• Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for WhatChaMissin.Com, Freestyle.FM and other sites. You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

Got a question for The Mix Meister Pros

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I don't think so. I've seen ways of getting accapellas out of tracks, none of which work perfectly. However their might be a way to get the vocals out. I have to get back to you on that.

Are you working on Mix #2 Mixtress Mel?

ok

I don't think so. I've seen ways of getting accapellas out of tracks, none of which work perfectly. However their might be a way to get the vocals out. I have to get back to you on that.

Are you working on Mix #2 Mixtress Mel?
Well i have submitted my 2nd already .. working on my third!! lol Taking a whilte this time .. trying to do different things and stuff .. ok will let me know if you find out anything .. if not ill just play around more...thanks Raf!!

KidHeartbreak

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
You could just edit out a small sample of the instrumental (there has to be a part where the beat plays by itself without the vocals for at least a 16) and then loop it. It depends on what exactly you want the instrumental for also.

TearEmUp

Mixologist!
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Raf is right, even using an advanced music editing program like Fruity Loops, or Pro Tools you can't remove all of either the vocals or music. Try Google Searching acapella and download. See if that helps, I have spoken to several mixers who use downloaded acapellas.

Wizkid

NHBFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
i believe in order to do that you would have to have a track that is either an accapella or just an instrumental..mixmeister is good but not that good..lol ive used it for about 4 yrs now..
Yes I believe this is the case too....(what I tell ya?) lol You can also do as KHB suggests and loop just the instrumentals portion of the track to get a longer section of just "music".....but the accapella or instrumental versions are the best way to go :)

WickedBeats

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
What is the "best" Mixmeister to get? There was a gentleman on here who sent me a PM telling about Mixmeister, and I forgot who it was. But, I mean, is Fusion & Video "THEE BEST" and why? Does it have more effects? Or, what is so "great" about it over Studio?

I need to start making music!

Oh, how the hell do you move the selected track or loop to th eleft? There is no "simple" way to move it? I thought I coul djust click on th etrack and slide left, aligning it with the bpm line.

I am using the trial version and it seems rather difficult just to splice a track, make a loop of a certain beat etc. It should be as simple as splice, of CUT, etc.

Help anyone?

@ Wickedbeats

In Mixmeister, in order to splice your track to change where its starting/ending look for orange markers. you can move those around and it will let you splice it to wherever you want. another thing you might want to edit is the sound markers as well if you want to change the way your splicing tracks.

If your dropping a sample then you can just move that around as you want by dragging the title bar around.

For the loops I just use the loop in and loop out features like you would use on a CD deck and that normally works well for me.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Chuck

Who?
Staff member
Administrator
DOFCH.COM
FreestyleMania.com
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
NYFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I have in some of my mixes just dropped the bass way down in the track I want the vocals from and used it as an overlay track and played it with a beat. This don't take everything away but if adjustesd right (depending on the tracks used) it sounds pretty good and hard to even pick up the beat from the song with the vocals.

chuckie

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Raf is right, even using an advanced music editing program like Fruity Loops, or Pro Tools you can't remove all of either the vocals or music. Try Google Searching acapella and download. See if that helps, I have spoken to several mixers who use downloaded acapellas.
There are tutorials out there that show you how to take the beats out of a song to have mostly just vocals. It can be done with VDJ and MixMeister, You have to put the same track down twice and kinda phase the song and then with some fitzing around with the eq it is almost possible. Will never be fully acapella though.