• Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for WhatChaMissin.Com, Freestyle.FM and other sites. You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

Bad News

willievalentin

DOFCH.COM
DOFCH.COM
I am very sad to say that my external hard drive that consisted of all my music for the radio show as well as my music productions for all the music I've ever done, family pictures, masters for albums i've done in the past and my new productions for an album I was working on just went dead. It was working just fine until yesterday when I tried to open continue some work and it just didnt respond. Due to this I will probably not do the show tonight. Will keep everyone updated later.

I am so depressed....

Willie

DJ_Dee_X-Man

DOFCH.COM
DOFCH.COM
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Yo, that's is crazy! Good luck with your recovery.

DJ Dee X-M:cool:n

DaUnknownAdmin

Captain Casual
Staff member
Administrator
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Dang Willie, didn't anyone tell ya to back yo stuff to DVDs or something? That totally sucks and I know on some level its gotta hurt. Have you triend looking for data recovery services, I think they might be able to recover data from dead drives.

Good Luck!

breeZe

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Damn Willie, ALL your music? Damn, you put time and energy into that music brotha. I have a lot of music on my HD and pictures too. I know how it is, you just dont think to back it up sometimes. I had a HD fail not to long ago...

Produkt

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Hey willlie,, yes them "professionals" do rape ppl for pc services... I know you dont know me but, i'm a pc tech for my company. i could recover what is recoverable from your drives at a fraction of the quote they gave you. Why? because i enjoy working with pc's and i dont have any overhead or employees to pay.... tell me the brand and model # of your external drive you have.... im serious... ill do it for ya, should not take more than maybe 3 days once i have your drive... utk4produkt@gmail.com

Princess

Mamalicious Freestyler
wow sorry to hear that its not my pc and that depresses me, just the thought of losing all my music scares the shit out of me!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Chuck

Who?
Staff member
Administrator
DOFCH.COM
FreestyleMania.com
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
NYFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Hey Produkt, isn't it possible for him to take the hd apart, buy another casing for about 30-50 bucks then put it in there, assuming that it's a power problem. Also Willie, have you tried to put it in another computer. Maybe the one u tried needs to be restarted. Just some suggestions.

Damn, and it started off as such a good day:(.
Good luck Willie. You should be able to get it all back.

Krystal

with a "K" =P
DOFCH.COM
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
LatinFreestyle.Com
*crosses fingers* I hope you can recover your files Willie! :(

flipzidemusic

DOFCH.COM
DOFCH.COM
Will, Sorry to hear about that man.. been there too, sux bigtime. Hope you're able to get everything back. Let me know wuzup. Bless.

Nathan

chuckie

Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
Hey Produkt, isn't it possible for him to take the hd apart, buy another casing for about 30-50 bucks then put it in there, assuming that it's a power problem. Also Willie, have you tried to put it in another computer. Maybe the one u tried needs to be restarted. Just some suggestions.
doing this is why it costs so much money. they have to do it in a clean room which literally has not 1 spec of dust. any dust on the platters can screw it up if it gets in there. But the power from the external case could be bad. its a good idea to take it out and plug it directly into a computer and see if it will work that way. could also be the chip on the drive itself. but if its internal, the only way to recover the data is thru data recovery where they take the platters out and put them in a diff internal casing. if the drive is clicking at all when you try to access it then you are screwed and have no other way to recover the data cause its an internal issue.

freestylegreek

DOFCH.COM
DOFCH.COM
i was on another freestyle site and someone was talking about losing data on their drive. Someone said check out this site as they purchased the software and it worked for them. The site is http://www.prosofteng.com and its available for mac or pc.

See if they sell it in stores or not.

Rhoq

Member of Freestyle Nation
Freestyle Nation
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
MaximumFreestyle.Com
i was on another freestyle site and someone was talking about losing data on their drive. Someone said check out this site as they purchased the software and it worked for them. The site is http://www.prosofteng.com and its available for mac or pc.

See if they sell it in stores or not.
That was me @ NHB and I also sent the info Willie yesterday morning via PM. ;)
According to their website it looks like there are only 4 authorized retailers and I doubt the Apple Store would carry the PC version, LOL

http://prosofteng.com/aboutus/retailers.php?PHPSESSID=bb427bc879b833cac62a9c9112b2bc7f

It is also available via Amazon.