• Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for WhatChaMissin.Com, Freestyle.FM and other sites. You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

I Am Legend

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I Am Bored...

That's was my initial reaction to this film. A film that feels like it all has been done before, but with one small twist. The costar is a dog! Don't get me wrong Will Smith delivers on the full range of his emotional repertoire. But (imho) its wasted for the most part on a dog. In all honestly if I wanted to see a one man show I would have gone off Broadway to see John Leguizamo.

The special effects were no better. The CGI zombies looked and moved like well cgi zombies. Think of I, Robots with a zombie style overlay. After seeing Will Smith shoot down Aliens and blow up Robots I full expected to see him kick some zombie arse. But I didn't and that is where this movie goes of the beaten path.

Movies about zombies should shock and gross you out, it should make you jump in your seat repeatedly. Sadly I Am Legend fell short of legendary status. Wait for it on DvD where the zombies will be just as boring in Hi Def.

CUBE2

Very impressive raf, nice i might say..
I have not watched this movie yet..But when i do i will put my thought here..

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Thanks Cube, that's what its here for. To share our views and see what others have to say. I look forward to seeing your comments.

Ted

Freestyle.FM Referee
Staff member
Administrator
DOFCH.COM
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Nice review..now I need to figure out if i want to see this.

DJ_Dee_X-Man

DOFCH.COM
DOFCH.COM
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I did not enjoy this movie as much as I thought I would. 28 Weeks Later IMO was a lot better.

DJ DXM :cool:

All I can really remember is the dog...(so cute and helpful). LOL
My favorite part was when Will Smith found Fred, the male mannequin out in the open and was yelling, "FRED!!! What the HELL!? What the HELL are you doing here!?!? How'd you get here FRED!???" LOLROTF.

But yes, this movie was a cliche.

CPR_Jose_Ortiz

DOFCH.COM
DOFCH.COM
Tom Hanks did a better job with the Volleyball.
This movie was Cast Away meets Signs meets a bad episode of Lost.

It was mediocre at best.

chuckie

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
thanks for the review. i was wanting to see this movie, but not so much anymore. will wait for it to come out on dvd and maybe rent it.

powrpuff

Freakalicious Freestyler
DOFCH.COM
FreestyleMania.com
FreestyleRemix.Com
NYFreestyle.Com
MaximumFreestyle.Com
I told you guys it wouldnt be good :D

taezee

graphics designer
DOFCH.COM
it was actually 28 days later meets turner and hooch (coincendence tom hanks again..like 6 degrees of seperation or some shit) not taken away from it though it was an overall good movie .. and unlike 28 days im really starting to get sick of every freakin movie and tv show host with the "blootey english accents" were not all following madonna after all are we?

WickedBeats

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I liked it. And bought it (DVD) Then again, I am easy to please. If you want ZOMBIE movies: here ar esome that are worth watching and I bought all of them except the last. Can't find.

28 Days Later
28 Weeks Later
Dawn of the Dead 2008 (Remake)
Day of the Dead
Night of the Living Dead (Remake)
Dawn of the Dead 1978 (Original)
Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things (1975?)

Those are my favorites.

I do not like the stupid party type zombie movies where they do stupid karate chops and their heads fall off etc.

Like you, I want all out gore. Ripping their bodies apart, guts spilling....Bring new meaning back to the word SQUEAMISH!!!

For 1978, Dawn of teh Dead (the original version) was incredible. When i was looking fo rit online (before the remake came out) It was selling for $100.00. When the REMAKE came out, all that went to shit because they re-released the original version for $9.99. Hahahahahahaha......

If you haven't seen any of those movies, they are pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator:

DougB

DOFCH.COM
DOFCH.COM
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I just bought this movie on Black Friday as Target had it for 4 bucks. I hope to watch it someday before it winds up like anonther 50 or so of my DVDs that I have purchased and never opened.

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
$4 bucks is about what I would pay for it. Good Deal.

TearEmUp

Mixologist!
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I enjoyed I Am Legend, but, I liked The Omega Man, and Last Man on Earth. all three of these movies are based off the same short story.

Also, watch I Am Legend again, only this time watch the alternative ending. It changes the entire movie.....

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays

Also, watch I Am Legend again, only this time watch the alternative ending. It changes the entire movie.....
This is what one of my friends told me, he said he made the movie better and that they should have used that ending instead.