• Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for WhatChaMissin.Com, Freestyle.FM and other sites. You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
This movie gives us what we all secretly wish for-- a chance to forget something that's hurt us in the past. The viewer can almost live vicariously through the two dysfunctional characters that are remarkably just like ordinary people. The relationship problems are the same. The little fights and bickers are things we all can relate to.

The acting was amazing- throughout the movie, I actually forgot that I was watching Mr. Ace Ventura himself. Carrey and Winslet pull off a great performance, both ditching the typecasts that they've been shackled with. Not only did the film give us the opportunity to see what it was like if painful memories were erased, but it also gave us the opportunity to see that everything deserves a second chance.

The way it ends leaves the viewer to imagine how the characters' lives will end. The idealist may say that they lived happily ever after; the pessimist may say that they just reverted to disliking each other again. Either way, it leaves you to imagining your own ending; a characteristic many films leave out. Basically, this movie makes you think, "What if...?" It truly gives new meaning to the phrase "You never know what you've got until it's gone."
I loved this movie despite the fact that I had to watch it twice to fully comprehend it. The premise is awesome and as the reviewer stated "This movie gives us what we all secretly wish for".

CPR_Jose_Ortiz

DOFCH.COM
DOFCH.COM
I tried to watch it and couldn't.
I will give it another look.
I just hope its not like The Majestic.

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Didn't see the Majectic and I take it thats a good thing. Give this another viewing, the acting alone is well worth it. You have to really dedicate the time to watch it and not be distracted.

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Crystal2001 said:
I saw this movie a lonnnnnnng time ago. It was okay...just okay. Wish I could actually remember it. LOL! I do know it had an odd storyline.
I'm surprised that you think that. I would have thought that people that "get it" would really like it. I wonder what it was about the movie you didn't like. I know it does slow down a bit in the middle and the storyline does take some effort to keep track of (luckily I rented it and had the benefit of watching it a second time).

Btw, yes this movie did come out about 2 years ago, but you know me and time. We just don't get along... You should see what's loittering(sp) around my Blockbuster Queue :blush:

Rafael said:
I'm surprised that you think that. I would have thought that people that "get it" would really like it. I wonder what it was about the movie you didn't like. I know it does slow down a bit in the middle and the storyline does take some effort to keep track of (luckily I rented it and had the benefit of watching it a second time).

Btw, yes this movie did come out about 2 years ago, but you know me and time. We just don't get along... You should see what's loittering(sp) around my Blockbuster Queue :blush:
I enjoyed it because it was thought provoking. What I didn't enjoy was the slow parts. My mind begins to wander about what kind of scenes I could be making my dayum self. :eyebrow:
It was "cute"...in an odd way. I think at some point I almost felt sorry for the both of them.

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
yea I know what you mean, the part where they have to hear what each one thinks about the other was a bit heart wrenching because you know just how true to life that scene really is... <-- Insert Plausable Deniability -->

Romeo

WCM Ol'School Freestyler
LatinFreestyle.Com
I thought this movie was really good... different...
i loved how they put it together...
a love movie with a different kinda way..

I say Must See