• Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for WhatChaMissin.Com, Freestyle.FM and other sites. You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

Cellphone: The Change (Verizon or AT&T)

CPR_Jose_Ortiz

DOFCH.COM
DOFCH.COM
I am currently a Nextel subscriber.
I enjoy FREE incoming calls and early free nights and weekends (6 pm)

My current phone is the i930.

Im looking for a change. What do you guys recommend?

I'm leaning towards ATT and the iphone.

Any feedback will be welcomed.

Attachments

Chuck

Who?
Staff member
Administrator
DOFCH.COM
FreestyleMania.com
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
NYFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
i dont know how soon you are looking to get one but Musti was talkin about the Nokia i believe and the ability to listen to freestyle.fm on it. Dont know if you have to stick with nextell or not but just throwing it out there.

Ted

Freestyle.FM Referee
Staff member
Administrator
DOFCH.COM
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I actually have Verizon. They seem the most stable where I live, I actually had a contract with Nextel for my guys about two week into it I terminated the contract.

CPR_Jose_Ortiz

DOFCH.COM
DOFCH.COM
I love my phone. But I can't get Blue Tooth for it.
I can only get the Buck Toof! You know. With the string.

Does anyone know about the Verizon Voyager?

CPR_Jose_Ortiz

DOFCH.COM
DOFCH.COM
With our new Unlimited Anytime Minute Calling Plan, you get:
  • Unlimited anytime minutes to anyone in the U.S., even when calling another network or landline
  • No domestic roaming or long distance charges
  • Mobile Web 2.0 (or HTML browsing)
$99.99-BASIC
$119-SELECT
$139-PREMIUM
VERIZON'S NEW PLANS

Last edited by a moderator:

taezee

graphics designer
DOFCH.COM
okay the voyager absolutely the most sought after phone by verizon wireless ever in the history of the company In my 7 years as a rep of verizon ive never seen a phone that remained back order four four months because of such high demand lets start off with the what should be obvious

no matter how cool the i phone looks on the commercial theres one basic fault you have to use ATand T it runs on a 3g network when you see how fast the pages turn when browsing the internet in the commercial they must have speeded up the camera because it dont go no where near that in real life!

voyager evdo email acess much faster more reception for your phone calls too!

look ma no battery! thats what you get with a 500 dollar phone from apple you cant change the battery in the i phone you have to send it out if you have an issue thats means youre without a phone for a week guess you could borrow your sisters in the meantime

insurance ... the average consumer assumes they can buy a cell at anytime for 30.00 that is until they sneeze while using the bathroom and thier 500 dollar phone goes in the bowl, watch the salesman face as you return to the store and explain "nobody told me about the insurance" at verizon we offer insurance on all phones you make the choice wheter to live on the edge (otherwise known as being frugal) or protect your investment

att and t and the i phone "sorry buddy we dont believe in protection for a 500 dollar phone you breaky you pay" no insurance offered

cool pics and videos on both but only the voyager can actually send to freinds and family

touch vibrate application on the voyager i phone no response at all

music downloads on the go right over the air!! voyager capable

i phone you have to wait till you get to a computer to tether

speaking of all that music you cant wait to store on your phone voyager dual stero speakers for playback!!

i phone ummmm no

texting made easy with built in keyboard on the voyager
i phone ummm no

voyager cost about 300 on agreement vs 400 for the i phone

bluetooth even 20 dollar phones with verizon offer bluetooth the i phone at 400 dollars no bluetooth keep your ear bud handy for calls and to lsten to music

i could continue but at that point it would just be bashing and im biased since i work for verizon but please feel free to research and follow up and find any correction from the above

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
One correction, AT&T does run on a 3g Network but if I remember correctly the iPhone does not. That and the lack of bluetooth is why I went with the Blackjack II

taezee

graphics designer
DOFCH.COM
not directly on the device however there are software and websites which i cant really name outright in conflict with my job which convert your mp3 files to ringtone"clips" which you can then send to any phone to then save as your ringtone the majority of these sites are free and require no subscription

taezee

graphics designer
DOFCH.COM
One correction, AT&T does run on a 3g Network but if I remember correctly the iPhone does not. That and the lack of bluetooth is why I went with the Blackjack II
AT and T claims a "newer 3g network" for the i phone not exactly explaining whats so new, and how do you come out with a phone thats allegedly so cutting edge without bluetooth nor the ability to send pic messsaging nor something as basic as being able to acess and change your battery

at radio shack you can put insurance or warranty on a 20.00 electronic device but i phone decided "no insurance for you"!! like the soup nazi

either way no provider has the speed capacity of evdo used by verizon

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
lol, sure I'll take a $500.00 phone with no service plan. Yea right away. No thanks. The iPhone as with everything Apple is nice eye candy, but not worth the money. At least for not for my needs.

taezee

graphics designer
DOFCH.COM
by the way EVDO means in laymens Evolution Data Only/Evolution Data Optimized its a faster way for wireless broadband acess on not only moblie but laptop devices The broadband-speed 1xEVDO is currently available in most metropolitan U.S. cities (Verizon and Sprint are both continually upgrading their service areas to Revision A - or REV A the newest development in EVDO that provides dramatically increased upload speeds averaging 300-400kbps).

we explain things we dont just label things "3g new and improved because we say so"

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
I don't know what a newer 3g network is, never of it and never see it mentioned in their advertising. But 3g is actually the name of the standard. So if it's improved it should be something else.

Reminds me of when wifi routers came out and a few years later Linksys was offering the "BOOST WiFi" that supposedly boosted the wireless signal, at an extra cost of course. But there was a catch, the Boost effect didn't work unless you got the Boost enhanced router and Boost enchanced NICs. Sounds like the only thing getting Boosted was the consumers!

Until they come up with a whole new standard its still the same old 3g crap with a different wrapper. Don't believe the hype.

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Ah I see you edited your post while I was typing mine. 300-400kbps, Is that all?
AT&T are going 500 - 800kbps, at the time I didn't think that was shit, but I guess it is the shit compared to others. Thanks for the info!

taezee

graphics designer
DOFCH.COM
Ah I see you edited your post while I was typing mine. 300-400kbps, Is that all?
AT&T are going 500 - 800kbps, at the time I didn't think that was shit, but I guess it is the shit compared to others. Thanks for the info!
this is what they claim raf same way they claim they have more bars of srength then anyone if they are still using 3g technology how is it faster then 3g with evdo , did it just get faster by itself?

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
LOL, I can just see their next board meeting...

* I've got it sir! We put out a phone with 10 bars, no wait 20 bars, better yet 100 BARS and that way we can honestly say we have more bars!

You gotta love it!