DaUnknownAdmin.Com
  • Welcome (Back) To DaUnknownAdmin.Com I've been able to restore the databases for DOFCH.Com, Freestyle.FM, and WhatChaMissin.Com. (There's also a tiny gaming clan forum.) You should be able to log in using your old login information. If you have forgotten it, you can reset your password. You can also use the facebook app to log in. Be sure to drop by our Roll Call Thread

If I helped you to log in by resetting your password, be sure to change the password at https://daunknownadmin.com/forums/index.php?account/security

Bad Boy Bill

varrinique

FM MoDz
Freestyle Nation
FreestyleMania.com
ClubFreestyle.Com
NHBFreestyle.Com
FreestyleRemix.Com
NYFreestyle.Com
MaximumFreestyle.Com
LatinFreestyle.Com
Freestyle.FM Dee Jays
<TABLE style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; LINE-HEIGHT: 1.5em; WIDTH: 22em; FONT-SIZE: 88%" class="infobox vcard"><TBODY><TR><TH style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND: #f4bf92; FONT-SIZE: 125%" colSpan=2>Bad Boy Bill</TH></TR><TR><TH style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap">Birth name</TH><TD class=nickname>William Renkosik</TD></TR><TR><TH style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap">Also known as</TH><TD class=nickname>Bad Boy Bill, 3B</TD></TR><TR><TH style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap">[URL="http://freestyle.fm/wiki/Music_genre"]Genres</TH><TD>House</TD></TR><TR><TH style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap">Occupations</TH><TD>DJ</TD></TR><TR><TH style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap">Years active</TH><TD>1985–present</TD></TR><TR><TH style="PADDING-RIGHT: 1em; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap">Labels</TH><TD>Menage Music, Thrive</TD></TR><TR><TH>Website</TH><TD>www.badboybill.com</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>[/URL]

<!-- start content -->Bad Boy Bill (born William Renkosik) is a DJ from Chicago, Illinois, U.S.. He plays an assortment of house music.
Bad Boy Bill began his DJ career in 1985 during the Chicago House music movement of the mid and late 80's working with Mike "Hitman" Wilson and Julian "Jumpin" Perez of the then WBMX dj mixing team known as the Hot Mix 5. Bill's popularity began to grow by dj'ing parties throughout Chicago and the Suburbs opening for the Hot Mix 5 dj's.
Currently Bad Boy Bill plays everything from House to Electro. He is known to play on six different turntables at once. He has come close to winning the DMC championships a few times. He is considered to be a "Superstar" DJ.

<TABLE id=toc class=toc><TBODY><TR><TD>Contents
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>//<![CDATA[if (window.showTocToggle) { var tocShowText = "show"; var tocHideText = "hide"; showTocToggle(); } //]]></SCRIPT>History

Street DJ Promotions era (1987–1995)

Bill made a series of promo mix tapes from about 1987–1995 under the name "Street DJ Promotions". These tapes were basically distributed out of the trunk of his car to local Chicago area record shops, flea markets, and they were also given away at Bill's DJ gigs. These mixes included: Hot Mix #1-17, Non-Stop Hip-Hop, Flashbacks Vol. 1 & 2, Classics Vol. 1-3, Street Style 1 & 2, and Gettin' Wicked. These were almost all in cassette form, with the exceptions of Hot Mix #16, Hot Mix 17, and Non-Stop Hip-Hop, which were produced on both CD and cassette. Bill has been credited with the idea of producing mass mix tapes, which before had only been made in small numbers. Taking the idea from a suggestion from Andre Lopez, owner of Hot Jams record store, Bill set out to promote the music and his mixing style. Thus spawning the "Hot Mix" tape series. The series was so wildly popular that a majority of Chicago DJs followed his lead, and soon it seemed like almost every DJ in Chicago was producing and distributing their own mix tapes. This caught the attention of the RIAA and many music publishing houses who did not collect any money from the use of copyrighted music on the vast number of mix tapes being produced and sold throughout Chicago by these many DJs. Change was inevitable and licensed mixes with national distribution was the way to go. Bill, always being an innovator, got on the forefront of the licensed mix movement and started Mix Connection Multimedia. He has been generally credited with being the first Chicago DJ to produce legally licensed mixes.
Mix Connection Multimedia era (1995–2001)

Bill created Mix Connection Multimedia (MCM) in 1995 to not only produce legally licensed mixes, but to serve as an umbrella company for several side projects and record labels such as: International House Records (IHR), Moody Recordings, Contaminated Muzik, Canvas Recordings, & Motus Music. MCM has most notably produced Bangin' The Box Vol. 1-5, The House Connection (w/ Richard "Humpty" Vission) Vol. 1 & 2, and The B-96 Mixmaster Throwdown Vol. 1-5.
Bangin' The Box (1995–2001)

Bill's Bangin' The Box series is one of the best selling series in dance music history with five volumes. There was also an offshoot of this series titled Bangin in London released in 2000.
House Connection (1997–1998)

Bad Boy Bill teamed up with Richard Vission to form the house dj super-group: The House Connection. They have released two mix albums with their last being in 1998. In May 2006 Bill did a special 2 night reunion show with fellow House Connection mate Richard Vission in Dallas and Detroit. This was the first time the two have spun together in 6 years. Rumors have started about a House Connection 3 being in the works.
Behind The Decks (2003–2006)

In 2003 he released a CD/DVD mix album entitled Behind the Decks. Behind the Decks was originally supposed to be a new series along the same lines as Transport/Tranceport for house music. A second album has not been announced for this series as of July 2007.
Bill embarked on a 3 show tour in May 2006 under the headline "BTD Live". Bill performed at "The Church" in Denver, Avalon in Los Angeles, and Crobar in Chicago. Both audio and video were recorded at these gigs after which a BTD Live CD/DVD was released in the stores in October 2006.
Artist Album and New Mix Album (2007-Present)

ClubPlanet.com did an interview with Bill in January 2007 where he talked briefly about his upcoming projects. He said to expect, "rock, hip-hop, and house" on his artist album. Bill also stated that his new mix album will be all house music.<SUP id=cite_ref-Bad_Boy_Bill_Interview_0-0 class=reference>[1]</SUP>
Bill's artist album, titled The Album was released on July 28, 2009. He performed live on Chicago's B96 radio station on the day of release, and toured extensively in support of the album.
Awards

• 2006 Ranked 1st as America's Favorite House DJ according to BPM Magazine
  • 2005 URB Magazine MSSV Contributors' Poll Winner, "Best Dance DJ"
  • 2003 Ranked 1st as America's Favorite House DJ according to BPM Magazine
  • 2002 Ranked 4th as America's Favorite House DJ according to BPM Magazine
  • 2001 Ranked 40th best DJ in the world according to DJ Magazine
  • 2000 Ranked 84th best DJ in the world according to DJ Magazine
  • 1999 URB Magazine Readers Poll 2nd Place DJ of the Year
  • 1998 Winter Music Conference Mixshow DJ of the Year
  • 1989 DMC US Finals (3rd Place)
  • 1988 DMC US Finals (2nd Place)
  • 1988 DMC Midwest Finals (1st Place)
  • 1987 Hot 105 (Miami) Battle of the DJ's (1st Place)
Discography

Albums

• July 28, 2009 - The Album
Continuous DJ Mixes

• TBA - New Mix Album
  • October 17, 2006 - Behind The Decks Live CD/DVD
  • September 2003 - Behind the Decks CD/DVD
  • September 2001 - Bangin' The Box Vol. 5
  • April 2000 - Bangin' In London
  • August 1999 - Bangin' The Box Vol. 4
  • October 1998 - House Connection Vol. 2 (with Richard Vission)
  • September 1998 - Mixmaster Throwdown Vol. 3 (with B96 DJs)
  • April 1998 - Bangin' The Box Vol. 3
  • October 1997 - Global House Culture Vol. 4
  • July 1997 - Mixmaster Throwdown Vol. 2 (with B96 DJs)
  • May 1997 - The House Connection (with Richard Vission)
  • October 1996 - Bangin' The Box Vol. 2
  • June 1996 - Mixmaster Throwdown Vol. 1 (with B96 DJs)
  • October 1995 - Bangin' The Box Vol. 1
  • 1994 - Gettin' Wicked Vol. 1
  • 1994 - Street Style 1 & 2
  • 1993 - Non-Stop Hip-Hop
  • 1988–1994 Hot Mix Series 1-17
Singles

Remixes

• 2007 Shock Stars - End Of Chicago - Bad Boy Bill Remix
  • 2007 Nelly Furtado - Say It Right - Menage Music Remix / Menage Acid Mix
  • 2006 Steve Smooth & JJ Flores - Time For Love - Bad Boy Bill Remix
  • 2005 Nine Inch Nails - The Hand That Feeds - Smooth & J & Bad Boy Bill Remix
  • 2003 Harrison Crump - The Talk 2 - Bad Boy Bill Remix
Mix Details

Behind The Decks Live

• 20 Tracks Selectable
  • 29 Tracks Mixed
  • 1 hour 12 minutes
Behind The Decks

• 36 Tracks Selectable
References

1. [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srXCOyY3PIE"]YouTube- Bad Boy Bill @ Avalon[/nomedia]
  2. http://www.likeme.net/users/BadBoyBill/recommendations
  3. http://twitter.com/djbadboybil
  4. http://www.myspace.com/djbadboybill
  5. http://www.facebook.com/BadBoyBillMusic
  6. http://www.youtube.com/user/MenageMusic
badboybill.jpg badboybill2.jpg badboybill3.jpg badboybill4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=833 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=textBlue width=77></TD><TD class=textBlue width=247></TD><TD width=479></TD></TR><TR><TD>FR APR 09</TD><TD>San Antonio, TX @ Mink</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>SA APR 10</TD><TD>Las Vegas, NV @ Rain (The Palms)</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>FR APR 16</TD><TD>Tampa, FL @ The Venue</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>SA APR 17</TD><TD>Hollywood, CA @ Avalon</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>FR APR 23</TD><TD>Minneapolis, MN @ Epic</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>SA APR 24</TD><TD>Denver, CO @ BETA</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>FR APR 30</TD><TD>Westfalenhallen, Germany @ Mayday</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>SA MAY 15</TD><TD>West Palm Beach, FL @ Monarchy</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>FR MAY 21</TD><TD>Krefeld, Germany @ Club Meilenstein</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>SA MAY 22</TD><TD>Munster, Germany @ Club Fushion (Docklands Festival)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

It's still dope to hear it in his blends....“Bad Boy Bill is in the mix and he's live – Understand!”

Ahhh yeah.....thanks for posting Varr!

It's still dope to hear it in his blends....“Bad Boy Bill is in the mix and he's live – Understand!”

Ahhh yeah.....thanks for posting Varr!

Hey, You know how it is IllYmas :cool:
"I'm with the DJ" (click on the pic below n read my shirt!)

Now that's was up! Bad Boy Bill has been known as the greatest DJ ever for the longest. He was like the "Michael Jordan" of mixing. Not only was he the one who started basically everything (basically turning the DJ into an artist via mixtapes), but he was also the most skilled. And I can't believe they got the bio so accurate to the point that they even mentioned Andre at Hot Jams. I still remember the first time I ever went to that store with my mixtapes & dude was telling me that exact story himself of how he gave Bill the idea of "mixtapes". Bad Boy Bill was such a "household name" basically that I was shocked the first time I heard of Bad Boy Joe as I had never heard anyone else use that prefix in their DJ name. I can't believe that it would take this long to get Bill's bio up here. That's the nigga that started the whole thing!

I have to admit I appreciate his Hot Mix 5 days more. I was fortunate enough to enjoy dancing while recording them on cassette as they aired on WBMX. I got to see him mix and battle live.... *sigh*...those were the days...LOL! I got hype, reminisced, and busted out Bangin The Box Vol. 1 last night.....which is still "bangin'"l! Even though I mentioned him last on that DJ thread I posted a while back...he most definitely ranks high on my list!

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally think that Bad Boy Bill was one of the greatest back in the day. I remember when he was passing my cousin Julian Jumpin Perez records at the Taste Of Chicago back in 1983-84. I think thats where he started to catch on, and look what he's become!!!

Back