• Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for WhatChaMissin.Com, Freestyle.FM and other sites. You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

How do you convert your vinyl to digital?

chuckie

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
How do you guys go about converting your vinyl to mp3s/aiff/wav etc.

What setup do you use?

I use a turntable connected to the line in on my Mac with Audacity software. It allows you to touch up the song as well once you are done converting it. You can remove pops/correct volume its a decent setup, still annoying to do.

DJWil

FreestyleMania.com
ClubFreestyle.Com
LatinFreestyle.Com
You need a mixer or something to amplify your turntable's output.

• Connect the turntable to a mixer's channel.
  • connect the mixer's output to your computer's line in
  • Open your Audacity, make sure your source for recording is set to line in
  • Start the recording in Audacity & play your vinyl
  • When the song is done, use the filters to clean it up, if needed
  • Select File>export, select your bit rate for the MP3 in the "File save options", and save

DjDope

I Had A "USB" TurnTable That Was Made For Converting Vinyl To Mp3.. Pretty Easy And Cheap.. Great Thing About.. You Just Install The Program And Its Plug And Play From There.. Then If You Want Open Up Your Favorite Editing Program And EQ It To Your Needs...

chuckie

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Not if its a USB turntable that plugs directly into the computer. I have the ION USB TT

You need a mixer or something to amplify your turntable's output.

• Connect the turntable to a mixer's channel.
  • connect the mixer's output to your computer's line in
  • Open your Audacity, make sure your source for recording is set to line in
  • Start the recording in Audacity & play your vinyl
  • When the song is done, use the filters to clean it up, if needed
  • Select File>export, select your bit rate for the MP3 in the "File save options", and save

TearEmUp

Mixologist!
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Chuckie, just as a heads up, if that is a belt driven TT you will notice drift in the BPMs while recording. Don't get me wrong, most programs will get the final BPM correct, but when blending the songs you will need to ride the pitch like a madman....

chuckie

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I haven't had any problems yet with em. if it was an older device i would agree with you, but since its new the belt isn't worn down yet. :)

Chuckie, just as a heads up, if that is a belt driven TT you will notice drift in the BPMs while recording. Don't get me wrong, most programs will get the final BPM correct, but when blending the songs you will need to ride the pitch like a madman....

No amp required

I used to do it ghetto style,

I'd get an extra set of table jacks, cut the ends and connect them to jacks which go into my laptop, once that is established through my computer mic input I fire up sony sound forge and make all of my volume adjustments and tests. finally the signal is recorded...no pre-amplification required because the mic input does that. from there I use sound forge and any plugins I have to juice up the signal...VIOLA!