DaUnknownAdmin.Com
  • Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for DOFCH.Com, Freestyle.FM, and WhatChaMissin.Com. (There's also a tiny gaming clan forum.) You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

HZ37 Editor - Create Your Own Edits

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
A few of our members have asked how Ted and I were able to do the edits in our Admins with Upgrades Edit Mix. So we decided to share what we used, present to you the HZ37 Editor....

hz37.png

HZ37 Edit is a "4 beat editor". It can load WAV audiofiles from a disk or from the Windows clipboard. An edited version of this file can be saved to a diskfile or the Windows clipboard.

HZ37 Editor was created by Hens Zimmerman.
One winter night in 1996 I was really sick of copying and pasting and counting samples. It dawned on me that re-assembling audio segments was something I could do using software. The first attempt was a console mode program called cabrera.exe (after the legendary editor Albert Cabrera from Latin Rascals fame). It was created using Borland C++ 5 and (now discontinued by Borland) BIDS containers for the binary content. It divided a raw audio file into 16 segments and re-assembled them, again as raw audio. It was already a "4 beat editor" with a random function. It loaded patterns (e.g.: B...S..B.BB.S...) from textfiles and randomized bassdrums, snaredrums and "everything inbetween" (dots in the example). There were a few different compilations of this program, all more or less based on the above ideas.

http://henszimmerman.com/
http://37hz.net/
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=705345219#!/henszimmerman

With the permission from Mr. Zimmerman we are making the HZ37 Editor available for download here at Freestyle.FM.

Download and Enjoy!

Attachments

• hz37edit_setup.zip
    517.6 KB · Views: 76
Very Cool!!!!

:cool:

I have got to see about getting this software. I liked both mixes, Ted and Raff, hats go off to you two guys.

Thank you for the 411!!

-Carlos

Very Cool!!!!

:cool:

I have got to see about getting this software. I liked both mixes, Ted and Raff, hats go off to you two guys.

Thank you for the 411!!

-Carlos

you do realize the program download is in the post?

I've messed around with this a little bit and gotta say I'm blown away by what you've learned already. It takes a whole lot of patience to pull off the stuff the editors do.

Remember guys that this is just one tool that is used by the editors, but one that is very very useful.

I would like to give some advice to everyone who is giving this a try. After you make an edit (either edit of a mix, or a song), it might be a good idea to send it to a friend to get their thoughts before just posting up anything. If your not afraid of a some criticism and looking for advice and feedback, then sure post them up. Just something to think about.

Editing is an art form and takes a while to truly master. I wish everyone luck and am excited to hear what people come up with.

Yes... shortly after I posted i saw the download link!!!

I just made my first Edit Mix... This is off the CHAIN!!!!!!!!!

All thats left needed is to purchase the full version Sony Audio Studio.. the free trial is cool, but it's only temporarily.

Once I have this editing down pretty well, I will have to post my Mix..

Thank you Ted and Raff. :cool: I will be posting a mix when I feel it sounds right. Ya'll were not kidding.. it took me a while to make a track (half a track) have the few edits and effects...

I don't mind helping out any Freestylers out there sitting by their desk all stumped, feel free to PM me any Q's. I only ask that you be patient, because i don't have enough time to check my PM's on a daily basis..

-Carlos

Yes... shortly after I posted i saw the download link!!!

I just made my first Edit Mix... This is off the CHAIN!!!!!!!!!

All thats left needed is to purchase the full version Sony Audio Studio.. the free trial is cool, but it's only temporarily.

Once I have this editing down pretty well, I will have to post my Mix..

Thank you Ted and Raff. :cool: I will be posting a mix when I feel it sounds right. Ya'll were not kidding.. it took me a while to make a track (half a track) have the few edits and effects...

I don't mind helping out any Freestylers out there sitting by their desk all stumped, feel free to PM me any Q's. I only ask that you be patient, because i don't have enough time to check my PM's on a daily basis..

-Carlos

That's awesome, I can't wait to hear it!

Thanks for offering to help out. I would love for the community to share their tips and tricks with each other on the forums. I've been thinking about posting some common sense ones that I've kinda learned the hard way. ;)

Keep it real

OK PLEASE DO NOT ABUSE THIS PROG. THERE ARE ALOT OF PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT ARE GOING TO BE ABLE TO REALLY EXPRESS THERE EDIT GAME WITH THIS PROG. BUT I WOULD LIKE TO LET THE PEOPLE KNOW THAT THE GUYS WHO REALLY DID THIS WORKED ON TAPE MACHINES CUTTING AND CHOPPING TAPE. NOT DIGI. AND IT IS A KRAFT TO BE A REAL EDITOR.
FOR MY SELF I HAVE HAD THE PROG. FOR A MIN. AND I WAS WAITING FOR IT FOR ALMOST 15YRS.I TRIED EVERYTHING IN THE BOOK TO GET IT RIGHT AND I COULD NOT THIS IS THE OFFICIAL HEARTBEAT OF FREESTYLE EDITS.
ONCE AGAIN PLEASE RESECT THE KRAFT AND DON'T DISRESPECT THE HONOR IT IS TO HAVE THIS PROG IN YOUR REACH

THANKS
DJCHILLYCHAZ
THE FREESTYLEPHANATIC SHOW:cool:

Hmm,

While I will agree that the true Pioneers of Editing did start this art form using pure skill and talent with nothing more than a 12" edit block, razor blade and a reel of 1/4 " tape, I also have to disagree about this program being an honor to own. Calling it an honor goes against everything the creator of the program seems to have intended it to be. These are the facts, Hens Zimmerman created this program so he can make his work a little less time consuming and as such offered it up to everyone and anyone as tool to express themselves or just to have fun with, Editor or not. Hens himself being an old school editor actually encourages everyone to use it and to try anything they can to challenge themselves. He is actually, whether on purpose or not, is giving the art a greater chance at survival, He's sharing information with non editors; possibly hoping that maybe a few out of the many who will try this program a handful will become solid editors, thus insuring the art form will continue. Now as far as some of the other editors feeling this should not be given out and should be regarded as a secret. I find that mentality to be disgusting.

Are they scared that some will realize that editor don't walk on water? I'm sure when they started, their first edits didn't sound like they do today. It took someone to teach them, now they want to play god and pick and choose who gets to learn and who doesn't.. That is so hypocritical it's disgusting. You said you have been looking for years on how to get this program or how to do edits, I'm sure you had to have asked an editor once or twice, you probably got the same "I DON'T KNOW" answer like most of us have. So ask yourself how did that make you feel? An editor just made a mix and when you asked him what he used and the answer he gave if any was crap, and it was obvious he was keeping it all a secret!

In conclusion:
Will there be god awful edit tracks and mixes being made Hell yes!
Will there be some great edit mixes and track being made Hell Yes!
Does this program make you an editor HELL NO! but it gives you a hell of a start!!

So if anything instead of feeling honored, people should be thankful to [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Hens Zimmerman for giving everyone a chance and a tool to work with.[/FONT]

Now Let The edits begin!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay so this "IS" " THE SUPER SECRET - PROGRAM " that people would be Excomunicated & ostricised if it was EVER Released outside of the INNER Circle?

:shocked:

If so Im honored to say that The Admin vs Admin Editz Battle IS DOPE

Hans is a GENIUS !!!!!!!! Thank You

:eek:

***Dusting off the Freestyle CDs

DJ Dee X-Man

Where are my manners!? TY guys for bringing this out to the open. Is so sad when U asked and asked these DJs what they use and all U got was, well, no response. LOL. We'll show them.

Time to eXpress myself to the neXt level. Ok well, I gotta figure it out first.

DJ Dee X-Man

Why can there only be used wav files and no mp3? Most of my files are mp3. No I have to convert all of them to wav?

You only have to convert the clips you want to use into wave. You can't put a whole song into the program or it will not work right.

I'm pretty sure it has to be a wave file cause you dont want any form of mp3 compression prior to using the HZ37 Editor (That would take away from the edit) ;)

Sooooooooooooo, where are the editz ya bastids!

Back