DOS, Older Win OS, Linux, Unix, WinServer, etc etc.

breeZe

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Vista=Piece of CRAP

3pm

Have been a Windows user for 20+ years, I can truly say I'll never go back to it. I switched to Mac about 3 years ago and haven't looked back.

My Mac Book Pro is used exclusively for DJ'n and it performes flawlessly with Serato

Princess

Mamalicious Freestyler
maybe we should offer an anger management thread for our members lol

shadowman

Freestyle and DDR Junkie
DOFCH.COM
Freestyle Nation
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
LatinFreestyle.Com
I agree on the Vista problems. Try updating to Windows 7. Is much smoother, and Microsoft actually listened to PC makers to improve in a lot of things where Vista was heavily flawed.

Last edited by a moderator:

shadowman

Freestyle and DDR Junkie
DOFCH.COM
Freestyle Nation
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
LatinFreestyle.Com
Have been a Windows user for 20+ years, I can truly say I'll never go back to it. I switched to Mac about 3 years ago and haven't looked back.

My Mac Book Pro is used exclusively for DJ'n and it performes flawlessly with Serato
You will not say that once your mac gets nasty errors (and yes they can be worse than errors on Windows)