DaUnknownAdmin.Com
  • Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for DOFCH.Com, Freestyle.FM, and WhatChaMissin.Com. (There's also a tiny gaming clan forum.) You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

digital or vinyl

what's your style

• Total voters
I am volunteering to host. And, I am volunteering to record. With four PCs in one house I can handle both....

We could do that Chuck. I have phone lines tied into both of my broadcast systems......

Broadcasting it live would be great..sort of a FFM talk show. It should be a hour because 30 minutes will go fast and if we ever need filler Tear could throw in a track.

I know it will go over well...even maybe we could have a call in line.

I think the show should be called " FFM's Needle To The Groove"

Well if this were to happen (which I have no idea if it could) then I would say if your gonna do an hour then maybe just once a month because people will only listen to talking for so long. There is only so much you can talk about about dj'n before it starts to turn people off bore them (we're talking about the average listener here).

Well if this were to happen (which I have no idea if it could) then I would say if your gonna do an hour then maybe just once a month because people will only listen to talking for so long. There is only so much you can talk about about dj'n before it starts to turn people off bore them (we're talking about the average listener here).

Well if we keep up the "heat" displayed in the forum..should be the top rated show...lol

People tune in here to listen to music not talk. You can have a download section for this but to place it live on the station not good idea! Whoever wants to listen to it, you can download it and those who do not can still listen to Freestyle!

People tune in here to listen to music not talk. You can have a download section for this but to place it live on the station not good idea! Whoever wants to listen to it, you can download it and those who do not can still listen to Freestyle!
I absolutly agree. I think download is the best way. It would be cool if we could have everyone on cam and had this thing like "around the horn" on espn. Where everyone got to say what they wanted to but had to wait their turn and then post it up on youtube.

Really though as interesting as this would be to me and many others, it just wouldnt be to most who are listening then our listeners may drop so bad that we might actually be number 2 for a short time lol.

I do think if done right and promoted right with callers and all, it could be a good show with the right host and I think Terry would do a great job. So I'm not totally giving up on it (but nothing like this would be my decision). But like i said, it would have to be short and or a biweekly thing or a montly thing. Let it catch on before you get too crazy with it. I think it would be a cool thing with dj's callin in and just casual listeners to get them involved and see what they like and their thoughts.

I tell you from my experience. At the old dance station I was at the listeners will complain when there was only talk shows on. The best bet will be to have a DJ section and file them under categories depending on what you are talking about that Month!

Speaking from personal experience...saying an hour..and filling an hour of entertaining discussion are two different things. I can see this going a few different directions.

One hour long session, or a series of 30 minute intelligent discussions. One week TTs are discussed. The next CDs, the third PC DJing. We could also do a show dedicated to just MixMeister DJs. The last week we bring back a representative of each perspective weeks platform and hold a debate. That way it would always be a tad different, (hence keeping it fresh) and have an end that is obvious to the listener.

To attempt to do it on a weekly basis over a long period of time would be pushing things a bit, in my opinion. I would also heavily recommend who ever is chosen for each topic have knowledge of all platforms. (I.E. LPs, CDs, and PCs) We would not want it to become a bully pulpit for 30 minutes.....

But, a month long discussion would be informative and helpful too everyone, if managed properly. We could expand the show a bit down the road where Ted and Raf join the host and discuss the future of FFM. In my humble opinion, that would be a very big hit.

Do we have any Female DJs in here? I wish I could learn how to DJ. I always wanted to learn how to mix, but with Viynl. It seems like the most difficult and yet most interesting to me. Calls for more precision and really knowing your music well....

Do we have any Female DJs in here? I wish I could learn how to DJ. I always wanted to learn how to mix, but with Viynl. It seems like the most difficult and yet most interesting to me. Calls for more precision and really knowing your music well....

Actually, I find some aspects of mixing easier with vinyl because you have the feel of it at your finger tips. You have more control of pitch bending, scratching, etc..

Not all is easier with vinyl though. With digital, you have the ease of using effects that otherwise have to be done manually with vinyl. For example, the flanger effect, the echo effect, transform effect & filter effect are all used easier with digital.

This is just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not all is easier with vinyl though. With digital, you have the ease of using effects that otherwise have to be done manually with vinyl. For example, the flanger effect, the echo effect, transform effect & filter effect are all used easier with digital.

This is just my opinion.

And that great feature that we use a lot now called "Loop" that us Latin DJs can't live without! LOL.......

THis Thread IS Funny

tHERE IS A HECK OF A LOT OF new dj MEMBERS Posting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIME FOR A BATTLE MIX

sticks ,bRICKS pUNCHES & kICKS knives & gUNS oPTIONAL

-meaning what ever you want to Battle with is Fine Dig/Vyn/Sorrato/ a wooden Kazoo shoved up Yo neighbors Mamas @$$ - JUST MAKE IT DOPE

PUT the MUsic were your Mouth is

Guys check out My Battle & Tony's Battle / so we dont have to rehatch the same format Q&A

PS - if you suspect this is another one of my feeble attempts to hear newly mixed Freestyle that I can down load and enjoy,Then You are CORRECT

with all the new High caliber Mixers & DJ currently posting !!!

I JUST WANT TO HEAR IT ALL.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:veryangry:veryangry:veryangry:mad::confused:

CHI TOWN ? MIAMI ? NYC ? ILLADELPH (via alaska)

THis Thread IS Funny

tHERE IS A HECK OF A LOT OF new dj MEMBERS Posting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIME FOR A BATTLE MIX

sticks ,bRICKS pUNCHES & kICKS knives & gUNS oPTIONAL

-meaning what ever you want to Battle with is Fine Dig/Vyn/Sorrato/ a wooden Kazoo shoved up Yo neighbors Mamas @$$ - JUST MAKE IT DOPE

PUT the MUsic were your Mouth is

Guys check out My Battle & Tony's Battle / so we dont have to rehatch the same format Q&A

PS - if you suspect this is another one of my feeble attempts to hear newly mixed Freestyle that I can down load and enjoy,Then You are CORRECT

with all the new High caliber Mixers & DJ currently posting !!!

I JUST WANT TO HEAR IT ALL.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:veryangry:veryangry:veryangry:mad::confused:

CHI TOWN ? MIAMI ? NYC ? ILLADELPH (via alaska)

Wrong thread greasy! LOL....... this is for digital or vinyl it has nothing to do with a battle. So what do you use and why?

In Reply To Nati's Last Post

If your learning how to mix for the first time, turntables are NOT easy to use. Remember guys Im saying for the very first time. But you will have the skills to mix just about on anything else afterwards. Most dual CD players need some getting used to though after mixing with TT's. But if you really want to learn how to mix, learning on TT's is the best way to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back