• Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for WhatChaMissin.Com, Freestyle.FM and other sites. You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

Comic Book News

G

Preview the ART OF MARVEL COMICS
Marvel to release hardcover this November

Source: Marvel Comics

This coming November Marvel Comics will release a hardcover collection of some of their most memorable art published in the past two years. THE ART OF MARVEL COMICS VOL. 1 will be the first in a series of volumes showcasing the stellar artwork by some of the leading artists working in the field.

Artists whose work will appear in the book include Kaare Andrews,

Mark Bagley, Julie Bell, Tim Bradstreet, J. Scott Campbell, John Cassaday, Richard Corben, ChrisCross, Gabriele Dell'Otto, Vince Evans, David Finch, Bryan Hitch, Greg Horn, Stuart Immonen, Richard Isanove, J.G. Jones, Joe Jusko, Dale Keown, Sam Kieth, Adam Kubert, Andy Kubert, Bob Larkin, Salvador Larroca, Jae Lee, Joseph Michael Linsner, David Mack, Alex Maleev, Tom Marvelli, Josh Middleton, Rudolfo Migliari, Glen Orbick, Joe Quesada, Frank Quitely, Esad Ribic, John Romita Jr., Alex Ross, Steve Rude, Tim Sale, Bill

Sienkiewicz, Mark Texeira, Matt Wagner, Lee Weeks and Mike Wieringo.

The 128-page book is scheduled to go on sale beginning November 5. THE ART OF MARVEL COMICS VOL. 1 will retail for $29.99.

MonaLisa

DOFCH.COM
DOFCH.COM
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
LatinFreestyle.Com
Lovely .... My son will be bothering me for it! He is a die-hard Marvel comics collector:0

G

Comic Book News
JLA/AVENGERS #1 sells 200K+

First issue sales amaze creators
Source: Marvel Comics

For a business such as the comic book industry, any positive news these days is coveted and appreciated. Sales have been falling for a decade and books that once sold hundreds of thousands of copies now seem to be barely able to break six figures. So when Marvel Comics announces that over 200,000 copies of JLA/AVENGERS #1 have been published for shipment to the direct market, it's cause for celebration.

The comic, which has been on sale since September 4, is a co-publishing venture between Marvel and DC Comics. Written by Kurt Busiek (MARVELS) and pencilled by George PĂ©rez, the series has been a long time coming and features nearly every character that's ever been associated with the two superteams.

"I knew JLA/AVENGERS was going to do well but to have it do THIS well is just amazing," commented Busiek. "I'm delighted retailers had so much faith in the project, and I'm delighted readers bought 'em all up and sent the retailers back for more. And the reaction we're getting on the series is terrific - it seems like people thought it was well worth the wait, and I'm very glad to have been a part of it."

The sales figures for JLA/AVENGERS #1 is another indication that the industry make be making a recovery. In the past 18 months there have been a number of books that have sold well, such as DC's THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS or Jim Lee's run on BATMAN, or Marvel's breakout success with its Ultimate line of comics. Could the return of comics be right around the corner?

"It seems like almost every month the sales ceiling on top-selling titles is being raised and with ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR and Marc Silvestri' return to the X-MEN upcoming, we're sure to see more of the same," said Marvel Editor-in-Chief Joe Quesada. "I fully expect that in the near future the 300K mark is just around the corner."

I will say this to you comic lovers out there, I own this book and it is truly amazing. Perez' work is a sight to behold and the storytelling by Busiek is expert. It's classic EPIC action from the mightiest characters Marvel and DC have ever made. Run out and get it before it's out of print.