• Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for WhatChaMissin.Com, Freestyle.FM and other sites. You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

Freestyle March Mix - My First Serato Mix

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-_EwOTqhFM[/media]

Freestyle March Mix 2010

Safire - Eyes of a stranger
George Lamond - Lately
Corina - Summertime Summertime
Brian McKnight - Anytime

Mixed using Serato (SSL 3 Limited Red Edition), Denon 500 Mixer, Denon HC 4500 Controller.

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
First off, the library feature in Serato is a HUGE plus.

All your tracks available in a few keystrokes. In the past I would have to think of a song I wanted to mix in, look it up in a spreadsheet, which told me on what CD(s) I could find it in and what track number. Go to either the CD Wallet or Jewel Case, pull out the CD, load into the CD drawer, close the drawer, go the track number, select it. cue it up and beatmatch it. By the time all this happened I was usually less than 60 secs from my transition point and if for some reason I got the wrong version or changed my mind on which song to play, I was totally screwed.

Switch to Serato and all I do now is type in a few characters, click and drag the song from a list to the deck. BOOM done! Just cue up and beatmatch. But here's the best part, I only have to set my cue point only once! Where as with the CDJs I had to set my cue points each time for each song I mixed, with Serato I set it once and it there the next time I want to mix that track again.

Secondly I switched from the Denon DN 4500 to the HC 4500. Big difference as I now can use the loop, sample & effect features of Serato straight from the controller and not have to use the keyboard/mouse. Also again the Cue points can be accessed from the HC 4500, with the DN 4500 I had to use the keyboard.

I've only scratched the surface of what Serato can do so my review is only limited to what I've experienced so far. If anyone has any tips/tricks, please feel free to post them up.

As far as the mix goes, I just noticed that I left the mics on so that's one thing I can change for my next mix, lol. I'm still trying to get used to the beatmatching thing without vinyl. Feels a bit weird, but I guess with time I'll feel more comfortable.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Nice progressive mix of freestyle. I like the CB sound of the late 90's that both the GL and Safire track had. Or is it has lol?

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Thanks, I wanted my first mix to be a bit different from the norm. I love these tracks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-_EwOTqhFM

Freestyle March Mix 2010

Safire - Eyes of a stranger
George Lamond - Lately
Corina - Summertime Summertime
Brian McKnight - Anytime

Mixed using Serato (SSL 3 Limited Red Edition), Denon 500 Mixer, Denon HC 4500 Controller.
WoW this setup looks really familiar.. huh lol!

NICE MIX RAF!!!

Chuck

Who?
Staff member
Administrator
DOFCH.COM
FreestyleMania.com
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
NYFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Great mix raf. Did you have any trouble finding the "button" lol.

ROTFLMAO Chuck u so funny :p with "that button" u must be refering to the "power button" or the "rec button" ;)

Raf I know u must be luvin that controller :cool: no more mouse

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Dude I looked, there is no "button". It's not like Virtual DJ or those others where you can auto beatmatch/sync four tracks at a time. You have to actually beatmatch the damn songs yourself, lol.