DaUnknownAdmin.Com
  • Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for DOFCH.Com, Freestyle.FM, and WhatChaMissin.Com. (There's also a tiny gaming clan forum.) You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

Progams For Ripping Vinyl Tracks?

NatillaLiz

Mrs. Garcia
Freestyle Nation
FreestyleMania.com
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
NYFreestyle.Com
MaximumFreestyle.Com
LatinFreestyle.Com
I need to rip some tracks off some vinyls for a mix, but the program that I was using is kind of giving me some issues. I used it to mostly clean up the pops and clicks, but when I do that, the volume is off and the track sounds with static. I check all the connections, and hook ups; everything was fine. The program is was faultering at this point.

I was wondering if anyone can help me in suggesting another program?

I was remembering something about Adobe......i think?

Greatly appreciate it! Thanks so much!

I use Audacity. It's free, and there's a bunch of filters you can add to it.

It works fine for me.

Yeah Audacity is pretty good Wil. Liz just curious what turntable do you have and how are you connecting it to the computer?

The program she is talking about is Adobe Audition 3 which I use and it can make your vinyl sound like a Digital copy but it takes lots of spare time! LOL....
I usually record the vinyl to wav. Then I remove all pops and clicks. Next I remove all back ground noise. I proceed to run it through the 30 band eq. I finally amplify it to an appropriate listening level. Then i convert to 320 bit. Once I am done with this which usually takes about an hour, my vinyl sounds 90 percent better!

I need to rip some tracks off some vinyls for a mix, but the program that I was using is kind of giving me some issues. I used it to mostly clean up the pops and clicks, but when I do that, the volume is off and the track sounds with static. I check all the connections, and hook ups; everything was fine. The program is was faultering at this point.

I was wondering if anyone can help me in suggesting another program?

I was remembering something about Adobe......i think?

Greatly appreciate it! Thanks so much!

Tell me what you are using and what and how you equipment is connected. When you record your vinyls, what process do you use to clean them up. Please explain so we can see what you can do to better the process.

Uh Freddy, your getting a bit to technical. I think shes wants a simplified way of doing it. Us DJ's know basically what you mean but Im pretty sure she doesnt. If I were her Id just get a small mixer, plug the turntable in and just record with a mini plug into her line in into her sound card. Then use audacity or some free PC audio recording program. I think even windows media can record but not sure. That should be plenty good for what she needs.

Uh Freddy, your getting a bit to technical. I think shes wants a simplified way of doing it. Us DJ's know basically what you mean but Im pretty sure she doesnt. If I were her Id just get a small mixer, plug the turntable in and just record with a mini plug into her line in into her sound card. Then use audacity or some free PC audio recording program. I think even windows media can record but not sure. That should be plenty good for what she needs.

Hey this way is a Breeze! Get it? LMAO........

Yeah sometimes I get carried away! So don't be ashamed to shut me up! LOL....

Do you need a mixer ? or a pre -Amp - converter ?

or can you take it directly from the Turntable RCA with a Y Stereo cable (5$) and take it directly into the computers Mic jack ??

If so ...

please walk me through it ?

it will save me some time & Ca$h

Do you need a mixer ? or a pre -Amp - converter ?

or can you take it directly from the Turntable RCA with a Y Stereo cable (5$) and take it directly into the computers Mic jack ??

If so ...

please walk me through it ?

it will save me some time & Ca$h
You need a pre-amp if your going from turntable to computer. Mixers have built in preamps. Either way you'll need one or the other unless you get one of the USB turntables. Hope that helps.

How many Vinyls do you want to convert to Digital? If you have many records then I suggest to buy a cheap mixer from ebay. If you have only a few see if someone is will to do it for you in your area.

If you buy the mixer you will need to connect the RCA outputs of the TT to the RCA input on the mixer. You will then take the output of the mixer (usally RCA)and bring it in to your pcinput (MINI). Doing this you will need to convert the RCA plug from rca to mini or use an adapter so you can connect to the input of your PC. Then you can DL Audacity that is a free program so you can record your vinyls.

I can get a pyle pro / pre amp for 35$ I already bought the rca (with two lines ) sterio to Mini cable.

But a freind of mine said I didnt need the pre amp if I just adujust the "Line Level" in XP ??

But I dont want to blow my Mic In on my computer trying to figure this out !!

???:confused:

Greasy how many vinyls do you have to convert? Will it be worth it to invest if you have few vinyls? Can you find the songs on internet for 99cents on itunes or amazon? If you have many viinyls or hard to find classics then don't look for shortcuts your recordings will suffer in quality. Invest in a preamp, buy the cables, ground the TT, and DL the program. You will thank me later when your recording comes out great. After you record remember you have to clean up the recording by removing background noise and click and pops. Ahhhh......how I loved those recording days. LOL.......

Last edited by a moderator:
Back