DaUnknownAdmin.Com
  • Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for DOFCH.Com, Freestyle.FM, and WhatChaMissin.Com. (There's also a tiny gaming clan forum.) You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

Radio Personality Levi Booker Is Back With "Radio Free Classic Saturday"

nicholasg980

When veteran air personality Levi Booker rocked the Los Angeles airwaves back in the day with his "Rhythms of the Night" show on KJLH Radio, the town listened. His mellow resonance, coupled with soothing song selections, pampered the ears and swayed the heart. Better known as "Levi Who Loves You," his show ran ten consecutive years, from 1994 to 2004, with many loyal listeners.

Well, 'the Original OG of Los Angeles Radio' is back on the air, rocking the radio and internet waves with his distinctive rendition of "Radio Free Classic Saturday," from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on KJLH Radio Free 102.3 FM and www.KJLHRadio.com. A heat infused mix of old school hits from the '70's, '80's and 90's, the three-hour show is a visceral concoction of hot sounds, conjuring fond memories and fun!

As the current Director of New Media / Marketing and Promotions at Los Angeles' legendary KJLH Radio, Levi Booker is an institution himself. With four decades of radio history under his belt, Booker launched his career at the station in 1973. At the time, KJLH, now owned by Stevie Wonder, was under the auspices of the original owner, John Lamar Hill. The veteran radio personality went on to broadcast at numerous stations throughout his career. He was also one of the first African American DJ's at the Houston rock station, KLOL/K101, where he landed a historical impromptu in-studio interview with George Harrison of The Beatles.

Los Angeles has remained home base however and "Levi Who Loves You" is loved in return. While New Yorkers had radio icon Frankie Crocker, Angelenos revered Levi Booker. Before the hip hop generation knew about stuntin', Booker swayed the masses with the power behind his microphone. The larger than life personality fondly recalls the time he shut down Crenshaw Blvd. between Rodeo Rd. and Florence Ave, a span of over 10 city blocks. With a request to his listeners to "stop your cars, turn your radio up and let's party," traffic literally came to a stand still on the famous boulevard!

"Radio has transitioned and it is important that we transition with it," reflects Booker. "However you don't usurp the roots as you grow and expand, or you die. Sometimes it seems our music today has just died. 'Classic Saturday' is about revival, regeneration and renewal. I am uplifting the community with the hits they grew up listening and dancing to. There is power in the party and in the celebration. "Classic Saturday" on KJLH is the inspiration I bring with my unique programming and sequencing of the hits. There is nothing like it on the radio or internet right now! I am playing the music of your life!"

Tune in to Levi Booker every Saturday, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on KJLH Radio at 102.3 FM in Los Angeles or http://www.KJLHRadio.com. Party with Levi and celebrate your life!

Back